1,255 results
All reviewssunset cabanabedroom villaindian oceanprivate poolthe cliffvilla hostindonesian restaurantlip balmface mistoutdoor showercrackerswater featuresbutler servicepersonal butlermain poollevel of serviceour honeymoon
Reviewed 11 October 2017

This was our family's 5th stay at Alila Uluwatu and each time we stay it seems to get better and better if that's even possible! We stayed in both the 2 bedroom hillside villa and the 3 bedroom cliffside villas over the course of 14 days. Both are equal wonderful. The hillside villa is very private and quiet with a nice breeze and an amazing view. The cliffside villa is closer to the restaurant and spa with a beautiful view as well. What makes this hotel a complete standout is the service. Everyone is so thoughtful and welcoming. Our assistant, Ari, who we were lucky enough to have with us again this year was amazing. Always there when we needed him. Kind, thoughtful and lovely to be around. We had quests stay with us for two days who had a 7year old little boy. Ari was wonderful with him. Completely enchanting. The General Manager, Marco, is so gracious and helpful. He always manages to make our stay special. As far as the facility goes, it's remarkable. The architecture and aesthetic is beautiful. Everywhere you look is stunning. There isn't a single spot on this property that hasn't been well-thoughtout and beautiful. The food... So amazing. Chef Marc and his team create delicious plates for all palates. My daughter in law is vegan and she was thrilled with her meals. I'm not and was equally thrilled! The staff at both restaurants are attentive and lovely. One restaurant serves international cuisine and the other local Indonesian cuisine. They also have an additional new tasting menu small restaurant that we didn't try but looked wonderful. The breakfast that was included in our villa rates is delicious. I think we must have ordered everything on the menu every morning! Lastly the spa...had one of the best massages ever! It's peaceful and healing. The beauty of the people at Alila Uluwatu is undeniable. Clearly I love this place and can't wait to go back again next June!!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Marco G, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear csritz,

A big thank you to you and your family for returning to Alila Villas Uluwatu again this year and it was great to catch up. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the entire team already.

We look forward to welcoming the three of you back again next year and once you start planning your stay, please let me know the dates.

Best regards from the entire team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,
Marco

Reviewed 10 October 2017

It's not just the panorama that overwhelms you, It's the high of experience that really sets it apart from the rest.

That meets with limestone cliffs sweeping down to the ocean along the southern coastline of Bali on the Bukit Peninsula

Room Tip: Stay over 2 days
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Marco G, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear SophieCheng429,

Thank you for writing about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and I am glad to hear you had a wonderful, relaxing stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future. In case I can help out making arrangements for your next stay, please be encouraged to contact me.

Best regards from Alila Villas Uluwatu,

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We had the best time at Alila Villas. This was a truly amazing experience. So peaceful and beautiful, with incredible food, scenery, service and architecture. We were able to do yoga every morning on a cliff overlooking the Indian Ocean followed by one of the best breakfast experiences you can imagine. The hotel is definitely on the peaceful/quiet side, so highly recommended for couples or anyone like us on honeymoon. Not sure if it would be fun for singles or families.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear David Z,

We are glad that your Alila Villas Uluwatu stay was a a truly amazing experience and that you had an incredible honeymoon.

We hope to welcome you both back sometime in the future and in case I can help out making arrangements for your return trip to Alila Villas Uluwatu, please be encouraged to contact me.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Am currently staying at alila villas. The resort is picturesque and the staff are all so happy and attentive. We are staying in a 1bed pool villa which is on the 3rd tier so is an easy 2min walk down to the restaraunts and spa. Although the resort has many people staying and a wedding or two going on its big enough you still feel like it's just you staying there. My wife and I had a 90min massage and it was pure bliss. We both have had a massage or two in our time and would definately rate alila in the top 3. Although it's a bit pricey compared to bali standard in all aspects it's worth it for the product and services received. Would love to come back soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Marco G, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear rhyantipene,

Glad to hear you are enjoying your stay at Alila Villas Uluwatu and that you rate us high for your honeymoon bliss. Rest assured that I will share your feedback with the rest of the team today.

Feel free to reach out to Janine, Maya or myself in case we can help out with anything and I hope to have the opportunity to say hello before your departure.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 October 2017

My (now) wife and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon. WOW. What a great place. The hotel is set a little off the beaten track on the southern coast of Bali and overlooks the ocean. Each of the villas is furnished to a very high standard with a plunge pool and feels very intimate - it's perfect for couples.

The staff were polite, courteous and helpful and I have to make special mention of the assistant GM who was just wonderful and settled us in on the first evening - not to mention Eddie who was responsible for us and our villa during the duration of our stay.

The hotel has three restaurants - one with an Indonesian focus, a semi-formal European / mixed food restaurant and a fine-dining restaurant. We ate at the fine dining restaurant on one of the nights - there are only 5 tables and 10 courses so it's very much a long, leisurely affair. The food was excellent and you could see there is potential for them to be awarded a Michelin star but the service needs work as we went with the wine pairing and the wines weren't served at the proper time / with the right dishes. Additionally, some of the dishes are meant to be a surprise and it's possible to see what other diners are having thereby not getting the full surprise - we thought screening off the tables to make it more intimate and hidden would be a simple solution.

The hotel has a beach that is beautiful and (usually) empty with little rock pools that we went down to a couple of times. A lovely treat was coming face to face with a roving band of monkeys which was a pleasant surprise.

There's also a free yoga class in the morning which we attended and the gym is great - we even tried a free circuits class that the hotel had organised with a muay thai trainer brought in especially.

We can't help but say nice things about the hotel - it was fantastic and we'd definitely go back.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Martin A,

Thank you for rating your stay at Alila Villas Uluwatu as "WOW" and rest assured that I have shared your feedback with Janine, Eddie as well as the rest of the team. I also appreciate your input on the service at Quila and I will review this further together with Marc and Chery.

We hope to welcome you back sometime in the future. Please be encouraged to contact me in case I can help you making arrangements for your stay,

With best regards from the entire team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,