Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Tripadvisor$407
Hotels.com
Booking.com$407
Priceline$407
Hilton$409
Travelocity$409
2,016 results
All reviews outdoor shower forest view western ghats spread over acres pool villa approach road huge property excellent property amidst nature close to nature city life f b cake special mention front office in house amazing place
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 June 2022 via mobile

Prateek took us to forest walk on the first day , it was quite enthralling as she shared about the details of Flora and Fauna of the western ghats ...Stones in the forest a d peculiar behaviors about the animals in the forest!!

Second day again with to lake view walk, again an experience to remember ..My 70 year old dad could make it because Prateek !! Beautiful pawna lake we could see from up hill.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AsthaS22
Reviewed 20 June 2022

How is this being run as a Hilton property! I really fail to understand how are they even into hospitality industry. There are so many issues which we faced right from negotiating a corporate deal with them to staying at the hotel

We found a mouse in the room nibbling on cake & a spider on the bed. Mouse picture attached for reference.

Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank AjuSid
Srikant Peri, Other at Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2022

Please accept my sincere regret for the inconvenience faced by you and our inability to match up to your expectations.

I thank you for sparing time to personally speak with me at the time of your departure. Your feedback is important and facilitates our pursuit of continuous improvement. We have already taken note of the verbal feedback given by you along with the appreciation for our operations team that was in attendance at your event.

Our Retreat is located in the Western Ghats, notified by UNESCO as one of the eight hot spots for bio-diversity in the world. Set in pristine 325 acres of nature, we are home to over 325 globally threatened flora, fauna, birds, amphibians, reptiles and mammals.

We thus advise our team members servicing the villas as well as our guests to secure the villa doors and windows so that the pests are kept out. After shifting you to an alternative villa we had checked the villa thoroughly for any alternative ingress spaces, but none were found. It does seem that the villa sliding doors must have been inadvertently left open for a brief moment by the team servicing the room prior to your arrival or accidentally by you sometime during the stay. I once again, regret the inconvenience and trust that you treat this lapse as an aberration.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 June 2022

Stayed at Hilton Shilim for two nights in the Forest Villa, and overall had a very enjoyable stay. The room was really lovely, and we especially loved the large balcony overlooking the forest and mountains. It was really peaceful there, and we definitely slept very well! The overall setting of the resort is charming, peaceful, and a great setting to relax.

The food was overall good. We enjoyed the room so much we mostly ordered room service and felt like there was a good variety of options. We especially enjoyed the New Zealand lamb chops. We had one lunch at the Mountaintop Bar and Grill and that was probably our favorite meal at Shilim- really yummy salad, pizza, and ice cream- so definitely recommend that!

In terms of room for improvement, I think there are issues around check-in staff, lack of concierge service, and the breakfast service that needs to be worked out, especially for a hotel of this price range!

- First, I had booked through the Hilton website as a Hilton Honors member. After booking an offer came for a "Standby Upgrade" to upgrade to a higher level room if available, and I signed up for it. When we arrived I showed this to the check-in staff and they were completely puzzled by what it was. Of course, that meant there was no upgrade! I think the resort needs to do a better job of training staff on what the booking process is like, especially if you are a Hilton Honors member!

-Second, after booking the front desk emailed us a spa menu. I looked it over and emailed the front desk asking to book a massage. They responded that I needed to call a landline number direct to the spa. I found this quite surprising, especially for such a luxury hotel- I expected that there would be a central concierge service that could manage all kinds of reservations for the resort. I don't think guests should be asked to call a landline number when the front desk is contactable via email. Seemed like a very inefficient system. I didn't end up booking a massage...

-Third, the breakfast service on the weekend was frankly a mess, and there is a lot of room for improvement here. On Sunday morning, we called for the Nanos that drive you around the resort. We expected to wait 15 minutes, but the car arrived in 3 minutes. We then arrived at the restaurant and were told that we had to wait 15-20 minutes! Clearly, this could be better coordinated to make sure that people are not being brought for breakfast when the restaurant is full. The restaurant was totally packed, and we were seated in a sort of auxiliary area with an incomplete breakfast spread. The 'live' counter items like dosa and paratha took a while, with a cafe latte taking the longest of all! I think to address these issues the hotel could do a lot of things- offer in-room dining breakfast, extend breakfast timings to 12 PM on weekends, and also maybe have a live view of how crowded breakfast (like Google Maps) is so guests can self-select when they want to go. It's a fancy hotel- so as a guest I expect that the hotel would try to make the experience as pleasant as possible. I could tell other guests were also really frustrated with the breakfast situation, so Shilim Hilton definitely needs to work this one out!

Overall, I would stay at Shilim Hilton again, though hopefully, they are able to work out some of these growing points before my next stay!

Room tip: We stayed in room 525; lovely view of the mountains
Reviewed 21 May 2022

It was really good experience with Hilton,i really enjoyed my stay,good spread in the morning breakfast,we really like the newly opened green table restaurant, special thanks to chef Narayan and gajanan , chef Narayan prepared the dishes as per my choice it was really awesome,I never had such experience in my life ,once again thanks to whole team, will coming soon .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Guptabhavna1
Reviewed 3 May 2022 via mobile

Pre-Check in: I got calls and emails from all departments a week in advance of my stay confirming my needs and bookings for Spa therapies.
I requested a flower bouquet which Mahender over-delivered by giving us 2 bouquets and multiple small pots. Thanks Mahender, this made us very happy. Swati from Reservations was again very patient with my long list of questions. My sincere gratitude to her.

At checkin, we entered from the guest house and it was a whole different world altogether.The property though mostly in wilderness but is maintained to the bare minimum (considering the size).

Villa: A nice 205 sq m area with separate living area and bedroom. No TV in bedroom (for better or worse). Pool was temperature controllled, so good in any season. Wash basin was a little away from the lavatory which was a slight inconvenience for us Indians. The pool gets dirty all day dur to eild trees arpund but you can call MAGIC and they eill clean it as many times you like.

Cars: It took 10 mins on avg whenever we asked for cars to pick up. We mostly decided to walk, especially to Spa which was very near to our villa. There was eye relaxing greenery (wilderness) all around even during peak summer.

Food: The Chefs catered to our every request without fail. Vinay (Vinu) helped us coordinate with the chefs. Chef Narayan even gave me his cell number and I could pre-order our meals as we like it. Rohini was a constant support throughout our stay and helped us get get what we want being all the while professional and yet giving us inside tips. :)
The one time we did not pre-order and just ordered from the menu the food was so bad that our stomachs are still recuperating. Their non-masala plain food is much more tastier than masaledaar food.
Food tip: Don't order from the menu. Think of what you'd like to have and try requesting the Chef/Waiters to prepare it for you in advance. You'll be surprised how far they are willing to go for you.

Pottery: We went for pottery class and glad we did. It was a highlight. Tejaswini ma'am made it simple easy for us while we enjoyed the feeling doing something creative. They will even send the finished item to our home by courier in a month or so. That'll be fantastic!

The last but the most important: Spa: We took a 3 night wellness package which included 60 min therapies, one on each day of stay. Dr Milind booked our slots in advance and all the 3 therapies were rejuvenating. I especially liked the Ayurvedic Abhyangam therapy.

Tariffs: Needless to say, the tariffs are definitely on the higher side. In fact, their Dharama Welnness package tariffs are comparable to Executive Suites at Taj Exotica, Goa or Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur. However, despite doung everything they can, the "Luxury quotient" seems a bit lacking compared to Taj.
I may come back here, but only because there is no Taj or anything rlse luxurious in the vicinity. If they get some competition, then their brand value and pricing power will crash. Till then, they are making hay!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PranavAgarwl