1,093 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 January 2017

I wanted to spend 11 days on this island, after the first day I was sure to shorten up this vacation. In the end I staid 5 nights in "Sol Caribe Campo" and one night in "Cocoplum".

Sol Caribe Campo is an All inklusive Hotel and reminded me to former days before the year 2000 where I did some All Inklusive holidays as well. When you arrive to the Hotel the staff at the reception (which is never ever smiling and actually not very friendly) gives you a orange plastic wristband, which you have to wear during your whole stay.
The Hotel Area is extremely big, with many many houses and many rooms.
When we arrived to our first room, I couldn't believe my eyes. The floor was wet, there was not water running out of the shower and the smell in there was really weird, not speaking of all the hair on the floor and the bed.
We managed to get another room that night, the room itself was a tiny little bit better but there where so many different kinds of hair in the bathroom (long, short, brown, black, blonde), you couldn't open the bathroom door to the fullest, and it was super small.
In our bed where as well many many and many different kind of hair, which couldn't have been from the cleaning lady herself (not only).

The next day we managed to change the room again, but we could never get rid of all the hair. We called the reception and told them about that problem, we even talked to the cleaning lady and asked her why?, but they don't seem to take that issue serious.

In general, I got the feeling that in this hotel its all about mass and not about quality. The cleaning stuff doesn't take their job seriously and really doesn't know how to clean a toilet, a shower, a bed or a floor.

If you go to that hotel, be sure you can cope with all that stuff.

Every day from 21:00 - 23:00 there is super loud Music, cause a DJ is playing (EDM, HOUSE, HIP HOP etc) and that extremely loud, so you can't even hear your own TV in your room.

In the morning the super loud Pool Animation Program starts, where a Lady is shouting in a Micro. But from 23:00 - 07:00 you will be able to sleep.

The Food:
If you think you go to the Caribbean to have some healthy Food and nice fruits, you are wrong. All they offer is Fast Food, Fried Food and some rice. Very simple Buffet with a view fruits, but the presentation of the food is poor.
I lost more than 3 kilos in that 5 days in that hotel, so it was actually good for me that the food was so disgusting there.

I could keep on writing and writing about my worst hotel experience ever, but I think I've made my point.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Natalie K
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Generally I am usually optimistic when reviewing hotels but this time no. I would NOT RECOMMEND this "hotel". It was was dirty, neglected and understaffed. Indeed, some of the staff had no manners and spoke in a disrespectful way. The rooms on closer inspection were dirty and smelly and our toilet constantly blocked. Don´t bother phoning ahead to make a room selection because we were were punished with the worst located room in the entire place. Food was OK but repetitive and it was "feeding time at the zoo" if you did nit time your meals right. Very disappointed by the hotel and San Andres in general. Will not be back!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank nsok123
Reviewed 7 July 2016

The WORST. Beware of this place. NOT RECOMMENDED.
We stayed at this place for a week.
Everything was bad from the beginning. This hotel is understaffed and the people are very rude. Th check-in we had to wait for 4 hours (several families had to wait as well because their rooms were not ready until past 7pm). While waiting the management did not apologized neither offer a glass of cold water.
The rooms are far away from the lobby, a lot of stairs (7 story building equivalent of stairs). Food is mediocre as best, bland, and tasteless; we got sick since the first day by drinking and eating at this place. All the furniture in the restaurants are plastic, nothing looks or feels nice. Even though this is all-inclusive place, they refused to serve us soda drinks at breakfast.
They did not changed our sheets neither the towels on the 7 nights stay at this place. Toiletries were not replenished, we had to ask for toilet paper and soap; it took them a DAY ((1 day??)) to deliver a small soap and "half" roll of toilet paper.
They claimed that they had free shuttle to the beach. Beach is far away from this hotel, so you had to take their OLD "chiva" bus to the beach which takes more than a 45 min wait, if you say anything, they just replied that is FREE ( nothing is free, you already paid for it).
There is no central AC in these rooms, they get very hot. Personnel are very rude from management all the way to the people who serves food at the beach. They constantly order something NOT to do, such as: do not bring the sandwich to the beach, do not take the bottle of water outside their area, do not walk in there with sand on your feet (on the beach), the list goes on!. Ohh by the way, they do not maintain the beach, there is nasty green algae all over the place; Impossible to enjoy the water. They have 2 pools, of which they only opened one because he other was on "maintenance" ( for the whole week that was the only pool available, it was packed with people, they never cared).
Booking at this hotel has been one of the worst way to throw away money. I am very disappointed to the hotel and their way to do business. I will NEVER ever stay at this hotel if I EVER go to San Andres.
DO yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. Decameron is a decent alternative.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank spiffbmw
Reviewed 16 June 2016

I'm a gringo who has spent a lot of time in Colombia the past 8 years. I stayed here with my girlfriend, her daughter and friend for 4 nights on a package tour arranged from an agent for the hotel in Medellin. I was leary because not many positive reviews but my girlfriend insisted because some of her neighbors had stayed there and liked it. It is definitely a bit worn. We were first placed in a small sleeping room with a small bathroom, the type of rooms with a package. Definitely not like the website photos! For the second two nights we were transferred to very nice, larger upgraded rooms with ocean views after my girlfriend pleaded with reception that we were not getting what the agent showed us. It didn't hurt that she and her daughter were the only black customers and very friendly and outgoing with staff who is mostly black. The bottom line is - don't expect high standards. Rooms may be a bit worn, food is indeed cafeteria style but not bad, their private beach is good (short shuttle ride away) and the corny performances and dance contests each evening a riot. This is a middle to lower income Colombian family all inclusive resort. Probably as many kids and grand parents as adults. Not for "sophisticated" or picky world travelers coming for a night or two. So, suck it up and enjoy the chaos of a few hundred Colombians having a good time. I think it was probably good value for the money (at package tour prices) compared to many of the higher end hotels in SA.

Stayed: June 2016
1  Thank Robert P
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

I was shocked when I see hotel no one speak English and hotels from 1975 and never been any work after 1975 rooms restaurant all coming part our room I can't explain dirty and door has no lock you can see and hear everything from restaurants and next doors bathroom never see this much dirty in my life

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends