See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Booked the two bedroom apartment and it was the worst room I have stayed in ever. One wine glass, two flat plates, wine glass had dead fly in it. Living room has small court yard which was covered in ciggerette butts and filthy. 170 dollars a night not really budget for a room this crap. Do not stay here unless there is no where else.One teaspoon for four people to make tea and coffee, really ridiculous

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wyzzasses
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Unless your desperate, like pokies or have to go to the wholesale produce markets early in the morning like me then I don't recommend staying here. The place was rather depressing, accommodation was falling apart and the beds were short with some silly shelf just above your head. Still I didn't die or anything....

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2016

We stayed in the motel and while we did get a reasonable nights sleep the rooms are crying out for maintenance. The hotel has a bistro which was okay but the place caters mostly for gamblers. One stay is enough for me.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Recently ate at the Bistro of the Excelsior and must admit was pleasantly surprised.
I'm originally from the area, and this hotel certainly had a checkered past. My how things have changed. The food was your normal bistro fare with a few different specials, but the food was good and the service matched. It's a far cry from the pub of my youth. I would be more than happy to return.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2016

I have stayed at the Excelsior on quite a few occasions and will be continuing to do so. It is budget price accommodation, its simple and does the job and the rooms are as good as the cheap cost to stay there. I have always found the staff to be very helpful and friendly and the check in at the Lounge Bar is very easy. If you wish to check out early before the Lounge Bar opens at 10am then you just leave the room keys on the bed and close the door behind you....too easy!!
On one occasion I booked online but then had to change the date that I would be staying, because I booked it online it made it a bit more difficult to change. Anyway long story short Michelle and Gerard could not of been more genuine great people and were also so helpful & friendly and they definitely made me feel very important and got everything sorted. Thanks guys and see you all next time I stay.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple