All reviewsdodgy dockfree shuttlecooking classstreet foodtower roomrum tastinggrand anse beachinfinity poolsmall kitchenettedive shopyogurtview of the baydive triphired a carspent a weeklocal dishesdive school
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I visited True Blue Bay Resort in September during the middle of hurricane season. Always an adventure in itself, however the Resort was very accommodating when our flight was cancelled and we were delayed by a day. Very cute rooms and a beautiful view of True Blue Bay. I stayed in a standard double room that had 2 twin beds. We had a stove cook top, refrigerator and small kitchen equipped with pots, plates and utensils. We also had a small coffee maker. We had a view from our veranda of the Bay.
The staff was very helpful and friendly with our questions about Grenada. The food served at the onsite restaurant, Dodgy Dock, was great, reasonably priced with awesome specials. We frequently brought our dinner leftovers back to the room to eat as lunch after diving. They also had a room service menu that was wonderful for days when the weather wasn’t great and I wanted to just stay in. We had an included continental breakfast that had a great variety of fresh fruits, hot cereal, cooked to order eggs and a wonderful daily herbal tea selection. Try the bay leaf tea, it was my favorite!
The dive operation on site was Aquanats Grenada. They were wonderful! Our dive masters, Paul and Bruce were fantastic about letting us dive our air as well as being wonderful guides. They took care of our gear each dat, rinsing it and hanging it up. All we had to do was show up each morning! Bugsy, our captain, was available in the afternoons for a variety of excursions, just hit him up.
I will definitely be back to Grenada and True Blue Bay Resort!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I booked this property for a recent trip to the island to visit family who had recently relocated to there. As this was my first time visiting, I did not know proximity to where my family was staying in relation to this property and so when I first arrived to the hotel, I was told by family it was out of the way and I should cancel. I tried but due to my booking process, failed. It was the best thing that could have happened. I did end up staying here and I completely enjoyed it. the room was clean, comfortable and had great privacy. It also included a small kitchenette and dining area with a fully functional stove and complimentary dishware so if you have unique dietary needs then you have the ability to make your own or reheat your own meals. The breakfast provided each morning is served in a common dining area and is a treat not just because its tasty but the dining staff is so gracious, it feels like home. There is one lady who works there, I didn't get her name, but she was wonderful, you will know her when you meet her, she just draws you in. The staff really are the sweetest people and the bartender did his job and got me drunk on some pretty potent rum punches (granted I had quiet a few...4..lol). The property is closer to the airport and to the university. There is a night club within walking distance about 10 mins leisurely walk and a pharmacy as well as another bar directly outside the gates, in addition to the bar on premises which offers up very good live entertainment nightly. It is about a 10-15 min drive outside city center and local transportation is readily available and affordable.
There are several playgrounds on property and two pool areas so definitely family friendly property.
This hotel has a marina but no beach access, but they do have a shuttle that goes everyday to the beach.
A few drawbacks - There is a funny smell from the toilet which seems to be a septic issue which might be island related. I always travel with a room deodarizer so that took care of the issue.
It rained buckets everyday, in intervals so even though most of the day would end up being sunny, the mornings and evenings were almost guaranteed torrential rain. This made going up to my room a bit treacherous since it caused a little shower to be created right on the steps. I think a gutter readjustment would solve that issue easily. Other than that I had no complaints.
Great mid-tier property and good value for what is included at the price point and would definitely recommend if you are visiting and need accommodations in this category.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Magskaraya, Guest Relations Manager at True Blue Bay Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to hear, though you tried to change your arrangements, you thoroughly enjoyed a stay beyond your expectations and were glad you ended up at True Blue. Guests rave about our included continental breakfast buffet on the waterfront. Our welcoming staff take this opportunity to ensure guests have a great start to their day. Rooms are designed to offer comfort, simple luxury and practical convenience with included fully equipped kitchenette. Our bartenders aim to please with refreshing cocktails that also offer a little kick. Here’s a tip for your next visit: change to a lighter drink after the second rum punch. After two, you really feel the punch! We appreciate you letting us know about the maintenance issues you noticed. We will investigate these and fix them right away. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Loved this hotel - very Grenadian place. For someone who wants to be in a place with a local flavor and not a big chain/resort, this is perfect. Property is well kept with friendly staff. The restaurant is also very good and an included great breakfast every day is a bonus.
The only knock on this place is that you basically cannot go anywhere without driving (or you have to keep calling for a taxi) - it is not near the key beaches, restaurants etc.

I will be going to Grenada - I may go back here but I may try other places as well, somewhere more centrally located.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our Caribbean hospitality. Though a little off the beaten path, we are a 20 minute walk from the bus stop and offer a complimentary shuttle to Grand Anse beach. We also offer plenty of activities on site such as scuba diving, kayaking, hobie cat sailing, paddle boarding, cooking class, rum tasting, massage and spa, yoga and regular live entertainment to name a few. We understand you would like to try out some other places but know you will be back!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We had not planned on an extended vacation, but hurricane Irma changed our plans.
We were on a cruise in the Caribbean and couldn't get back because of Miami be hit by the hurricane. Our purser on the cruise set up a group of us at True Blue Bay resort.
The resort is beautiful, the people couldn't be nicer. We ended up staying and extra week and kept changing our leaving day because we couldn't get flights out. Being low season there was no problem.
If we go again, I will ask for a room overlooking the bay. We were in an older part of the resort. Rooms were nice and big, very clean, but did need updating to match the nicer ones overlooking the bay.
While there we attended a rum tasting and a chocolate tasting on the resort. The included breakfast was very good everyday. It was a full breakfast, on a wonderful covered deck. We had pizza and wings and a variety of foods at the resort. You really have to try the pizza that has chicken wings on it. I don't remember the name but i think it may have been the Shittlze pizza. Different.
The ladies can arrange tours for you. There is a free shuttle to the beach everyday, just make sure you sign up for it. Umbrellas restaurant is a good place to grab a bite while there.
Just down from the resort is Cloud nine restaurant, the food is good, but very slow service. All in all a great place to be stranded!

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the bay
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tazcatlover

Thank you for your feedback. We were pleased to have you “stuck” with us and it is great you made the best out of your unexpected stay. Yes, everyone loves pizza and wings so we thought we would make it chicken wing pizza! Our kitchen staff are so happy you enjoyed it and mentioned it in your review. Our concierge staff aim to please and will go the extra mile to help you explore the island, a service more guests should take advantage of. We hope you will return but by choice next time. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We spent 2 weeks at True Blue during mid September 2017. We appreciated the warm welcome on arrival and our 'Indigo' room was excellent. Housekeeping was exceptional throughout - quickly sorting out a couple of non working appliances, and keeping the apartment to a superb standard of cleanliness. Concierge services were excellent - Genel was always on hand to answer even the daftest of questions! I really don't recognise the description of the Dodgy Dock on recent reviews. Our experience was universally positive. We were welcomed to breakfast by Akim each morning and Chevon made excellent fresh omelettes to order - yes, there was queue sometimes, but hey, we were on holiday, and the food was prepared to order - worth the occasional wait. Lunches and evenings at the Dodgy Dock were similarly impressive - Akinda and her colleagues were cheerful, helpful and attentive. The food was always prepared to order (except, obviously, on buffet style evenings) and was great. We also enjoyed the various musical offerings and the band playing on our middle Wednesday (13th - street food evening) was superb. The others were just very good! Thanks to everyone at True Blue for a great holiday - we will return. Fiona and David.

Room Tip: Take advice from travel agent or the resort
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple