2 people are viewing this hotel
$351
$337
Free cancellation until 07/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
$351
Priceline$337
Hilton$337
Travelocity$351
2,023 results
All reviews outdoor shower forest walk western ghats spread over acres pool villa approach road valley view huge property excellent property amidst nature close to nature city life f b cake special mention front office in house
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2022

Stayed at Hilton Shilim for two nights in the Forest Villa, and overall had a very enjoyable stay. The room was really lovely, and we especially loved the large balcony overlooking the forest and mountains. It was really peaceful there, and we definitely slept very well! The overall setting of the resort is charming, peaceful, and a great setting to relax.

The food was overall good. We enjoyed the room so much we mostly ordered room service and felt like there was a good variety of options. We especially enjoyed the New Zealand lamb chops. We had one lunch at the Mountaintop Bar and Grill and that was probably our favorite meal at Shilim- really yummy salad, pizza, and ice cream- so definitely recommend that!

In terms of room for improvement, I think there are issues around check-in staff, lack of concierge service, and the breakfast service that needs to be worked out, especially for a hotel of this price range!

- First, I had booked through the Hilton website as a Hilton Honors member. After booking an offer came for a "Standby Upgrade" to upgrade to a higher level room if available, and I signed up for it. When we arrived I showed this to the check-in staff and they were completely puzzled by what it was. Of course, that meant there was no upgrade! I think the resort needs to do a better job of training staff on what the booking process is like, especially if you are a Hilton Honors member!

-Second, after booking the front desk emailed us a spa menu. I looked it over and emailed the front desk asking to book a massage. They responded that I needed to call a landline number direct to the spa. I found this quite surprising, especially for such a luxury hotel- I expected that there would be a central concierge service that could manage all kinds of reservations for the resort. I don't think guests should be asked to call a landline number when the front desk is contactable via email. Seemed like a very inefficient system. I didn't end up booking a massage...

-Third, the breakfast service on the weekend was frankly a mess, and there is a lot of room for improvement here. On Sunday morning, we called for the Nanos that drive you around the resort. We expected to wait 15 minutes, but the car arrived in 3 minutes. We then arrived at the restaurant and were told that we had to wait 15-20 minutes! Clearly, this could be better coordinated to make sure that people are not being brought for breakfast when the restaurant is full. The restaurant was totally packed, and we were seated in a sort of auxiliary area with an incomplete breakfast spread. The 'live' counter items like dosa and paratha took a while, with a cafe latte taking the longest of all! I think to address these issues the hotel could do a lot of things- offer in-room dining breakfast, extend breakfast timings to 12 PM on weekends, and also maybe have a live view of how crowded breakfast (like Google Maps) is so guests can self-select when they want to go. It's a fancy hotel- so as a guest I expect that the hotel would try to make the experience as pleasant as possible. I could tell other guests were also really frustrated with the breakfast situation, so Shilim Hilton definitely needs to work this one out!

Overall, I would stay at Shilim Hilton again, though hopefully, they are able to work out some of these growing points before my next stay!

Room tip: We stayed in room 525; lovely view of the mountains
Reviewed 21 May 2022

It was really good experience with Hilton,i really enjoyed my stay,good spread in the morning breakfast,we really like the newly opened green table restaurant, special thanks to chef Narayan and gajanan , chef Narayan prepared the dishes as per my choice it was really awesome,I never had such experience in my life ,once again thanks to whole team, will coming soon .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Guptabhavna1
Reviewed 3 May 2022 via mobile

Pre-Check in: I got calls and emails from all departments a week in advance of my stay confirming my needs and bookings for Spa therapies.
I requested a flower bouquet which Mahender over-delivered by giving us 2 bouquets and multiple small pots. Thanks Mahender, this made us very happy. Swati from Reservations was again very patient with my long list of questions. My sincere gratitude to her.

At checkin, we entered from the guest house and it was a whole different world altogether.The property though mostly in wilderness but is maintained to the bare minimum (considering the size).

Villa: A nice 205 sq m area with separate living area and bedroom. No TV in bedroom (for better or worse). Pool was temperature controllled, so good in any season. Wash basin was a little away from the lavatory which was a slight inconvenience for us Indians. The pool gets dirty all day dur to eild trees arpund but you can call MAGIC and they eill clean it as many times you like.

Cars: It took 10 mins on avg whenever we asked for cars to pick up. We mostly decided to walk, especially to Spa which was very near to our villa. There was eye relaxing greenery (wilderness) all around even during peak summer.

Food: The Chefs catered to our every request without fail. Vinay (Vinu) helped us coordinate with the chefs. Chef Narayan even gave me his cell number and I could pre-order our meals as we like it. Rohini was a constant support throughout our stay and helped us get get what we want being all the while professional and yet giving us inside tips. :)
The one time we did not pre-order and just ordered from the menu the food was so bad that our stomachs are still recuperating. Their non-masala plain food is much more tastier than masaledaar food.
Food tip: Don't order from the menu. Think of what you'd like to have and try requesting the Chef/Waiters to prepare it for you in advance. You'll be surprised how far they are willing to go for you.

Pottery: We went for pottery class and glad we did. It was a highlight. Tejaswini ma'am made it simple easy for us while we enjoyed the feeling doing something creative. They will even send the finished item to our home by courier in a month or so. That'll be fantastic!

The last but the most important: Spa: We took a 3 night wellness package which included 60 min therapies, one on each day of stay. Dr Milind booked our slots in advance and all the 3 therapies were rejuvenating. I especially liked the Ayurvedic Abhyangam therapy.

Tariffs: Needless to say, the tariffs are definitely on the higher side. In fact, their Dharama Welnness package tariffs are comparable to Executive Suites at Taj Exotica, Goa or Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur. However, despite doung everything they can, the "Luxury quotient" seems a bit lacking compared to Taj.
I may come back here, but only because there is no Taj or anything rlse luxurious in the vicinity. If they get some competition, then their brand value and pricing power will crash. Till then, they are making hay!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PranavAgarwl
Reviewed 17 April 2022 via mobile

There are very few five stars right near Mumbai that provide an outdoor and spa experience. Hilton Shillim is one of them. Spread over 3500 acres and a built up area of 30 acres and 99 villas, it is located at a perfect distance from Mumbai, and sadly is also the reason why it is so overpriced. The food is the sore point. They need to hire a real chef and also hire more waiters to provide a better experience. The interiors are tastefully done without seeming too ostentatious or loud. There are a lot of treks organized by the hotel which was truly a great experience for me and my kids. The pool is also great. The villas are comfortable and nice. They need to get rid of the Nanos and bring in electric vehicles for internal transport to make it a little more environmental friendly. My kids also loved the organic farm, feeding the horse, cycling and pottery sessions with a qualified artist.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 766arvindk
Reviewed 13 April 2022 via mobile

Terrible experience! The highlight of our trip was the vada pav and chai at Lonavla during our return to Mumbai. There is absolutely nothing to redeem this Hilton property - the service (except for a few staff members) is apathetic, the grounds are not well-maintained, the room appears unclean, the food is extremely average (their breakfast has zero good options!) and there aren’t many activities within the property (the few that they have are expensive!). The spa costs a bomb (on top of the expensive hotel rooms). The property is large so great for people who love to walk. Besides this, there is nothing else of note.

Room tip: Do ensure you have your own transport (no Uber/ Ola around).
Date of stay: August 2021