“The best massages in Agonda - amazing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Agonda
Bio Veda Ayurvedic Beach Resort
Ranked #22 of 62 Speciality Lodging in Agonda
london
“The best massages in Agonda - amazing”
Reviewed 18 April 2010

My husband and I have just returned from our honeymoon in Goa. Agonda is a real hippie haven, we loved it. Discovering Bio Veda Ayurvedic Retreat was a godsend! It’s run by a lovely couple, Fiona and Sunil, and their two gorgeous little daughters. Fiona and Sunil are both Reiki Masters and Sunil is also an Ayurvedic practitioner who gave us a free consultation about our ‘dosha’ (Ayurvedic body type). This costs about £60 in England (if not more), so it was great.

Once we had our first Ayurvedic massage, we were hooked. They have girls for girls, and men for men. All the staff are charming. The treatment rooms are cool and spacious. A one hour massage will set you back about £10 and is pure bliss. We also tried the Sirodhara treatment, in which medicated oil is poured onto your forehead in a continuous steam for 45 mins. It works on the pituitary gland, balancing the left and right hand side of the brain (a real experience but you need to wash your hair several times afterwards)

Our favourite treatment was Reiki with Sunil. My husband is sceptical about ‘new age stuff’ but even he loved it. You lie down in a darkened, incense-scented room with your eyes closed, listening to the sound of ‘Shiva’s Sacred Chants’ (wonderful). Sunil then, over the course of an hour, lays his hands over areas of your body. I am not clear on how exactly it works but I believe it’s something to do with channelling universal energy through your chakras. I had several sessions and each was different. I felt all kinds of sensations - strong heat, tingling hands, balls of energy whooshing around my body, to my amazement I even found myself crying a couple of times (an old emotional blockage being cleared out, apparently). Afterwards I always felt energised, balanced, at peace. A session is approx £8.

If you go to Agonda don’t miss Bio Veda. The treatments are fabulous and won’t break the bank. (They also do all sorts of other treatments – synchronised massages, facials, detox courses and yoga classes in high season.) They also have some clean and spacious huts with lovely sea views if you want to stay on site.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
9 Thank emmajules
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)