“A Simple Paradise”
Review of Simrose

Simrose
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I absolutely relished my stay at Simrose!!! First of all it is on a very nice quiet beach, that is not nearly as crowded as others like Palalem.

The staff were more than hospitable. They were friends. They kept the place open - extended their season just for us.

The food was out of this world. A mix of german and napali cuisine that was none less than 5 star. The fish I had there was the best ever. Fresh prawns and red snapper.

The rooms and huts are simple but perfect for a stay on the beach. Loved the feeling of a hut.

No AC - but that was fine by me.

Woke up every morning to french press coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice, and breakfast.

There is a beautiful veranda to eat in that overlooks the ocean.

Food is western.

Room Tip: Huts are the way to go.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Shyla89

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at Simrose for 3 nights. It was a lovely place. I traveled with my mom and 2 kids ages 13 and 8. I was relieved that my expectations from website and feedback were accurate. Our huts were exactly what I expected. Dinesh and his team took very good care of us while not intruding in things that we chose to do outside of Simrose. The restaurant food was good and the view and atmosphere were excellent. The place is very family friendly. When I asked my 8 year old son what the best part of Agonda was he says, "when Dinesh and his friends played soccer with me on the beach"! The place was very safe and the location was perfect. There is a government owned lot with pretty trees to the left of Simrose making our huts feel more private. We traveled to Goa by train from Mumbai - super satisfied with the arrangements that Binesh/Dinesh made to have us picked up at Margao Station. The train arrived 1 hour late and it was such a relief to see our taxi driver, Sandesh, holding a sign with my name. It set the tone for the remainder of our Agonda stay at Simrose - all very positive! One last thing - most comfortable mattress I slept on during our 24 day trip in India!

Room Tip: Request Huts on left side where the government owned property is located - feels more private.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I booked Simrose after reading so many positive reviews on here and it was almost a perfect experience.

We specifically wanted a hut with a sea view and paid in advance for a front hut (the most expensive). We checked with the owners via email and were assured we would have a front hut. It was therefore rather disappointng that we were not offered a front hut. There are two huts at the front with a direct sea view and maybe five or six that are set further back and overlook the resturant. Binesh (the owner) told us that all the huts count as front huts but we later discovered that the policy is rather vague. Sometimes the back huts are counted as front huts and sometimes they are not. In the end we stayed in a front hut for three nights and then moved to My Place for the rest of our stay.

If having a front hut is not important to you then Simrose is a fantastic place to stay. The huts are basic but comfortable but it is the restaurant which is the best bit. The breakfasts are lovely (try the cheese & potato pancake and ginger, honey and lemon tea - made with fresh ginger). We ate there many evenings, seated on lounge cushions overlooking the beach and sea. Very, very chilled, tasty food and a lovely atmosphere.

The resort felt very safe, we even left our camera in the taxi and the owners called the taxi driver who promptly returned it.

Would recommend for both couples and families.

Room Tip: Don't count on actually getting a front hut!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This was our second trip to Agonda and we hand picked Simrose after visiting last time. The huts were simple but lovely, comfortable and clean and the staff looked after us well and my two young boys. The huts and restaurant are right on the beach and there was nice shade. The children were in and out of the sea from 8am to 6pm and in the heat of the day the breeze was enough to keep them cool and on the beach under the shade.
The food was great and the whole stay was value for money.
Agonda beach is perfect for low key, quiet relaxing get away - it is not a centre of night life so perfect for families and a great way to while away a few days or longer (especially if you hire mopeds to explore).
We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I spent almost 2 weeks at simrose with my friends and it was the soul of our stay.
We first planned to leave after one week, but we came back after a trip to Hampi... There was just everything we needed.

The huts give you privacy, each with its own "balcony", where you can start your day with a chai or a (very good) latte macchiato.
In some steps you're at the beautiful beach of Agonda, where is a peaceful and easygoing atmosphere. Compared to beaches like Palolem it's just more calm and relaxing.
In the evening, when the sunset starts, they play nice lounge music at simrose, so you feel like in heaven.

What makes this place so special is the helpful and friendly staff. They tried to help us with everything we needed and you always feel they truly care about your needs. They gave us such a warm and personal feeling.

Finally, the food was the best, we've eaten in India! We tried almost all the dishes from the menu and all of them convinced us. I loved the breakfast, drink a fresh juice and the super latte macchiato! A lot of people told us, that they're coming to simrose just because of the good food! Ah, and ask for simrose cocktail!- its not on the menu (I think because it's too good for being on a menu).

I would whole heartedly recommend this place!

Thank you, simrose team, for everything!:)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends