See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Meals have reduced in portions and prices are dear compare to most places. Coke tastes feral not the same as real coke, deserts are average, its something you get at a basic coffee shop. Needless i should more...... not impressed at all, very disappointed with the money i spent, wont be going again!!!

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Booked the two bedroom apartment and it was the worst room I have stayed in ever. One wine glass, two flat plates, wine glass had dead fly in it. Living room has small court yard which was covered in ciggerette butts and filthy. 170 dollars a night not really budget for a room this crap. Do not stay here unless there is no where else.One teaspoon for four people to make tea and coffee, really ridiculous

Date of stay: December 2016
1  Thank Wyzzasses
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Unless your desperate, like pokies or have to go to the wholesale produce markets early in the morning like me then I don't recommend staying here. The place was rather depressing, accommodation was falling apart and the beds were short with some silly shelf just above your head. Still I didn't die or anything....

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2016

We stayed in the motel and while we did get a reasonable nights sleep the rooms are crying out for maintenance. The hotel has a bistro which was okay but the place caters mostly for gamblers. One stay is enough for me.

Room tip: Don't stay there
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Recently ate at the Bistro of the Excelsior and must admit was pleasantly surprised.
I'm originally from the area, and this hotel certainly had a checkered past. My how things have changed. The food was your normal bistro fare with a few different specials, but the food was good and the service matched. It's a far cry from the pub of my youth. I would be more than happy to return.

Date of stay: June 2016