“A must for the bucket list”

Bloodwood Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 123 Restaurants in Newtown
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I have frequented this restaurant for many years now. It holds a dear space in our heart. In every aspect it delivers oustanding service; the food is authentic, thoughtful and bloody delicious; the drinks menu is considered and varied; the service is always warm, genuine and unpretentious; and the atmosphere is an odd juxtaposition between a serene calmness and a busyness that keeps you stimulated and inspired. They are consistent. And you will be acquainted by the same staff, which says a lot about the culture of the restaurant. To top it off, they maintain a strong ethos towards sustainability. The moral of the story, you are doing yourself a serious injustice if you do not get your butt there. It is one for the bucket list.

Danielle and Mark.

Bloodwood, Manager at Bloodwood Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you thank you thank you thank you. It's beautiful people like you two that make it easy for us to come back and do this day after day! See you guys soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great food if not a little pricey. Service was great though I think the kitchen can struggle keeping up on busy nights. Everything we tried was great and well prepared. Good for a special night out.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Normally not one to leave a review.. But I have never received such bad service in my life. I turned up with 10 guests for my Birthday last Friday only to be rudely told our table wasn't ready and we had to wait on the street. When I came to ask for an update I was told I was "wasting time" by asking. The woman had the worst attitude I have ever experienced from someone in hospitality, and I was extremely embarrassed at the way she spoke to me and my guests.

After waiting 30 minutes on the street and spoken to like we were a frustration to them, we decided to leave and I had to bring my guests back home and order pizza.

If you were running late a simple call or email would have saved a lot of pain. Bloodwood you ruined my birthday with your horrible hospitality and I will never EVER be back.

3  Thank Laura A
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Awesome small bar and great food. Excellent as it’s table service for drinks. The staff are friendly too

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I am a local that goes here a few times a year, which is not enough given how much I LOVE it! Awesome food and service.

Bloodwood, Manager at Bloodwood Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thanks Alex. You should definitely come and see us more often!!!!!