1,280 results
All reviews sunset cabana bedroom villa indian ocean private pool the cliff villa host indonesian restaurant lip balm face mist outdoor shower crackers water features personal butler butler service main pool level of service our honeymoon
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Insanely gorgeous cliff top pool and balcony. The modern architecture is spectacular. The villas are very spacious and private. The staff service levels are first rate. Two drawbacks are lack of a beach and too many picture takers at the pool making it less serene while trying to relax in peace. It is also very expensive in comparison to other Bali hotels.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear David L,

Thank you for writing about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and I am glad to read you rated the service of our team at first rate. I noted your comment on the amount of in-house guests who are making pictures at the pool as well as our lack of a beach.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the near future in order to get another Alila experience and in case I can help you out making arrangements, please be encouraged to contact me.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We (couple + adult child) spent a week in Alila Villas. We had a 3 bedroom villa for the three of us. The architecture and the location was outstanding at first sight, the 20 meter pool a special treat. Service all around was impeccable and extremely forthcoming. The villas however show on second sight some wear and tear and are in need of some refurbishment, as are the showers and washrooms. The Spa is first class with excellent therapists. Amongst the restaurants the Indonesian clearly deserved the reputation as one of the best in the area, the fine dining restaurant tries hard, however lacks inspiration. Breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of choices and different daily options. We had a great time but unless there is some refurbishment very soon, too pricey.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear 791JPW,

Thank you for writing about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience and we are happy to hear you had a great time while staying with us. I also noted your comments on some of the wear and tear in the three bedroom villas and I am pleased to inform you that we have started the works in one of the villas already and the remaining 8 villas will follow after this in the same way we did a make over for most of our one bedroom villas already.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again at Alila Villas Uluwatu to show you the improvements. Please be encouraged to contact me directly to make arrangements for your next stay.

Best regards from the entire team,

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Alila Villas Uluwatu is by far the best property I have ever stayed in. Our stay did was not off to a great start when Alila overlooked our transfer booking and was a no-show. I was pissed to say the least, but upon walking into Alila all my negative feelings faded away. The service recovery by the duty manager was excellent (can't remember her name) and during the course of our 2 night stay, the service from each and every staff we encountered was impeccable. I loved the high level of detail in the hotel. When we got a sunlounger by the pool, a basket is brought to us, containing water, sunscreen, insect repellant, body lotion and face mist. During turndown service, bathroom slippers and lipbalm are placed next to the bed. We stayed in a beautiful 1 bedroom villa. I read many reviews that the villas are showing wear and tear, but we did not have any problem with ours - we stayed in villa 312. Buggys are provided to transport us to the restaurant / pool area but we preferred to walk as the weather was beautiful. There are 2 restaurants at Alila- Cire which serves international style cuisine, where breakfast is served, and The Warung which serves Indonesian food. We had lunch at Cire and found the octopus very disappointing. The Warung served delicious Indonesian food and we ate there thrice.
While there was not much of an ocean view from the one bedroom villas, the views from the infinity pool and sunset cabana were phenomenal.
The sunloungers by the pool are huge and super comfortable but the umbrellas are rather small so there isn't much shade provided by them. Only 2 pairs of the sunloungers have an unobstructed view of the pool and ocean. It would be nice to have more sunloungers.
One thing I not like about the villa is the floor - it is extremely smooth and slippery when dry, and especially treacherous when you're getting in from the pool and shower. I almost slipped and fell a number of times. Also, we found 2 loose tiles in the infinity pool and there are many spots missing the mosaic tiles inside the pool, so do walk with caution!
Overall it was a lovely stay with fantastic service and we would love to return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Xquisiterequisite,

Thank you for writing about your stay at Alila Villas Uluwatu and I am glad to hear that after the initial hick up things were very different and that you felt your stay with us was amazing and unforgettable. Most of our 1 Bedroom villas have now had a makeover and we will finish the last villas in the next months. I noted your comments on the floor, the tiles in the pool as well as the octopus dish at Cire and we will look into matters.

Please be encouraged to come and visit us again and in case I can help out making arrangements for your return visit, please be encouraged to contact me directly.

Best regards from Alila Villas Uluwatu,

Reviewed 16 September 2017

The best. Just everything, from service (it tops it all) to location and food and villas. Special mentions to Sri and Warta, while also acknowledging all on premises, from drivers to gardeners. Thanks for everything. Definetly on the list if Bali is again on the schedule. Otherwise, I want to visit Alila somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 17 September 2017

Dear g_roy_mtl,

Glad to hear you rate us as the best and thank you for sharing about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience with the Trip Advisor community. Rest assured that I will share your feedback with Sri and Warta as well as the rest of the team.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Alila Villas Uluwatu and in case we can help out making arrangements for your return visit, please be encouraged to contact us directly.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We stay here for 2 nights. And there is a Taiwanese staff - Ivy. We are very happy to meet her. But the villa is a little old about the interior. And the butler service be needed reinforcement.

P.S All restaurants are very good.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 17 September 2017

Dear Mr Wu,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at Alila Villas Uluwatu and rest assured that we passed on your comments to Ivy already. I have also noted your input on the villa maintenance and we are looking into matters in the particular villa you stayed. We have done a make-over over the past two years which should be finished before the end of the year.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back sometime in the near future and please feel free to contact me in case I can help out making arrangements for your return visit.

Best regards on behalf of the entire team at Alila Villas Uluwatu,