See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Somehow my booking became a studio instead of a normal room. Open the door and there is a bloody great pillar blocking the entryway. I have to walk in as far as I can, siddle over and close the door before I can complete my entry. Bunks, really? Black out soon after checking in but the generator kicked in and powered everything except the TV cable. After an hour the desk called my room and informed me that the generator had to be turned off to cool down. FFS.

English is not spoken here, or at least it is not understood well. I had 2 nights there and I will never stay here again on future trips to Tacloban.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Services both Front office and in the Cafe Veranda are Superb!

My room have Balcony overlooking the inlet and mountain on the otherside of the inlet.
Unfortunately i only have to stay there for 3 days.

Room Tip: For Business Trip in this Region, I strongly Recommend this Place
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeridelrosario
Reviewed 19 May 2017

The Leyte Park is an older facility, but staffed with very friendly and helpful staff members. The resort, located close to the center city on the north side of the city. The main building houses the traditional hotel rooms, restaurant, meeting rooms, and a large open air lobby. In addition there are several "Villas" on the property, as well as a large swimming pool with full beverage and snack service.

The meals were always well prepared, and enjoyable. In addition to the regular restaurant setting, they also featured a breakfast buffet each morning.

Despite it's age, and the damage it sustained in the massive Typhoon of 2012, the beauty of the location, directly on the sea, It was a very pleasant location.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2017

My family and I spent several nights here and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you are looking for great service from friendly and helpful staff, and you can overlook the crumbling and dated facilities...I think you'll love it. Where to start? Our rooms - they were adjoining, a big plus for a family of 8 - were neat and tidy and looked to have been freshly painted. I am not picky, so things like a rattly bathroom fan and sticking closet door didn't bother me. The view of the water was great and the location worked for us as we walked or took a couple of motorcycle taxis to get from the hotel to shopping, etc. downtown. We were disappointed that the pool and snack bar were out of commission, and there was still much damage apparent from the typhoon several years ago. (Who can blame them, though?) The restaurant was a little pricey by local standards and the food was average, but again, the wait staff was very welcoming. When I get the chance to go back to Leyte, I will gladly book here again.

Room Tip: Main building 3rd floor (1 floor up from lobby level had great views and not too many stairs from the lobby (elevator was broken).
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2017

After flying into Tacloban our friends picked us up at the airport then drove us to the resort for the buffet there. We had a wonderful time on the deck overlooking the water with the rugged mountains in the background. Great food, good service, very reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple