All reviews eat elsewhere reasonable hotel transit bay ferry
Reviewed 1 October 2018

This is my 1st stay at the Don Filipe hotel. It is a really nice hotel that is convenient to the ferry and the van transport hall. The rooms are clean and large. The WiFi I am told is ok. The bed was Queen sized and there was a refrigerator in the room. The bathroom was ok. Like everything in the Philippines, it is dated. My room had a really nice balcony that overlooked the ocean. The place is only a block away from a lot of restaurants and the city's Barbeque pavilion so I generally take a walk and eat elsewhere. It is hard to find a nice hotel in Ormoc. There are only 3 nice places. This is the most reasonably priced of the three.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018

THe Don Filipe hotel is a really nice hotel that is damned convenient. It is right downtown and walking distance to the ferry. The rooms are clean and large. The WiFi I am told is spotty but I was on the 6th floor which, I guess is the nicest, and I could stream Netflix. I liked the room and stayed there for my wedding. The bed was Queen sized and there was a refrigerator in the room. The bathroom was nice.
Like everything in the Philippines, it is dated. My room had a really nice balcony that overlooked the ocean. The breakfasts are nice but to be honest, this place is only a block away from a lot of restaurants and the city's Barbeque pavilion so I generally take a walk and eat elsewhere.
It is hard to find a nice hotel in Ormoc. There are only 3 nice places. This is the most reasonably priced of the three. I stay here for most visits.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Got a room with a view of the sea. Old building but with clean, fresh, and crisp bed. Clean toilet as well. Reception people are ok but the guards are better as they greet and would smile.Near the port and Near everything! Will definitely stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel after skimming a few reviews here with a plan for a quick overnight stay before moving on. I stayed 3 nights in the end and enjoyed this hotel as much as any I’ve stayed at in the Philippines. If only they would upgrade their wifi it would’ve got and easy 5 from me. Room with a balcony view over the bay. Comfortable bed, cold air, great shower. Staff helpful and friendly. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Average hotel, room clean enough, no kettle & you must ask for drinking water in the room.. Fridge, A/C, TV all good, wi-fi OK., bit overpriced but the view is worth it.. The restaurant is also average, food & service is only OK.. pity more effort is not made because the potential for a better experience seems simple. Fast, attentative service would help..

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends