1,315 results
All reviews sunset cabana bedroom villa private pool indian ocean the cliff cire restaurant villa host indonesian restaurant lip balm face mist water features outdoor shower personal butler butler service day bed main pool our honeymoon
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We had the best time at Alila Villas. This was a truly amazing experience. So peaceful and beautiful, with incredible food, scenery, service and architecture. We were able to do yoga every morning on a cliff overlooking the Indian Ocean followed by one of the best breakfast experiences you can imagine. The hotel is definitely on the peaceful/quiet side, so highly recommended for couples or anyone like us on honeymoon. Not sure if it would be fun for singles or families.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marco G, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear David Z,

We are glad that your Alila Villas Uluwatu stay was a a truly amazing experience and that you had an incredible honeymoon.

We hope to welcome you both back sometime in the future and in case I can help out making arrangements for your return trip to Alila Villas Uluwatu, please be encouraged to contact me.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Am currently staying at alila villas. The resort is picturesque and the staff are all so happy and attentive. We are staying in a 1bed pool villa which is on the 3rd tier so is an easy 2min walk down to the restaraunts and spa. Although the resort has many people staying and a wedding or two going on its big enough you still feel like it's just you staying there. My wife and I had a 90min massage and it was pure bliss. We both have had a massage or two in our time and would definately rate alila in the top 3. Although it's a bit pricey compared to bali standard in all aspects it's worth it for the product and services received. Would love to come back soon.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marco G, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear rhyantipene,

Glad to hear you are enjoying your stay at Alila Villas Uluwatu and that you rate us high for your honeymoon bliss. Rest assured that I will share your feedback with the rest of the team today.

Feel free to reach out to Janine, Maya or myself in case we can help out with anything and I hope to have the opportunity to say hello before your departure.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 October 2017

My (now) wife and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon. WOW. What a great place. The hotel is set a little off the beaten track on the southern coast of Bali and overlooks the ocean. Each of the villas is furnished to a very high standard with a plunge pool and feels very intimate - it's perfect for couples.

The staff were polite, courteous and helpful and I have to make special mention of the assistant GM who was just wonderful and settled us in on the first evening - not to mention Eddie who was responsible for us and our villa during the duration of our stay.

The hotel has three restaurants - one with an Indonesian focus, a semi-formal European / mixed food restaurant and a fine-dining restaurant. We ate at the fine dining restaurant on one of the nights - there are only 5 tables and 10 courses so it's very much a long, leisurely affair. The food was excellent and you could see there is potential for them to be awarded a Michelin star but the service needs work as we went with the wine pairing and the wines weren't served at the proper time / with the right dishes. Additionally, some of the dishes are meant to be a surprise and it's possible to see what other diners are having thereby not getting the full surprise - we thought screening off the tables to make it more intimate and hidden would be a simple solution.

The hotel has a beach that is beautiful and (usually) empty with little rock pools that we went down to a couple of times. A lovely treat was coming face to face with a roving band of monkeys which was a pleasant surprise.

There's also a free yoga class in the morning which we attended and the gym is great - we even tried a free circuits class that the hotel had organised with a muay thai trainer brought in especially.

We can't help but say nice things about the hotel - it was fantastic and we'd definitely go back.

Dear Martin A,

Thank you for rating your stay at Alila Villas Uluwatu as "WOW" and rest assured that I have shared your feedback with Janine, Eddie as well as the rest of the team. I also appreciate your input on the service at Quila and I will review this further together with Marc and Chery.

We hope to welcome you back sometime in the future. Please be encouraged to contact me in case I can help you making arrangements for your stay,

With best regards from the entire team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

You'll be blown away by the place because it's super good . Its a nice place for you to stay in bali where you want to enjoy the time for relax.

The pool facing to the ocean and its high on the edge of a cliff. Try sipping shangria or mojito while sun bath

Although you have to prepare to spend more in this luxurious villa

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Nicolaswilmy,

I am glad to read we were able to blow you away and thank you for writing about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience.

We hope to welcome you back sometime in the future and in case I can help out making arrangements for a return, please be encouraged to contact me.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2017

What a spectacular place to have your wedding. It's my wife's dream to have her wedding here after coming for lunch a few years ago and it didn't disappoint. Nanik and her team did a meticulous job in organising the wedding ceremony and reception dinner on the lawn. We're all impressed with their attention to every details. All of our guests stated that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Our photographer was guided where to have the best shots and access to the 3 bedroom villa. We're very pleased with our photo from light and love photography. We had our wedding cake through Butter Bali. Our 1br villa were beautiful and spacious. There's so many beautiful sitting spots to enjoy the villa. We wish we could bring the villa back home. The shower were amazing, it's a must try. The only thing I wish the villa were a bit more private and possibly has a better view. Breakfast and dinner were exceptional. After the wedding, we didn't leave the resort at all for 2 days. Why would you ? The staffs were exceptional and very helpful in taking that perfect photo for us. There's wedding almost everyday, so book yours today and your dream would come true like ours.

Room tip: ask for villa closer to the library so you don't have to use buggy everytime
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JamesNoah
Management response:Responded 4 October 2017

Dear JamesNoah,

Thank you for writing about your wedding and for rating our team as top notch professionals. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with Nanik and the rest of the team.

We hope that you will celebrate one of your future wedding anniversaries here at Alila Villas Uluwatu and in case I can help you making arrangements for a next visit, please be encouraged to contact me.

With best regards from the entire team of Alila Villas Uluwatu,