1,093 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Reading other reviews helped me arrive in San Andres with the right perspective. If one were coming expecting the type of high end beach resorts I have experienced in Mexico, it would have been a disappointment. But going here after living in Medellin almost two years, I had determined it would be similar to a simpler, finca-style kind of place. And indeed it was. But with a 4-night stay, all-inclusive package including alcoholic beverages- and jet fare from Medellin for about $550 (US), I was very happy. Nothing spectacular about the food, but all very tasty and satisfying. Two nice swimming pools and shuttle bus to private beach. Air conditioning in rooms. Went with three other women, led by a dual citizen Colombian/US friend who helped us get to know other vacationers from all over South America and generated good service from the staff. A few negatives: lots of steps to get to and from pools and dining areas. The Island itself is in great need of improvement. Locals complain that tourism taxes gathered before boarding the plane to go to San Andres, do not seem to reach them.

Room Tip: Close to either one of the two pools/dining rooms. Best pool only served lunch while we were there.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Janet O
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Well I saw a lot of negative reviews so I was not sure to book but I'm glad that I did. The food was ok, and plenty. The show at night was not to be missed and the cocktails were good and the service was all with a smile, honestly. The only minus is that there are a lot of staires but there is a bus service ... tumbs up from me! The rooms of some part of the hotel are being renovated but airco was new and also the bathroom everything was crips and shiny.Of course this is not a 4 start hotel and you cannot expect more for the buck in San Andres.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PeterHenderickx
Reviewed 26 May 2017

This Hotel is one of the biggest hotels in San Andres, is very well located the rooms are really clean, the food is amazing they offer a huge buffet with different king of choices at the time of eating.
The service is perfect the employees are really professional and they really take care of the guest since the time of the arrival.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2017

I wanted to spend 11 days on this island, after the first day I was sure to shorten up this vacation. In the end I staid 5 nights in "Sol Caribe Campo" and one night in "Cocoplum".

Sol Caribe Campo is an All inklusive Hotel and reminded me to former days before the year 2000 where I did some All Inklusive holidays as well. When you arrive to the Hotel the staff at the reception (which is never ever smiling and actually not very friendly) gives you a orange plastic wristband, which you have to wear during your whole stay.
The Hotel Area is extremely big, with many many houses and many rooms.
When we arrived to our first room, I couldn't believe my eyes. The floor was wet, there was not water running out of the shower and the smell in there was really weird, not speaking of all the hair on the floor and the bed.
We managed to get another room that night, the room itself was a tiny little bit better but there where so many different kinds of hair in the bathroom (long, short, brown, black, blonde), you couldn't open the bathroom door to the fullest, and it was super small.
In our bed where as well many many and many different kind of hair, which couldn't have been from the cleaning lady herself (not only).

The next day we managed to change the room again, but we could never get rid of all the hair. We called the reception and told them about that problem, we even talked to the cleaning lady and asked her why?, but they don't seem to take that issue serious.

In general, I got the feeling that in this hotel its all about mass and not about quality. The cleaning stuff doesn't take their job seriously and really doesn't know how to clean a toilet, a shower, a bed or a floor.

If you go to that hotel, be sure you can cope with all that stuff.

Every day from 21:00 - 23:00 there is super loud Music, cause a DJ is playing (EDM, HOUSE, HIP HOP etc) and that extremely loud, so you can't even hear your own TV in your room.

In the morning the super loud Pool Animation Program starts, where a Lady is shouting in a Micro. But from 23:00 - 07:00 you will be able to sleep.

The Food:
If you think you go to the Caribbean to have some healthy Food and nice fruits, you are wrong. All they offer is Fast Food, Fried Food and some rice. Very simple Buffet with a view fruits, but the presentation of the food is poor.
I lost more than 3 kilos in that 5 days in that hotel, so it was actually good for me that the food was so disgusting there.

I could keep on writing and writing about my worst hotel experience ever, but I think I've made my point.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Natalie K
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Generally I am usually optimistic when reviewing hotels but this time no. I would NOT RECOMMEND this "hotel". It was was dirty, neglected and understaffed. Indeed, some of the staff had no manners and spoke in a disrespectful way. The rooms on closer inspection were dirty and smelly and our toilet constantly blocked. Don´t bother phoning ahead to make a room selection because we were were punished with the worst located room in the entire place. Food was OK but repetitive and it was "feeding time at the zoo" if you did nit time your meals right. Very disappointed by the hotel and San Andres in general. Will not be back!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family