“Very delicious food. Cool and friendly staff.”
Review of La Compagnia

La Compagnia
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Torrenieri
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Very delicious food. Cool and friendly staff. Good service. Calm and pleasant to have dinner in the summer outside.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Because Torrenieri is more modern and not so charming as Montalcino little tourists go here. And that's also the case with restaurant La Compagnia in Torrenieri. The pizza in this family restaurant was the best I ever had. Great tasting and crusty. It's nice to sit outside near the big tree in summer. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

We stumbled into this place by accident since we could not find the place we were looking for. What a great find! This was by far, the best spinach ravioli we have ever had, and it was not just my opinion, Everyone in our group tried it and it was unanimous! The other dishes were also good. I like their bolognaise sauce. It was excellent. Although our waiter did not speak great english, he tried hard to please us and was very helpful and friendly. He even got me the recipe for the sauce and the ravioli. The pizza was not bad either, but the ravoli was incredible, and I have been in some great restaurants. I have also made my own, nothing like this. The local wines were also good, and we actually went to the winery where they get their wines from to buy some. This is what an Italian restaurant should be. Not especially fancy, but great basic fare, from great ingredients. If you are in Montalcino, you must go here!

Reviewed 30 July 2015

Want something glamourous? Do not come here.

Want something cool and trendy? Do not come here.

Want something well-priced, down-to-earth, with service with a smile, and where locals go? Go no further. This is the place!

Torrenieri is not as glamorous as Montalcino and has neither wine bars nor sophisticated wine stores and this is probably the reason why La Compagnia can make the difference. Service is good, I have been there several times and have never had a single complaint. Food is good too, with good meat, good pizza, and excellent pasta. I would rather pick this place one hundred times than many of the places in nearby cities, such as Montalcino or Buonconvento.

Good job guys!

1  Thank SandroDTW
Reviewed 13 July 2015

This is a gem of a place. In a little town called Torrenieri near Montalcino. Excellent pici with either ragu or tomato and garlic that was devine. Next were wonderful very thin and crisp pizzas - the best we've had in Italy. 2 course meal for 2 with wine costs about 50 euros. Lovely local experience