“True Blue Bay”

True Blue Bay Boutique Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in True Blue
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is a great little resort; it’s relaxed and cozy. Business (well, waiting for my business to arrive) brought me here for two nights and I was lucky enough to stay in a tower suite.

Getting there from St George’s can take a while, the island is small but there’s lots of traffic and the roads are... well, mostly B roads :) True Blue is a bit out of the way but then the islands isn’t exactly large and you can get to things, just take your time. You’re in the Caribbean after all!
Having said this, if you’re coming from the airport you should get there fairly quickly, it’s quite close. So you will have the occasional plane going above your head, if you’re sensitive to this kind of noise you might want to stay away, I found it great to sit on my tower and watch them go by as they gained altitude.
As said above I was lucky enough to stay in a tower suite; a great room! It’s spacious, air conditioned (there’s a ceiling fan, too, if you like it more old fashioned) and features a large bathroom with whirlpool and a funky shower. On the outside you’ll find a spacious deck with furniture and a spiral staircase to the tower. This tower quickly became my favorite spot; great views and a bit of a breeze make the hours pass up there nicely. Go easy on the booze though, that spiral staircase isn’t exactly easy to navigate ;) The only thing I’d change in the room would be the location of the TV but hey, I’d didn’t come here to watch TV.
True Blue does not have a beach (but a beach shuttle) but two pools and the ‘beach’ infinity pool makes up for the lack of the real thing. I think I actually prefer it over the real thing but everyone’s different when it comes to this.
Breakfast is included, the choices are a little limited (I’m German and I guess we’re known to celebrate our breakfasts) but the omelet man did an excellent job!
The Dodgy Dog restaurant also had great meals for both lunch and dinner. Room service is available but I didn’t give it a try.
If you stay here make sure you read the guest information folder in the room, it’s clearly written by True Blue’s (British) owner, who happens to be the resorts plumber as well, and a fun read.
Overall I enjoyed staying at True Blue very much. It was short and sweet but if I can find the time I’ll surely be back!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Lars H

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I visited True Blue Bay Resort in September during the middle of hurricane season. Always an adventure in itself, however the Resort was very accommodating when our flight was cancelled and we were delayed by a day. Very cute rooms and a beautiful view of True Blue Bay. I stayed in a standard double room that had 2 twin beds. We had a stove cook top, refrigerator and small kitchen equipped with pots, plates and utensils. We also had a small coffee maker. We had a view from our veranda of the Bay.
The staff was very helpful and friendly with our questions about Grenada. The food served at the onsite restaurant, Dodgy Dock, was great, reasonably priced with awesome specials. We frequently brought our dinner leftovers back to the room to eat as lunch after diving. They also had a room service menu that was wonderful for days when the weather wasn’t great and I wanted to just stay in. We had an included continental breakfast that had a great variety of fresh fruits, hot cereal, cooked to order eggs and a wonderful daily herbal tea selection. Try the bay leaf tea, it was my favorite!
The dive operation on site was Aquanats Grenada. They were wonderful! Our dive masters, Paul and Bruce were fantastic about letting us dive our air as well as being wonderful guides. They took care of our gear each dat, rinsing it and hanging it up. All we had to do was show up each morning! Bugsy, our captain, was available in the afternoons for a variety of excursions, just hit him up.
I will definitely be back to Grenada and True Blue Bay Resort!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I booked this property for a recent trip to the island to visit family who had recently relocated to there. As this was my first time visiting, I did not know proximity to where my family was staying in relation to this property and so when I first arrived to the hotel, I was told by family it was out of the way and I should cancel. I tried but due to my booking process, failed. It was the best thing that could have happened. I did end up staying here and I completely enjoyed it. the room was clean, comfortable and had great privacy. It also included a small kitchenette and dining area with a fully functional stove and complimentary dishware so if you have unique dietary needs then you have the ability to make your own or reheat your own meals. The breakfast provided each morning is served in a common dining area and is a treat not just because its tasty but the dining staff is so gracious, it feels like home. There is one lady who works there, I didn't get her name, but she was wonderful, you will know her when you meet her, she just draws you in. The staff really are the sweetest people and the bartender did his job and got me drunk on some pretty potent rum punches (granted I had quiet a few...4..lol). The property is closer to the airport and to the university. There is a night club within walking distance about 10 mins leisurely walk and a pharmacy as well as another bar directly outside the gates, in addition to the bar on premises which offers up very good live entertainment nightly. It is about a 10-15 min drive outside city center and local transportation is readily available and affordable.
There are several playgrounds on property and two pool areas so definitely family friendly property.
This hotel has a marina but no beach access, but they do have a shuttle that goes everyday to the beach.
A few drawbacks - There is a funny smell from the toilet which seems to be a septic issue which might be island related. I always travel with a room deodarizer so that took care of the issue.
It rained buckets everyday, in intervals so even though most of the day would end up being sunny, the mornings and evenings were almost guaranteed torrential rain. This made going up to my room a bit treacherous since it caused a little shower to be created right on the steps. I think a gutter readjustment would solve that issue easily. Other than that I had no complaints.
Great mid-tier property and good value for what is included at the price point and would definitely recommend if you are visiting and need accommodations in this category.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Magskaraya, Guest Relations Manager at True Blue Bay Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to hear, though you tried to change your arrangements, you thoroughly enjoyed a stay beyond your expectations and were glad you ended up at True Blue. Guests rave about our included continental breakfast buffet on the waterfront. Our welcoming staff take this opportunity to ensure guests have a great start to their day. Rooms are designed to offer comfort, simple luxury and practical convenience with included fully equipped kitchenette. Our bartenders aim to please with refreshing cocktails that also offer a little kick. Here’s a tip for your next visit: change to a lighter drink after the second rum punch. After two, you really feel the punch! We appreciate you letting us know about the maintenance issues you noticed. We will investigate these and fix them right away. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Loved this hotel - very Grenadian place. For someone who wants to be in a place with a local flavor and not a big chain/resort, this is perfect. Property is well kept with friendly staff. The restaurant is also very good and an included great breakfast every day is a bonus.
The only knock on this place is that you basically cannot go anywhere without driving (or you have to keep calling for a taxi) - it is not near the key beaches, restaurants etc.

I will be going to Grenada - I may go back here but I may try other places as well, somewhere more centrally located.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our Caribbean hospitality. Though a little off the beaten path, we are a 20 minute walk from the bus stop and offer a complimentary shuttle to Grand Anse beach. We also offer plenty of activities on site such as scuba diving, kayaking, hobie cat sailing, paddle boarding, cooking class, rum tasting, massage and spa, yoga and regular live entertainment to name a few. We understand you would like to try out some other places but know you will be back!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We had not planned on an extended vacation, but hurricane Irma changed our plans.
We were on a cruise in the Caribbean and couldn't get back because of Miami be hit by the hurricane. Our purser on the cruise set up a group of us at True Blue Bay resort.
The resort is beautiful, the people couldn't be nicer. We ended up staying and extra week and kept changing our leaving day because we couldn't get flights out. Being low season there was no problem.
If we go again, I will ask for a room overlooking the bay. We were in an older part of the resort. Rooms were nice and big, very clean, but did need updating to match the nicer ones overlooking the bay.
While there we attended a rum tasting and a chocolate tasting on the resort. The included breakfast was very good everyday. It was a full breakfast, on a wonderful covered deck. We had pizza and wings and a variety of foods at the resort. You really have to try the pizza that has chicken wings on it. I don't remember the name but i think it may have been the Shittlze pizza. Different.
The ladies can arrange tours for you. There is a free shuttle to the beach everyday, just make sure you sign up for it. Umbrellas restaurant is a good place to grab a bite while there.
Just down from the resort is Cloud nine restaurant, the food is good, but very slow service. All in all a great place to be stranded!

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the bay
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tazcatlover

Thank you for your feedback. We were pleased to have you “stuck” with us and it is great you made the best out of your unexpected stay. Yes, everyone loves pizza and wings so we thought we would make it chicken wing pizza! Our kitchen staff are so happy you enjoyed it and mentioned it in your review. Our concierge staff aim to please and will go the extra mile to help you explore the island, a service more guests should take advantage of. We hope you will return but by choice next time. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near True Blue
28.7 km away
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & Restaurant Grenada
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & R...
#1 of 1 in Saint Patrick Parish
2.4 km away
Spice Island Beach Resort
Spice Island Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Grand Anse

Been to True Blue Bay Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK