“Tops little bar”

Ranked #5 of 159 Restaurants in Newtown
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Awesome small bar and great food. Excellent as it’s table service for drinks. The staff are friendly too

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I am a local that goes here a few times a year, which is not enough given how much I LOVE it! Awesome food and service.

Bloodwood, Manager at Bloodwood Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thanks Alex. You should definitely come and see us more often!!!!!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Best service I've had in Sydney to date. The host was so welcoming and was keen to know any dietary requirements and went through the entire menu item by item telling me which was suitable and what wasn't. Then based on our wine tastebuds he recommended a beautiful bottle of Malbec, one which, as he said it, the kitchen staff were always disappointed when there was never a drop leftover.

So as for the food -
Fried chicken - my sweet mother of divine it was out of this world. So succulent. So crispy. So damn gluten free!
Grilled Brussel Sprouts - you heard it here first (lol just kidding I'm late to the Brussel Sprout party) gone are the days of gross, boiled, christmas-time-only-veg -- brussel sprouts can be bloody delicious. Especially when they're accompanied by a mouthwatering lentil, eggplant and olive mix.
Lamb cutlets - i love lamb, and was eyeing this since I looked up the menu the night before, but it was totally shadowed by the previous two dishes. Not that it was bad, dont get me wrong, but was delicious lamb. That's it.

Bottle of red and 3 sharing dishes came to $75 each.
1000000% going back.

1  Thank gfcrusader
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

That's a great place to eat in Newtown. It's a bit expensive but the food is great. It is Spanish style with tapas to share.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I couldn't fault the food. The menu was creative and provided excellent choices. This isn't a hippie vegan type diner that one would come to expect from King st. The food is exceptionally good. I found the prices reasonable given the quality. The chefs must have a serious pedigree to produce this kind of quality food. I'm from Melbourne and Bloodwood reminds me of the sort of restaurant along Flinders Lane where you'd spend huge dollars. It's a sharing dish style menu. The waiter recommended we chose about 4 to 5 dishes, depending on choice. It was plenty for 2 very hungry blokes. Very interesting beer list and a great choice of wines.

1  Thank Paul B
Bloodwood, Manager at Bloodwood Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing your review, we very pleased that you have enjoyed your experience with us!

We look forward to having you dine with us again the next time your in Sydney.

Kind regards,