See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

What a great place! Located right in the middle of nature!! The grounds are very pretty and well kept! The pool was very tranquil, with a big waterfall!!! There is also a great kiddie pool for little ones!!
We saw so many of the islands animals right from the pool!! Large lizards, Beutiful singing birds!!! The staff was so nice and helpful!! I highly recommend going here!!!
It's a hidden gem, with great affordable pricing!!!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2015

The first thing you see is a note with a telephone number to call when you arrive. No reception, no restaurant as they advertise. Not even a vending machine in the whole place. Finally we got to the room to leave our luggage and went to the beach. The beach is more than 15 min by car so is not near. You have to go out to even get a bottle of water. We stayed for 2 nights and not even a security gard was on the place at night. We were the only people in the "hotel" and we were afraid at night. Not recommended at all

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Cristina R
Reviewed 23 March 2015 via mobile

Paid for a 3 days 2 night stay, rooms are really small, no TV, air conditioning are super old and did not work, we only went to sleep. Breakfast was really cheap. The surroundings were not pleasant to stay so we just left early in the morning, did some tours and came back late at night to try to sleep with the heat and useless a/c. Not coming back nor recommending it.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kattyria7854
Reviewed 12 August 2014

After visiting www.jbhiddenvillage.com/ and having read some good reviews in trip advisor I decided to buy an "Ofertón" to stay with my husband and our four kids in this parador. On the internet page you see a beatiful view of this property, and when I checked the amenities like restaurants, game room and ping pong table I thought it should be good place to stay and enjoy. It was the most shocking experience I've had until now. There was nothing but the swiming pool (a warm and relaxing one), a quiet environment, very good to sleep and very friendly staff.
I'm very sorry for all the tourists that I saw, because maybe they were in shock like me and that is sad. Puerto Rico is a beautiful place and the visitors, especially our friends from other countries, deserve the best.
I hope they can go further, and get this parador in good shape again because the staff are very friendly.

Room Tip: Room in front of swimming pool are good. Bring your own cafetera
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Familia T
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Have you ever been to the "cabins" of Boquerón? You know, those houses by the beach with no furniture, old bathrooms and rock-hard mattresses? If you love that kind of vacations, ask yourself why. Even when you have to basically move even the kitchen sink to have a great time in those cabins, you still have fun... You have family, a beach and a great location!

Basically this is what you get in Hidden Village: a room with dated furniture, virtually no hot water for showering at night... The biggest shock we got was not seeing all the great amenities we were promised (we booked through Ofertones, a coupon service a la Living Social). Any pictures online were old, from the hotel in its heyday.

But you know what? I kind of liked staying here. It's Boquerón with much softer, comfy beds, a bakery within walking distance, a nice, warm pool at night, and LOCATION!!!! And VERY FRIENDLY STAFF. Frankly I'd stay one more night. It's hard to go back to the city with all the loud reggaeton-playing ATV's.

Overall the experience was relaxing but tense. It was great to have some peace and quiet... I just wish we knew what we were getting into beforehand. I wish the best to the staff and hope they can find a way to get Hidden Village back in shape.

Room Tip: Pick a room close to the pool, as they are the renovated ones. Bring a few snacks or bring money to eat out, at this time the restaurant is closed. Be mentally ready to see a not-so-nice hotel. Unfortunately it's not as glorious as it was 5 years ago.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family