2,991 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantsmaller resortcosta ricanightly entertainmentonion ringsall inclusive resortcab ridechicken wingshowler monkeyspool barlangosta beachin townlow tiderecommend this resortresort staffdance lessonszip lining
Reviewed 17 July 2017

The best part about this hotel is the staff. They are friendly and super accommodating. I wouldn't recommend this place if you're a foodie (the food is not one of its fortés - I would recommend the buffet food be covered and not left out in the open as there were flies all over and it was really hot!) We bypassed the buffet-type food altogether and opted for the a-la-carte Oceano restaurant which was awesome!!! If you're lucky to meet Alberto (Capitan -a maitre d' of sorts- at the buffet, he is wonderful as his his staff -especially Adina and Tatiana). The beach area with chairs covered by a canopy of trees was my favorite. For me, this place is great for families with small kids. This was a good choice as a start-off point of our first Costa Rican adventure. If I ever came back, it's to visit the staff. Next time, I'll choose a smaller, more intimate hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank roxana869
Alvaro_Fontenla, Director General at Occidental Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear roxana869:

I really appreciate this comment, it encourages us to keep working on this line to offer the best experience possible in Costa Rica.

Please contact us for anything you need, we'll be awaiting for your next visit.

Thank you very much for your time.

Greetings from sunny Tamarindo.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Not worth the money, food is really poor, entertainment is really bad. For the money you should find something else with better food, the hotel caters more to locals than to tourists... No nurse aid and wi-fi is $5 per day.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
Alvaro_Fontenla, Director General at Occidental Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear mq17cr:

I appreciate you have posted a comment about your days in Tamarindo.

However I must ask for apologies in behalf all my crew and myself. It's painfully obvious we didnt make it right with you and that makes us feel terrible, since clients happiness is everything for us.

Please use my contact for whatever you may need, it would be an honour to welcome you again in better circumstances.

Have a nice week!

Occidental Tamarindo

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We stayed two nights from Sunday to Tuesday in the West Tamarindo, apart from new painting they are still the same facilities and options when it was Barcelo Langosta. It is a relatively small hotel, with the facilities of the all inclusive service in the three times of food, snacks and drinks. The food is nothing special and in our case after two days the taste and variety became repetitive, could not stay more than 4 days eating the same. In the area of the salad bar at the restaurant you will feel an unpleasant smell that could take away your appetite. In general facilities are in good condition, the rooms are comfortable with some minor maintenance missing details, the pool is not very large, gym is useful, they offered an adequate variety of cocktails, the staff were always friendly and helpful. The best thing about the hotel is the beach to which you have access. It is a quiet, no-frills hotel located in a beautiful location.

Room Tip: Rooms 4000 are kind of noisy. Rooms 2000 or 3000 could be a better location.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Alvaro_Fontenla, Director General at Occidental Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Luis5062015:

Thank you very much for using part of your valued time to post this interesant and detailed comment about your vacations in Occidental Tamarindo.

It's, without a single doubt, the best way to keep improving everyday and thereby offer the best experience All In Costa Rica.

Please, accept our excuses for not achieving the excellence demanded by all our clients; I would like to welcome you again and provide you with some dream days as only Barceló Hotels can pull of.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Without wifi life is NOT pura vida ! Explain please why you are not able to fix this ? No $ to fix up or don't have the competency ?

I would avoid this place because in today's world we all need wifi to stay connected to family, friends and the world in general.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Alvaro_Fontenla, Director General at Occidental Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear Haven007:

I appreciate you have posted a comment about your days in Tamarindo.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards!

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Had a very good experience at the Occidental a few days ago. Staff was helpful, rooms were very clean, great location, and the restaurant provided excellent meals. My students enjoyed learning to surf right out in front of the hotel. Great experience!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Alvaro_Fontenla, Director General at Occidental Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Dear walkero2016:

Please contact us for anything you need, we'll be awaiting for your next visit.

Thank you very much for your time.

Greetings from sunny Tamarindo.