“You get what you paid for , an OK stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tacloban
Welcome Home Pensione
Ranked #15 of 24 Tacloban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 April 2017

To be honest, the price of the hotel was affordable and the rooms were OK, not awesome , not bad, just ... OK . One shouldnt complain as much when paying so little. Im used to sleeping on soft mattresses so it was uncomfortable for me but my family didnt seem to mind ( Its probably just me ) Im also not fond of their pillows, its too flat. We stayed at the big rooms on the first floor located near the reception. My only concern however is the size of the bathroom inside our room, its a bit small for my liking. Its too cramped especially the toilet :P the room has a TV which was pretty useless because the colors were for colorblind people BUT the refrigerator was pretty useful... The AC in our room is useless, it probably wanted to be a heater... The WIFI is terrible. I cannot access it and trust me ive been trying to hack it even, but the password doesnt seem to match the ones the receptionist gives out. Its pretty useless. The hotel was conveniently located with restaurants and shops just a walking distance away especially during our stay when the weather was going bonkers ^^ ; They have free brewed coffee... so thats another good thing about it. Too bad i dont drink coffee :D

Room Tip: Make sure the AC works properly and your TV has colors.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SimplyJonique
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

We rented an aircon family room for only 800 pesos. The room was big enough for 3 of us, with comfortable double-sized beds, a large cabinet, cable TV (but the remote control was not working), and free towels. The staff also makes your room everyday while you're out and leaves fresh towels and blankets on your bed as well. We shared a common CR with other tenants on our floor, but the CR is very clean and smells really nice. They even have separate slippers for use inside! Major downside is that the wifi is only accessible in the stairways, and signal inside the rooms is very erratic.

As for location, it's very accessible to a lot of restaurants and transport options. Staff are also very nice and accommodating. It's a great place to have a comfortable stay while visiting Tacloban.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank moniquecular
Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

The suite on the ground floor was a surprise. For an overnight stay of P1,400 for four persons, it comes relatively cheap. The room is large with cable tv, personal ref, kitchen sink, closet, small dining, and sala sets. Outside is a common living room area. The only issue is the rest room which is a bit cramped, and water pressure is weak. The pillow too has a certain smell but they lent me an extra one at no charge.

The area too is very accessible. It is just one ride from the airport (Tacloban-San Jose) and you ask the driver to let you off at the Duptours terminal, fare costs P13. Restaurants abound around (walking distance from Stephanie's and Zanzibar, opposite is Potluck).

Reception is very accommodating. They allowed us to leave our bags and use the restrooms (our flight was delayed from afternoon to evening) even if we have already checked out the day before.

I'm staying here again if ever I'm in Tacloban.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Edna O
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed here due to the location as it was close (across the road) from one of the mini van companies. We were told there were no rooms available only the family room (1400p), we were tired so we took it. The room is in the car port and I felt like I was living in my parents garage, we had people hanging out the front of our room and the door bell kept ringing all night, a number of times my partner went out to ask people to be quiet. We asked about food and was told there is no food there (it's under B and Bs in trip advisor). The beds are super soft, my partner laid on the bed and it took me ages to find her she sunk so low (no springs or support). The wifi is non existent regardless of what they tell you. I think there are better places to stay in the city and wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Front desk People are rude and have a policy of like it or dont, pay or leave. Can't find any emergency exit sign. Really cheap and staff attitude comes with it (cheap). We booked 3 rooms with 23 people. Guard will be the one to show the rooms and don't be surprise when opens the rooms. Good luck

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family