All reviews coach trip coach party executive room restaurant staff national holidays buffet style evening meal self service walk in shower good nights sleep stayed here for one night bed was very comfortable from start to finish wedding reception car park tea and coffee following morning
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night 19th August was on a coach trip. Pleasantly surprised evening meal and breakfast both buffet style and both brilliant. Evening meal, was hot with food being constantly brought out. The breakfast was exactly the same.
Room lovely and clean, looked like just been repainted done up. Only issue was extractor fan in bathroom wasn't fitted correctly.
Price of drinks more than pubs but to be expected.
All staff very polite and professional.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SarahB190729, Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Amanda W

Thank you for submitting your review and for sharing your feedback with us.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Leeds-Wakefield and we hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We have ended up here for a one night stay after being on a trip with national coach holidays. The food is amazing, the staff are so polite, the room was fab and really clean. Powerful shower the bed linen was lovely and fresh, everything you need from hair dryer to tea and coffee. Overall a lovely nights stay my little boy wants to stay another night he liked it that much too!

Trip type: Travelled with family
SarahB190729, Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Leeds-Wakefield.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback, which will be shared with the Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Hotel was all nice and clean. The room also felt fresh and clean.

Very pleasant all in all.

Staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast good.

Only slight negative - the bar had ran out of Jack Daniels. A small blemish on an otherwise perfect stay.

One side of the hotel looks out over the motorway (about a mile away). It's no louder than normal air conditioning system, but if you've seen enough motorway for one day, or prefer perfect quiet for sleeping - then choose the grassy bank side.

Room tip: Motorway view or grassy bank
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SarahB190729, Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Ian.
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay.
I am very sorry that the bar did not have your drink selection at the time as we should always be fully stocked with main line drinks.

I hope that we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel. Rooms clean nice shower & bathroom. Comfy beds. Food excellent. Staff friendly. This is the 4th time we've done an emerdale trip & 1st time in this hotel. Must say the best we've stayed in never known a manager introduce himself explain where everything is. Definitely recommend & would love to return

Trip type: Travelled with friends
SarahB190729, Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear 25julie64

Thank you for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us here at Holiday Inn Leeds-Wakefield.

Your valuable feedback will be shared with the Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The hotel is easily accessible off the M1 , with plenty of free parking, with what seems like a large sprawling setup of rooms, and conference etc.

Arrival and check in, pleasant and efficient, no problems at all, in fact very good.

The bar/restaurant area was nice, bright and clean and so all good there, the staff were attentive and prompt.

So all in all a good clean hotel with good service, now the bad bits.

I had Hunters Chicken without cheese, which basically makes it grilled chicken and barbecue sauce, I thought there was supposed to be Bacon , I may be wrong, there wasn't, and to be fair there was enough salad to feed a very large rabbit. It was ok , not great.

The guy on the next table did complain about the quality of his steak versus the price.

So here is my real problem, I got excellent service from Gabriel , the young front of house guy in the restaurant, and I believe in rewarding such excellent service with a tip, but when I discover that those 'Optional' Service charges that were put on my bill, does not go directly to Gabriel , I not longer want to leave a tip.

When you have good staff, they should be rewarded, and allowed to be rewarded by customers, get rid of the so called Optional Charge - it discourages customers from rewarding good service when provided, at the front end of your business. Give Gabriel the tip he deserves.

And finally, £4.50 tray charge for room service (my room was 15 metres from the restaurant) ? Is this a 5* Sheraton? It's enough to pay £12 for a badly presented club sandwich , but to be hit with a £4.50 fee on top is just robbery.

I may seriously start to reconsider which hotel chain I use on trips if either the quality of the food doesn't go up, or the silly charges don't come down.

And why is it necessary for cleaning staff to barge into my room at 8:30am, if my check out is 12pm....

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear AnthonyP.
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Firstly I am pleased that Gabriel provided you with excellent service. Gabriel is one of our trainees and he will be pleased to hear your very kind comments.

All gratuities collected go back to all of the team and are shared with them on a regular basis based.

I have shared you comments with our head chef in regard to your chicken as all of our food should be served to brand standard.

The tray charge for room service is a standard across all of our hotels , however I do take on board your feed back.

Thank you kindly for your comments and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again to our hotel.