Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$351
Hotels.com$351
Hilton$337
Travelocity$351
Priceline$337
Trip.com$338
2,023 results
All reviews outdoor shower forest walk western ghats spread over acres pool villa approach road valley view huge property excellent property amidst nature close to nature city life f b cake special mention front office in house
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I had booked a villa here for our 10th wedding anniversary and stayed there for two nights.

It is a nice property located in the middle of beautiful lush green hills an hour away from Lonavala. Amazing views all around. The villa itself was very comfortable.

The restaurant serves good food, but is not equipped to handle the weekend rush. So, if you are expecting a nice relaxed breakfast- look elsewhere.

But what was really a letdown was the service. I had specifically mentioned that it was for this special occasion and I requested the room to be decorated appropriately. Not only that the message wasn’t taken, it wasn’t even done even after I requested for it at check-in!
And this after one of the staff told me it would be taken care of (in front of my wife for whom this was supposed to be a surprise).

And when I mentioned this to the staff at checkout, they had nothing much to say other than shrugging their shoulders. Definitely not the kind of service/response expected from Hilton. Wish I had chosen a different venue.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sags79
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned from Hilton Shilim. We reached there on Tuesday and were shown to a villa. No problems whatsoever. My wife is handicapped and wears a prosthetic leg and the villa that we had had too many stairs. We requested that we be moved to another villa with fewer stairs. Now, the Hilton has three handicap friendly villas but two were occupied and the third one had twin beds. We did not want twin beds. So, after the first night, they upgraded up to a better villa at NO extra charge. A huge shout out to Prema for this and to Apoorva for making things so comfortable for us.

To top things up, we’d forgotten our toiletries pouch at home. They, very graciously, provided more than enough of everything. I drink tea by the liter when on vacation and housekeeping got me enough tea bags and sugar and milk to keep me happy.

Since it is the middle of the week, the resort want very crowded and we got treated like royalty. Chef Bishan Sharma met us, asked us how we liked the food, and discussed the next days dinner with me and made the Rajasthani dish- Laal maas- and nachni flour rotis for us.
Chef Kamal explained the philosophy behind the food at Hilton Shilim to us...how almost everything is grown at the estate, how no white flour or sugar is used and so many other things. Vinod at the Mountain Top Bar regaled is with entertaining stories and superb drinks. Sanooj- ever smiling and cheerful- took us on a tour of the estate. Cecilia is an amazing massage therapist. Pooja at Garden Top/Table restaurant and Chef Sujit there again explained the fundamentals behind the Ayurvedic food preparation.
I am sure I’ve forgotten a few names and I am sorry. Thank you once again, Hilton Shilim for such an amazing experience.

Cheers, Team Hilton Shilim.

1  Thank manav10572
AbhijitGhosh_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Namaskar!

Thank you for visiting us at Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat and Spa and for taking the time to describe your experience. It gives us great pleasure to know that our team was able to look after you well and that our facilities and services met with your expectations.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We had gone to celebrate my wife’s birthday and my wife had great expectations from the property.The property lived up to the expectation.However they could have been better service in form of a bigger Where righty in buffet and their service could have been faster.

The massage services were good but expensive.If one wants to enjoy the nature and wants complete silence then this is an ideal place. The view from the Temperature control pool is breath taking.One can hear sound of birds chirping.

It is definitely worth an experience.

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank kunalchheda

Namaskar!

Your feedback is valuable to us and we have noted your concern with regards to the service at our F&B outlet.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Situated in the sahyadri mountain range lies the retreat that calms one down instantly. The lush green mountains are alluring.During monsoons you’ll see waterfalls gushing down the rocks.The property is very well maintained.
The hospitality offered by the team is a cut above the rest. The general attitude of the staff is warm, they seem to be driven by a passion and seem to be enjoying whatever they’re doing. They are very well oriented to the property and are happy to answer all questions asked .
The servers not only help you to order according to your taste but also brief you about the ingredients used to make the food.The food is nutritious and yet delicious. They welcome you with a healthy drink and treat. At sundown they do up the room and also leave a healthy treat and a basket of fruits to munch on.At the end of the day it’s the small things that matter.
They have a lot of activities to do like pottery,trails,meditation,yoga etc
Things you can’t miss-
•The rejuvenating spa treatment
•The pizza and homemade pasta at the mountain bar bistro.
•Have a drink at the valley bar ,the view is breathtaking.
•Ask someone to take you to the plantation and show you around it’s really interesting.
•Don’t forget to try the blooming tea at the tea house.
•Take the yoga class it helps to relieve stress .
•Take a dip in the infinity pool it’ll make you feel connected to nature.
•If you’re feeling adventurous go for a trek (there are multiple options, catering to each ones needs) .
•Don’t forget to star gaze later in the night,the lack of light pollution helps you view a million stars.
Overall the experience was awesome.It not only helps you relax but also keeps you going. I think everyone should visit it at least once.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank GlobeTrotting814383

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We had 2 memorable events this time at Hilton. The forest walk was made super special by our guide Pratik and I learnt a new thing - walking in a stream!!! Pottery instructor taught us with an unbelievable patience and the best part was that we ended up making 2 mugs with her help and guidance.

1  Thank somdeb b
AbhijitGhosh_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018