All reviews tacloban city free shuttle cucumber juice flight details free breakfast buffet lobby serves airport transfer rooms are excellent rooftop bar mini bar top floor the hotel staff comfortable hotel hot water brewed coffee enjoyed my stay public transportation
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I was not expecting much but the staff of Ironwood Hotel has exceeded my expectations. I made my reservation over Facebook including a request for airport to hotel transfer. Someone confirmed and I was greeted by courteous driver from the arrival area and was assisted to a van with the logo of the hotel. Before he closed the door, the driver handed me an ice cold bottled water. Nice.

When I checked in at 11am, I was told that my room was not yet available. I knew that check in time was at 2pm so I graciously waited in the lobby and was surprised when a glass of iced cucumber juice was given to me including a piece of white chocolate cookie. I was also given 2 wifi passwords for my devices. After checking my email and doing some work, I decided to head out to shop for my pasalubong. The reception kept my luggage and oriented me on the transportation options around Downtown Tacloban.

After my quick run to Aida's and bought my stash of muron and binagol, I hanged at SM and head back by taking a tricycle back. I had my lunch at Firegrass Tavern and was approached by the reception that my room was available already. I finalized my check in and was escorted to my room at the second floor.

I had the Executive King and was surprise by the sheer space and furniture which suited my taste. Rm 202 was a corner room and boasts with huge windows and with sofas, own table and firm King bed with 4 huge plush pillows. Nice...

The bathroom has rain shower head with hold and cold water with strong pressure. There was also a bidet and the usual toiletries and towels. I checked the cabinet and found 2 bathrobes and a safe. I noted the prices of the snacks and drinks in the fridge and found them to be reasonable compared to alot of the hotels.

Ironwood has another restaurant in the 5th floor that boasts view of Downtown Tacloban. It also had an open terrace for those who wanted to dine out and smoke.

When I checked out at 4am, I was surprised that they have prepared ham and cheese sandwich for me along with cold water. I made arrangements for airport transfer and the van was made ready for me and I made it in time at the airport.

Although my stay in Tacloban was short, I have enjoyed my stay at Ironwood and was fully satisfied with the service.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Ironwood H, Guest Relations Manager at Ironwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback here in TripAdvisor.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations regarding our staff, amenities and facilities that our establishment is known for. It was our pleasure to have made your stay satisfactory.

Rest assured that I will share this to the Team.

Thank you for staying at Ironwood Hotel and We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Salamat hin Madamo!

Mobile Nos.: +63998 857 1857
+63917 627 6099
Corner Burgos & Juan Luna St., Tacloban City, 6500, Philippines

Reviewed 14 July 2018

The hotel looks spectacular outside however the rooms are very basic. The airconditioning is poor (not cold), and there are no windows for the rooms i stayed. For the price i pay (checked online), i would have gotten the best room, however i got the worst room (queen bed and no windows). My nose is blocked in the room i stayed, therefore it could be no fresh air or the room was dusty.

The staff are friendly and the rooftop bar is probably the best in town. For the price i paid for and for the service i get, i therefore rate this as terrible. I don't think i am getting value for what i paid for.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Thaiza Mithel C, General Manager at Ironwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

A lovely day to you Alaksander!

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write your review here on TripAdvisor. All your comments are much valued. We appreciate your commendation on the staff's friendliness and the rooftop bar.

On the other hand, please know that your feedback regarding the room and amenities has not gone unnoticed. Please know that we are already working on the issues you have brought to our attention. We will ensure that your next stay will be more pleasurable.

Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for a hotel in Tacloban that has okay rooms then Ironwood is a top of mind recommendation. The beds are nice and so are the sheets, pillows and size. Yes you can definitely sleep well I. This quality accommodation located in the heart of the city. The bathroom ain’t that bad too with toiletries and modern fixtures. What I really like about the hotel is that it’s clean and looks well maintained.

Dining in the hotel is a good option if you don’t want to go out to eat. There are two restaurants that offer a good mix of western and Asian cuisine and food isn’t that bad at all. The restaurant at the rooftop gives you a panoramic view of town and the body of water than surrounds it.

Hospitality of Tacloban. The well trained staff are very hospitable and accommodating so no need to worry if you need anything. They have natural smiles and demeanor that makes everything pleasant. A good smile can always make someone’s day bright.

If there is something that needs to be noted or improved is the sight of a lot of plastic accessories or decor. There isn’t really anything appealing about plastic specially when it’s fake flowers and plants - personally they are a major eyesore. I would suggest real indoor plants and even succulents for table settings specially in the restaurants and lobby.

Overall my two night three day stay was okay. I loved my bed and wouldn’t mind staying in as well. It’s strategically located in the center of the city and gives you easy accessibility to various tourist attractions.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Thaiza Mithel C, General Manager at Ironwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

A lovely day to you Luis E!

It's great to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time of sharing your review here in tripadvisor. We appreciate kind words and commendation of our facilities and service. I will definitely pass your feedback to our team.

On the other hand, please know that your remarks regarding our decor have been noted. This will definitely help us improve the customer experience we can provide to our beloved guests such as yourself..

We look forward of seeing you again when you visit Tacloban City. We will ensure your next stay will more satisfactory.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

A bit small but very comfy and clean room,,very accommodating the staff,i would like to stay Ironwood Hotel again in future,only few minutes distance from the shopping centre, its very good location, i can recommend to anyone the hotel

Stayed: May 2018
Thaiza Mithel C, General Manager at Ironwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

A lovely day to you annabelle_gurra!

It's great to hear from you. Thank you for your five-star review. We appreciate your feedback and commendation. I will definitely pass your kind words to our team.

We look forward of seeing you again when you visit Tacloban City.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Ironwood 2 years ago and experienced some problems. I wrote an honest, but hard review at that time.
I am very happy to say now that the Ironwood Hotel is clearly the best in Tacloban. From the clean rooms, excellent food, and friendly service, Ironwood exceeded all of my expectations. I have stayed in all of the best hotels in Tacloban, and I strongly recommend Ironwood hotel.
Salamat Ironwood hotel. Great job!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank John O
Thaiza Mithel C, General Manager at Ironwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear John O,

A lovely day to you from the modern butlers of Ironwood Hotel.

First of all, we thank you for taking the time of sharing your reviews here in TripAdvisor. We are very fortunate that you have given us another chance to host your stay while you were back in Tacloban. It is delightful to receive such wonderful feedback from you and to have met your expectations regarding the rooms, food and service that our establishment are known for.

We truly appreciate your kind words. Please know that we will ensure that your next stay will be more pleasurable. We are excited to welcome you back soon.

Salamat hin madamo.