“Poor value for money”
Review of Carnaby’s

Carnaby’s
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Lunch with a friend. Had Brie sandwich which consisted of one slice of bread, Brie and bacon. Plonked on top was very oily rocket salad. Very greasy and just about edible. This halfwich (I’d expect a sandwich two have two slices) cost almost 7 quid. My friend had the posh fish finger butty which she said was very average.
As a local, I know there are much better places to eat for less money. One for tourists with deep pockets methinks.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

The food here is creative and delicious! Very spacious with nice outside area. There is an over-priced shop at the front of the cafe. Very surprised and disappointed they aren't dog friendly given the location.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Today was our first visit to Carnaby’s.
I chose a salmon frittata with a curried aubergine and cauliflower salad to accompany it. I had a pot of Taylor de cafe tea produced about 2 miles from our home in the Harrogate area, to finish my husband and I shared the most wonderful carrot cake. As we visit this area often at weekends, we will be back. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch, on our way to Edinburgh, middle of March. The food was well prepared, unique taste to each dish and fresh. Halloumi cheese and broccoli salad were delicious. Crispy chicken and pesto was just what the kids wanted. Loved the clean barn feel and Swedish minimal atmosphere. Fire was warm and service was warmer;-)

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for a coffee and a bun on the way to Edinburgh. Well designed new building just 100 yards off the A1, with ample parking, spacious dining area and clean toilets.
The soup of the day was Thai sweet potato with a choice of breads, but I was tempted to replace the bread with a pork and apple sausage roll as thick as my wrist.
Coffee was first class