Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews agoratoli range eastern range visit kaziranga in december central range wildlife assam park simplicity india
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

The place is quiet and away from the main road surrounded by fields so the location is very good.
But a few issues that we had were with the food. Even though none of us were the fussy kinds but we definitely don't like to be served cold food and the same food for 2 consecutive days. Atleast the eggs should've been to order and not made and kept on the table before hand. Who likes cold omelettes and bhurji.
Also we had booked the machaan which we were told was completed just before we arrived and we could see some of the pillars still not complete at the bottom of the machaan which I'm sorry to say could be very very unsafe.
Apart from these two issues, the satff were warm and the normal rooms or cottages were good.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank NehaA26
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Our trip to Kaziranga turned out to be extra extra special due to our stay at Agoratoli Eco Tourism Resort! The resort is an extension of the park itself and you feel like you are connected to nature and wildlife every moment of your stay.
Bhaskar Baruah's passion for nature and expertise on birds, his warm welcome and sense of humour all add upto the experience.
The resort connected to fields and stretching out to snow clad mountain peaks in the distance offer stunning visuals.
Bhaskar Da will lay out a spread fit for several kings at each meal. There are rows of local delicacies, pickles and other food to tempt you.
Other than the wildlife, you can also experience a river cruise on the Brahmaputra.
The trip was amongst my most memorable and I left in love with the simplicity and beauty of Assam, not wanting to leave and promising myself that I would come back again for sure!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Bhaskar B, Owner at Agoratoli Eco Tourism Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thanks a ton for the sweet words. Looking forward to having you in our midst soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

I went there just for a wildlife holiday but came back enjoying so many more aspects! The other activities like a cruise on the mighty Brahmaputra, the amazing food at each meal, the excellent conversations with people having great local knowledge, the atmosphere at the resort. It all came together to give me one of my most memorable holidays for all the right reasons. And last but not least, Bhaskar Barua’s humor would make even a dull day seem like fun :)

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Its always an honor hosting super adventurous guys like you.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Beautiful rooms with equally scrumptious food, Mr Bhasker does it perfectly.
Falling just half a km away from the eastern range of Kaziranga the place it self has an experience of being able to hear rhino, elephants, dears, birds, and Tiger from the property itself .
If in Kaziranga a must visit and THE Destination for wildlifing and relaxing, with a lot of knowledge into wildlife Mr Bhasker is also a favourit in and around Kaziranga with his bright ideas helping the locals and wildlife live in harmony togethr.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Bhaskar B, Owner at Agoratoli Eco Tourism Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I had the chance to experience the Agoratoli Resort twice rather than once. I travelled there alone last November, and was welcomed as part of the family. First, I had talked to Bhaskar, one of the owners, about my trip to Assam. He really helped me out making my way there and travelling in the region, even though there was no advantage for him to do so. It was just pure kindness.

Then I got to the resort itself; this place is really amazing; the view overlooking the rice fields and a small bridge where you can watch locals going in and coming back from work with their cattle, the surroundings (walking distance to one of the entrances of Kaziranga National Park), the comfort of the cottages...

But what striked me the most is all there is at Agoratoli Resort that we don't really know about. Effectively, the accomodation is highly involved in the community, either by helping to build school infrastructures, or offering programs to sensitize youth to the importance of nature and wildlife conservation,or working on developing a cooperative that would allow empowerment of many families from the neighbouring villages.

Moreover, many environmental initiatives have been put into place to make the resort a more responsible and sustainable one, starting with using exclusively local human and material resources. The list gets longer and longer as the resort develops, so I'll let you get more information about it by yourself. That being said, I strongly recommend you to experience the Agoratoli Resort on your next trip to Assam.

If you care about the environment, are interested in local cultures and curious to know how they live, if you want to be part of intiatives that do make a difference, or just want to sit back and enjoy the beautiful music of nature, you definitely have to stop at the Agoratoli Resort.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank FarAway699895

Thank you Marie for your appreciation of our efforts. Look forward to having you in our midst again.