My family[2 adults and 2 children (ages 7 and 5)] booked to stay at this establishment for 10 nights as part of a 14 day Queensland holiday. We started our holiday with 3 nights at the Peppers Broadbeach apartments, so my wife could get the "shopping part" of the holiday out of the way. Well, this may have been a mistake as the Peppers apartments set very high standards for the rest of the holiday. We arrived at The Mirage and went to our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. They make you pay for the entire stay up front, so that's the first mistake I made! We entered the apartment and the first thing my wife said was "this place stinks"! And it did. The centre room drain plugs in the bathrooms were foul. I have experienced this before and the remedy is to pour boiling water down the holes and then pineoclean. The furnishings were dated, couch had a rip and the beds had had better days. The tumble dryer had some foreign stains in it. However, the apartment was as clean as it could be and generally other matters were ok.
I think our stay here, which by the way only lasted 4 of the 10 nights, was tainted, not by the establishment, but by Alexandra Headland itself. We found this area to be very unsavory, full of not very nice people, who abused us as we drove around, for driving slow or not letting them in or for things I couldn't work out. Everyone had tatoos, even the 5 year old kids! The Mirage car park was full of big 4 wheel drives, utes and commercial vehicles. Everyones a tough guy and the kids give you the finger as well. We left the Mirage and went to stay at the 5 star RACV resort at Noosa, an area that has a much more relaxed and cosmopolitan appeal. For us it was about another $40 per night and it left the Mirage for dead. [see my next review]
I noted when I booked our stay at the Mirage that fellow Trip Advisor members said it was a great place to stay. Now I am not disputing what they have said, but we aspire for something better. I like to have the apartment serviced daily and I like modern up to date premises. The Mirage was not for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Mirage Alex Resort on Alexandra Headland, the luxury four and a half star resort on Sunshine Coast. Set just 50 meters from the main road The Mirage offers stunning views without the traffic noise, and is just a short walk away from either Mooloolaba or Maroochydore! Our balconies are all east-facing and have a view of our beautiful pool and gardens, the lagoon, park and/or ocean. Opposite the resort's location is the picturesque Lake Nelson Park, home to many water birds, including our beloved swans. Come at the right time of year and watch the baby cygnets or maybe some ducklings with their parents. We offer spacious one, two and three bedroom apartments with full size kitchens, large living and dining areas, separate laundry and east facing balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Mirage Alexandra Headland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mirage Alexandra Headland Hotel Alexandra Headland
- Mirage Hotel Alexandra Headland
- The Mirage Alexandra Headland Sunshine Coast