All reviews sunday lunch the pub lovely old pub lovely food evening meal venison burger scarecrow trail landlady vicki bun roasties accommodation veg starters regulars pint harrow
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Good:
Bed was very comfortable
Lovely pub
Good selection of beers
Staff very friendly
Not so Good:
Lovely atmosphere.
Evening meal in Pub - This was not terrible, but not great. I had Lamb Curry - but this had Lamb Kofta cut into chunks not real lamb. - My wife had Lamb Kofta, with pitta bread. The bread was cold naan bread straight from the packet.
Bathroom a little tired.
Breakfast - very limited and left in out room night before which consisted of cold croissant, small boxes of cereal and some yogurt bars. No cooked breakfast, which was a shame.

Couple next to us asked for warm bread (On the menu stated balsamic vinegar and oils. The breads arrived (Which looked nice), they asked if the oils were coming out soon. The waitress just smiled and said sorry we don't have any.. that was it..
I asked for the WiFi code as I had to check for something, 30 minutes later the waitress came over laughing and asked if she every passed it to me.

As I said really nice people, cannot complain about them at all. It was all just a little amusing.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
mich4963, Owner at The Harrow Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hi Martin

Many thanks for taking the time to review The Harrow and I’m sorry that all was not to your liking, although I’m pleased that our personalities shone through .

With reference to the lamb curry, it was described on our specials board as lamb kofta curry and the meatballs in it were made fresh on the premises and not just cut up kofta kebab.

Despite the events of the evening, I really hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Decided on spur of moment to find a place for Sunday lunch, called and booked a table when we were 15 mins away... fresh cooked roast beef for 3 was just what was needed, food is great. Highly recommended

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
mich4963, Owner at The Harrow Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Hi Gary

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Harrow. I remember speaking to you when you rang up to see if we could fit you in and I’m glad that your spur of the moment decision turned out to be an enjoyable experience for you all.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Popped in on Sunday for a quick drink and on seeing another tables delicious roast dinners, we decided to stay and eat. We just got in before the 5pm cut off but the food was amazing and at a really good price.
The portions were big, with plenty of meat, vegetables and roasties.
Staff were all friendly and we will definately be back to eat again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
mich4963, Owner at The Harrow Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

It’s so nice to hear that you weren’t planning on eating and were tempted by seeing another customer’s lunch and that it lived up to expectations we hope you are tempted back again soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We recently ate at the Harrow for Sunday lunch, it was pleasent with no issues. The menu is a little skant (but I think thats because they are just finding their feet in there) food was cooked well, good veg and meat cooked correctly.

The American IPA is a good pint.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
mich4963, Owner at The Harrow Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Hi Matthew

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. Our current Sunday menu does mainly feature roast dinners but now the weather is warming up we are planning to add some variety to it and “summer” it up so hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We turned up on spec as our previous had a rowdy hen night on arrival, and we were grateful to find somewhere to accommodate our party of four. The service was efficient and we were made to feel welcome and valued. Wide ranging menu of standard pub grub classics and a few specials. All four of us enjoyed our differing choices. Dessert menu a little limited which didn’t,matter too much to us. Excellent choice of wines, beers and lagers, all in all a good evening and we will return.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
mich4963, Owner at The Harrow Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hi Steve

I’m so glad you took a chance and came to The Harrow and that you were all made to feel so welcome. I agree that the current dessert menu is a little limited but we are working on that at the moment so keep an eye out!
We hope to see you all again very soon.