“Dream wedding. Top notch professional team”

Alila Villas Uluwatu
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Uluwatu
Reviewed 2 October 2017

What a spectacular place to have your wedding. It's my wife's dream to have her wedding here after coming for lunch a few years ago and it didn't disappoint. Nanik and her team did a meticulous job in organising the wedding ceremony and reception dinner on the lawn. We're all impressed with their attention to every details. All of our guests stated that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Our photographer was guided where to have the best shots and access to the 3 bedroom villa. We're very pleased with our photo from light and love photography. We had our wedding cake through Butter Bali. Our 1br villa were beautiful and spacious. There's so many beautiful sitting spots to enjoy the villa. We wish we could bring the villa back home. The shower were amazing, it's a must try. The only thing I wish the villa were a bit more private and possibly has a better view. Breakfast and dinner were exceptional. After the wedding, we didn't leave the resort at all for 2 days. Why would you ? The staffs were exceptional and very helpful in taking that perfect photo for us. There's wedding almost everyday, so book yours today and your dream would come true like ours.

Room Tip: ask for villa closer to the library so you don't have to use buggy everytime
1  Thank JamesNoah
Management response:Responded 4 October 2017

Dear JamesNoah,

Thank you for writing about your wedding and for rating our team as top notch professionals. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with Nanik and the rest of the team.

We hope that you will celebrate one of your future wedding anniversaries here at Alila Villas Uluwatu and in case I can help you making arrangements for a next visit, please be encouraged to contact me.

With best regards from the entire team of Alila Villas Uluwatu,

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Excellent hotel for honey moon. Cannot complain anything. Nice hotel, great view ocean and swimming pools, rooms, nature, and more. Excellent staff to treat you to feel so welcomed. My wife and I felt very special and had lots of memory.

Dear illasm,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed celebrating your honeymoon with us at Alila Villas Uluwatu and you now have even more reason to return to Bali in the future.

Feel free to let us know in case we can help you out arranging for a return visit and the team and I look forward to welcome you back and help you celebrating your marriage.

Best regards from the entire team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Couldn't fault the overall, small little things I noticed while there , which didn't play a part on the overall 5 stars give it. Everyone you met on the grounds always greets you.

Views: Amazing cliff views ( you can even walk 625 steps down the cliff, but find out the tide out to walk on the edge)

Environment: Very clean environment and surrounding areas, so much space, sense of freedom , beautiful use of design to create that never ending water pool effect!

Main pool: greta main pool, 50 m lap pool for doing laps( I did it)

Gym, small gym but well maintained and enough equipment : Spin bike, Elliptical bike, treadmill, weights.Yoga 730 am every morning for free to join in

Restaurants - Warung restaurant: Amazing food, and guest chefs. Food has been adjusted to suit all palates. Would recommend one evening there. I even scoffed a mee goreng there! YUM

CIRES Western restaurant: Breakfast there starts a bit late at 7 am, I got there 630am to be told that, but you have a menu of food to basically choose anything, and it changes ever so slightly every morning according to suppose I would assume!

Room 210 : Stayed in 1 room villas with pool. Nice big spacious room, lovely amenities , range of tanning, oils, after sun care, etc etc, nice his and her sides.
3 ways to shower- bathtub, shower and outdoor shower

Big private pool in the sun and a private cabana.

Beds super comfy, total black out for sleep, amazing! Thresh AC always felt great when we walked in ,

SMALL NICKS: Had a cigarette burn on private cabana main seat which I thought was a bit unsightly being a non smoker.

Electronic pad to order food and music control wasn't working, so couldn't order food after 3 trues and ended up calling though, easier to order via the phone.

Bit of a while to turn villa music off and find the sound bar connection.Managed to connect to phone early after that.

Dear Claire J,

Thank you for visiting us and for rating us a bloggers haven. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the services of our team. I noted your comment on the cigarette burn and the tablet in the villa, which we have looked into in the meantime.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near foreseeable future and please do let me know in case I can help you out with arranging anything Alila.

Best regards from Alila Villas Uluwatu,

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Enjoyed an evening celebrating a significant birthday at Alila and it was certainly a special event. Cocktails with a view of the ocean that went forever. The dining menu was extensive, creative and very authentic. My partner claimed they served the best Rendang he's had and that is saying something. The servings were generous and we struggled to finish everything. The cocktails and mixed drinks averaged around $16 AU and the mains $20 AU. Totally worth the visit. If you are dining as a couple book early and request the private dining space that overlooks the beautiful Indian Ocean.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Cathy0011,

Thank you for writing about your dining experience at Alila Villas Uluwatu and we are happy to learn you enjoyed it.

Please do come back for a next visit to Bali and stay to get the entire Alila Villas Uluwatu experience. I will be happy to help you planning, so feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2017

We have been at the Villas for a wedding and prior to it we already stayed at the Alila about 6 years ago.
I have to say the location is absolutely stunning and so are the villas. Really a perfect place for a romantic couple gateway.
The staff is absolutely kind and polite however i have to say that the service is sometime unnecessary slow.
My only BIG issue with the stay has to do with an inconvenience that really should have not happened especially in this such an expensive and high end hotel! As I mentioned I was there for a wedding which was scheduled to start at 4pm. At 2.40pm I was in the bathroom to shower myself when I have realized there was no water in the indoor shower. I have decided to try the outdoor sower (which is really cool btw) to find out that there was no water even there. I went at the bathtub and guess what? no water!! I was really panicking - It was almost 3 pm and I had not taken the shower yet and as you can imagine you kind of need to be on time at a wedding!! I have called the reception and explained my emblem- they said they would have sent someone. After 5 mins no one showed up so I called again and said that I needed to shower in another villa or somewhere else or I would not have been able to attend the wedding on time. At this point someone came to pick me up and I ran out of my villa literally with only my bathrobe to rush into another villa where i showered and I then asked to be taken back to my villa. It was already 3.30 by the time i was back in my villa. I had less that 20 mins to blow my hair, get dressed and put some make up on. I can tell you not the best relaxing experience for someone who is on holiday!! The worst thing tis that at 3.35 pm I received a call from the reception telling me that the water was ALREADY back! imagine if I did not manage to shower in another villa!!
Again, apart from this experience (which has never been mentioned by the staff to apologize ect) I had a great stay and enjoyed the stunning sea view and location.

Dear camsg2017,

Thank you for staying with us for the weekend and we are happy you enjoyed the wedding festivities.

Sincere apologies once again for the breakdown of one of our pumps at the time you were busy preparing for the ceremony, which caused the issue with the water at your villa. Offering a different villa was the best option we had while our engineering team was replacing the pump.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Alila Villas Uluwatu sometime in the near future and I am confident that we will be able to offer you a perfect stay with faster service next.

Best regards from the entire team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,
Marco Groten

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uluwatu
5.3 km away
1.8 km away
Bulgari Resort Bali
Bulgari Resort Bali
#2 of 10 in Uluwatu

Been to Alila Villas Uluwatu? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK