“Great place to see all of the samana penisula”
other travellers have booked this property
Keepers/servant house in background
Keepers/servant house in background
Terrace w. bbq.
taken from the balcony
view from balcony
Lookng across Samana bay from the balcony
View from balcony
In the shade, under the satch roof.
Gazebo w. BBQ
View from tiki hut
61 steps with handrail to the beach
The beach (beach can change, depending on sea conditions)
Looking up the coast.
Fishing boat---just put the gas.
Master bed room w. a/c & ceiling fan, and bath
2nd small bedroom w, priv. bath, A.C. ceil fan
3d small bedroom w 2 sngl. beds, priv. bath, A.C.
Kitchen and adjoining dinning room
upstaires family room w. sat tv. & wi/fi
downstaires sitting room, adjoining to terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Spanish first
Any
Curiosity...
“Great place to see all of the samana penisula”
Reviewed 1 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Thanks to Richard and Anna for making my stay easy and comfortable. I enjoyed the private beach and the pool and the kayaks. I enjoyed the location which is within easy driving distance to the town of Samana, las terranas, playa rincon and las galares.

I enjoyed my conversations on the veranda with Richard as well as talking to Alexa.

Thanks Richard and Anna if i get back to Dominican I will look you up and say Hi.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
IA
Reviewed 10 November 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Richmond
Reviewed 8 September 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Rugged travelers
Management Response
8 Sep 2013
What a surprise, receiving this negative review, seven (7) months after these guests left. Mainly because they never complained about anything while they were here. On the contrary, they were quite amiable, pleasant, and sociable folks. Had they mentioned these issues while they were here, most could have been quickly resolved.

For example: " No washing machine in the house", the washing machine is in the garage, had they mentioned it., we could have put it in the house. Plus, my helper always offers to do the laundry for the guests.
"Linen was changed only once in 2 weeks". had they mentioned, they wanted the sheets change daily, we would certainly have obliged them.
"Generator was on only when inverter batteries were dead"
had they mentioned that they needed the generator for the toaster or microwave (as the batteries can not power these devises, when city power is off), we certainly would have started it.
"Kitchen needs upgrade" I wish they had been more specific,
so that I would know "what" to upgrade.
"We were not aware, sailboat was available" Well, its not,
nor is it mentioned anywhere in the listing, other then in some guest reviews, as I frequently invite guests for a sail, when the weather, the
boat condition, and my time permit.
"Beach is mostly gravel etc.>>>>" The beach is small flat pebbles, not gravel, from the high tide line up, and sand from high tide line down.
"Dogs next door are annoying especially in the a.m.."
Legitimate complaint, those dogs go off (howling and crying) for about a minute, every morning, when the owner leaves for work at 15 till 8,
and again (barking with joy) at 18.15, for about a minute, when the owner returns, and " occasionally" at other times.
As evidenced by the prior reviews, dating back three years, and never having been mentioned / complained about, illustrates that it is not that big of a problem.
Finally, putting 2 stars out of 5, in the block of "Service".
I just don't know what these guests were expecting from this rental house, other then a full service hotel. I even took them in my car (as they did not have a rental car) to show them around Samana, and grocery shopping.
MN
Reviewed 24 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

A romantic getaway
feisty54
Roseville, MN USA
“It was a Peace of Heaven!”
Reviewed 4 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

The house was great. City electricity can be a problem, but Richard has battery back-up and a diesel generator. The pool was absolutely fantastic. Clean, just large enough, clear and deep at one end. Perfect for four adults. (My husband, our friends, and me.) There were also floats and pool toys available. Hurricane Sandy messed up the beach, but that was nothing that could be helped. We just spent more time in the pool. Also, Richard set up a personal-boat excursion to some wonderful areas across the bay. And, Bamboo, the caretake, climbed a palm tree, threw down coconuts, opened them so we could drink the coconut water, then hacked them open further to eat out the coconut meat. Wonderful! The grounds were beautiful, again thanks to Bamboo. We had plenty of room, the internet worked great, and we had a wonderful time. Thanks Richard! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and the grounds.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing