“Worst service I've ever experienced in my life”

Bloodwood Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 124 Restaurants in Newtown
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Normally not one to leave a review.. But I have never received such bad service in my life. I turned up with 10 guests for my Birthday last Friday only to be rudely told our table wasn't ready and we had to wait on the street. When I came to ask for an update I was told I was "wasting time" by asking. The woman had the worst attitude I have ever experienced from someone in hospitality, and I was extremely embarrassed at the way she spoke to me and my guests.

After waiting 30 minutes on the street and spoken to like we were a frustration to them, we decided to leave and I had to bring my guests back home and order pizza.

If you were running late a simple call or email would have saved a lot of pain. Bloodwood you ruined my birthday with your horrible hospitality and I will never EVER be back.

3  Thank Laura A

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Awesome small bar and great food. Excellent as it’s table service for drinks. The staff are friendly too

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I am a local that goes here a few times a year, which is not enough given how much I LOVE it! Awesome food and service.

Bloodwood, Manager at Bloodwood Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thanks Alex. You should definitely come and see us more often!!!!!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Best service I've had in Sydney to date. The host was so welcoming and was keen to know any dietary requirements and went through the entire menu item by item telling me which was suitable and what wasn't. Then based on our wine tastebuds he recommended a beautiful bottle of Malbec, one which, as he said it, the kitchen staff were always disappointed when there was never a drop leftover.

So as for the food -
Fried chicken - my sweet mother of divine it was out of this world. So succulent. So crispy. So damn gluten free!
Grilled Brussel Sprouts - you heard it here first (lol just kidding I'm late to the Brussel Sprout party) gone are the days of gross, boiled, christmas-time-only-veg -- brussel sprouts can be bloody delicious. Especially when they're accompanied by a mouthwatering lentil, eggplant and olive mix.
Lamb cutlets - i love lamb, and was eyeing this since I looked up the menu the night before, but it was totally shadowed by the previous two dishes. Not that it was bad, dont get me wrong, but was delicious lamb. That's it.

Bottle of red and 3 sharing dishes came to $75 each.
1000000% going back.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

That's a great place to eat in Newtown. It's a bit expensive but the food is great. It is Spanish style with tapas to share.