“Amazing view”
Review of Chattai Beach Huts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Agonda
Ranked #36 of 61 Speciality Lodging in Agonda
Reviewed 15 April 2017

This is the most beautiful place we stayed at in India. The view from our hut was absolutely stunning. Staff was very friendly, communicative and helpful. We would most definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

Idyllic place with a very helpful and nice staff! the food was local flavors and varieties of fish. The huts are located just a few meters from the south end of Palolem beach and was a very serene and calm.

Room Tip: All rooms have privacy
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2016

Chattai Yoga – December 29, 2015 0715 hrs

My eyes opened to the sound of the Sea Waves caressing the shore, I look outside my window and I am speechless…

January 05, 2015 0715 hrs – I am a storyteller…

I am not the same having stayed for a week at Chattai Yoga, cast away, atop a hill right above Agonda Beach, this resort has a breathtaking location, calm and serene atmosphere, beautifully made self contained thatch huts, with sit-outs, where I could sip on my coffee and watch the day go by … Susegad (a contented form of life) – As they say in Goa.

Oops, did I not mention my wife is along with me, yes we are on our honeymoon and she is spellbound too…

We take a walk down the hill from Chattai towards Agonda beach and there’s a boat waiting to take us on a romantic back waters trip (organised by Rashikant – Chattai Manager – my go to man)

Day after day, Chef Geraldo enthralls us with culinary surprises from his kitchen (he knows his way to his guests stomach…), served with a big smile by Moksh (the free spirited ever smiling soul)

Thank you Kumuda & Ashish for the wonderful bollywood styled honeymoon cottage on our welcome… We take only wonderful memories from here, leaving behind our footprints, which we intend to keep filling in year after year….

Special Thanks to Rashikant, Chef Geraldo, Moksh, the Housekeeping staff and also the security staff, who all did their bit in making this a memorable trip.

Much obliged.

Mustan & Saba

Room Tip: All the rooms are Sea facing atop a hill
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mustan04
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Agonda is one of the best beaches out there in Goa, and I still remember the absolutely serene early morning walks along the shore. Nothing can compete with that.

As for Chattai, I should say it was a mixed bag, since the rooms (except for one) aren't sea facing, and you cant really blame them either, since their booking voucher clearly states that in writing - "The huts are in 2 vertical rows and have varying sea views." We were a group of four people who stayed in two huts in March 2014 (have selected November 2014, since that was the earliest month that was available), and were provided rooms that were a bit away from the sea. These huts however have a rooftop recline, where you could climb and have a pretty decent view of the sea.

The restaurant at Chattai however is sea facing, and the sea food dishes are simply out of the world. The place is dimly lit up during nights and has a terrific ambiance as well.

The bottom line thus is that if you are on the lookout for sea facing huts at Agonda, then Chattai might not be the place you are looking for. But if you just want a peaceful stay on the beach (which is nevertheless incredibly close) with a good restaurant nearby, then go for Chattai!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank VeeYen
Reviewed 29 December 2014

Visited this place during our stay and spent a lot of time unwinding.. Ideal place for tranquil - away from the crowd, at a height overseeing the ocean from your hut. Its Fantastic! We found the food too great and rejuvenating. Place was clean and maintained very well.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank sankar_o_s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Agonda
0.2 km away
0.2 km away
Sand Sapphire
Sand Sapphire
#13 of 61 in Agonda

Been to Chattai Beach Huts? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK