“Highly Recommended!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Marazul Paradise Beach House Sign
A lot to discover in this garden
Hi, I am a water feature.
real dolphins
Ceilings fans in 3 rooms
panoramic views from all the rooms
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jofish66
Newcastle, Australia
“Good location but overall a bit disappointed!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

We booked this accommodation well in advance in May 2013 (due to the triathlon in nearby Huskisson), choosing Marazul as it sounded like it would accommodate our two families well.
Both our families have two boys, aged between 7-10 years so we had 4 adults and 4 kids in total.
We paid our deposits on time, and balances. We advised the owner we were two families staying, and she'd receive deposits and balance from two people - but she sent a short email querying the full balance (as one family paid a day before the other).. "Where is it?" We went back and confirmed again that we were paying separately, and the payment was due 21 Jan, it was 20 Jan and it was paid on time.
Positives - good location, quiet street (end of a cul-de-sac) and very close to local shops, beach etc.
As previous reviewers have pointed out, it is dated. This was not an issue for us, but we did have problems with the actual maintenance of the house.
We arrived just before 5pm Friday and found a handwritten note on the toilet in the main bathroom saying broken..don't use. The only other inside toilet was located in the ensuite of one of the bedrooms - which essentially meant 8 people using one toilet, walking through someone's bedroom!
The third shower room/toilet was downstairs, in the laundry (this was not located inside the house, so for younger children - they were not keen to use it at night!)
The other problem was the sliding doors to the upstairs main bedroom (which opened onto the lounge/kitchen area) were half missing! Not particularly private for the couple sleeping in this room!
The electrical set up was not exactly ideal with numerous extension cords and 4 plug add-on sockets used everywhere. This wasn't a problem for us, as our children are old enough to understand - but I wouldn't recommend it for families with younger children.
Re. Broken toilet, I called the owner, no reply so left a message. I also texted her. This was before Friday 5pm.
Saturday morning - still no response at all, so I called again, no reply. Left another message.
The owner called back before lunch. Explained repair to toilet would be major, didn't want to leave us without water, etc. so it wouldn't be repaired until next week!. When I advised that we had booked what we thought was 4 bed/3 bathroom house and weren't happy, she seemed surprised. I explained also that the door to the master bedroom was missing, and the toaster kept short circuiting the house. We were unhappy to be using one inside toilet for 2 families, and would she consider any compensation since we did not receive the standard of what we had booked. This was not a consideration.
I can understand for adults this isn't an issue but she didn't seem to appreciate that young children were not keen to go out to the rear deck and downstairs to a toilet at night.
When we returned later that day, the bedroom finally HAD a door, and new toaster was left for us. No toilet repair.
When we left Monday, we left a laptop charger at the house and the owner called to let us know this. I thanked her, and asked her if she'd post it to us, and she could take postage costs out of our bond.
We received the charger back on Thursday, but the bond hadn't been returned so I texted and queried it, and it went in that day - less $15 for the return of the charger. Postage was $6, so guess the packaging and her time were the other $9.
Disappointed, as we travel a lot and from other reviews, did expect better communication and facilities than provided.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Problems with state of the house and slow response to our enquiries once we'd arrived
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
20 Mar 2014
Short sweet answer to the two main problems issued.
Everything is fixed now, everything is fine.

Electrical settings were done less than two years ago by a professional electrician and we put a new security electricity board.
=========== If you find an extension cable dangerous, then you can remove it and put it away, just common sense.

You really liked the house and the natural environment.
But you are upset!

****

Thank you for mentioning, that we were very quick to replace a defect toaster and to get back the door missing that was in repair by the carpenter.
**************************************************************************

Thank you for your story. You could be a good writer for boring readers.
Everyone can see that you are upset because you did not get any refund. You really liked the place!
***
As I explained to you, you booked when there was a triathlon in Jervis Bay and you had already paid the normal price and not the price that we could have charged for those days. So, we do think that you got already a lot of discount as we could have rented for a lot more and we had till the last minute, people in despair trying to find something, anything.
***
I guess you expect me to apologize that I am not able 24/7. As a matter of fact I am a person and not a robot and I have also my life.
But you did not have to wait long to reach me.
***
Yes, one of our guests cracked the toilet bowl shortly before your arrival. We were booked up in these days and we were not able to act immediately. Before you we had other guests, and when I said 'sorry" to them, the answer was " never mind, there are two more toilets in the house, it did not bother us".
***
Not many houses have 3 toilets as we have, as a matter of fact, most of the houses have one toilet.
***
That your kids were afraid to go downstairs at night, I do understand. You could have solved the problem, leaving your kids sleeping in the house and you could have used their bedroom.
It is a question of common sense.
***
There are many things that one can arrange with good willing.
But I guess it is easy to extend the hand an ask for a refund and complain, complain, complain.
And you said to me, you were not the kind of person that likes to complain, but there you go, you do not even know yourself.
***
To make this long story short:
A holiday house has a high wear and tear. We do not like when things get broken and we do what we can to replace them immediately.
Sometimes it is not possible.

This is life, some thing cannot be done yesterday. I apologize that you were not able to use this one toilet, but you had other two to use and 3 complete bathrooms and an outdoor shower.

You know, sometimes it is good when some things go wrong, then we learn about ourselves and how to keep everything in proportion.

Alex
Sydney
Reviewed 29 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

29 Dec 2013
Thank you Leo for your nice feedback. Most of our guests have a wonderful time at Marazul Paradise Beach House.

We tried to create a "feel at home" feeling where you do not have to miss much from home but at the same time be in a very relaxing and inspiring environment.

I am glad that the house is located in one of the most beautiful spots in the area and you can feel and hear the ocean which makes the place really appealing.

Looking forward to see you and your friends at the next visit.

Happy New Year!

Alex
Sydney
Reviewed 11 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

11 Nov 2013
Thank you Paul, you are a traveller than me. For this reason I do appreciate your opinion as you know the important things of life. You know how important it is to have a natural environment, nice comfy bed and practical things around you.
+++
Your eyes flash from your travel experiences and it is a great pleasure to know someone like you and Emy.
CCG2012
Sydney, Australia
“Good location & view and bicycles included but very dated house”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

The house was in a quiet street, despite being just off the main road. It had a great deck, with lots of chairs, big table and hammock, a nice place to just sit and 'hang' and admire the view out to sea. The beach was about 5 mins walk away, if that. The beach was not one of the best in Jervis Bay. But the owner has 4 bicycles for guests to use which is brilliant. There is a bike track all the way to Huskission, which is a lovely 20 mins bike ride to white sandy beaches. The other direction too has a gorgeous little beach.
The beds are comfy and the kitchen is well equipped. There is wifi throughout the house which is great.
However, the decor is really really dated, as is the house. Sort of 1980's interior decor. Very brown. And every nook and cranny is stuffed with some knick knack or other. Way too much clutter. The owner was even there when we got there at 4.30pm!! Still making up the beds and cleaning. And it wasn't that clean either, it seemed like the carpet hadn't been vacuumed, as it was covered in 'stuff'. She very kindly let us stay until we wanted on Sunday as there were no other guests coming, but we had to strip the beds and take all the rubbish out. Fair enough I suppose although I have never been asked to do that before. It was in the 'rules'.
Getting my bond back was not easy. I was fobbed off for a week, with an excuse and it took 2 emails to ask for it back. I got a snippy email back when I asked. I finally got it back 10 days later.
It was $300 per night which when you see how much choice there is around Jervis Bay was way too much for the actual state of the house.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the free bicycles, the beds, the view, the location, wifi.
Liked least: The condition of the house for the money paid and the length of time to get my deposit back (left on a Sunday, got the deposit back 10 days later)
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
29 Oct 2013
Hi Lina,

I am glad that you enjoyed the view, the bikes, the peaceful of the street, the deck, the hammocks, the kitchen utensils that you used with pleasure. Also the fact that I was there to explain you what to do and where to go was a plus.

Also the advantage of having a big fridge and a new dishwasher.

So many good things you had in your 2 days like WIFI, nice and new beds and a kitchen equipped to the detail.

Also the beds were made for you.

+++++++++++++++++++++
I am sorry you did not look at the pictures properly. There are over 80 pics online and a video! You have to be blind not to see what you see.

I am also sorry that you did not like the decor but that makes the house so special. We put new and modern curtains and venetian blinds and very modern pictures.

The house is unique in its style and most of the guests love it. It is very functional.
+++++++++++++++++
I am sorry you found that the carpet was dusty and I am wondering when you arrived and I was there you did not tell me that. You could have shown me what you feel.

I am surprised that before the booking you spent a lot of time trying to explain me how important it was that you had a late check out. But then when you find that something needed to be addressed you prefer to put in public rather than solving the issue directly....funny, I guess adults are sometimes strange in their behavior.

+++++++++++++++

I hope it was not to much work to strip the beds after having a free late check out. We return the bond after checking the house and after you send us your details. The fact that you sent 2 emails did not have any influence in the way we handle it.
++++++++++++
We love to have guests that appreciate the beauty of the tropical garden and the benefits of having a unique 3 bathroom house in one of the best locations in the bay. If you are not one of these guests then you will try to find something according to your needs and taste and look at the pictures properly. Alex

Tokyo
Reviewed 6 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
6 Oct 2013
Kentaro and his friends have been our first guests from Japan.
***
I was lucky enough to be in one of my trips in Japan and I have my admiration for the politeness and kindness of the Japanese society.
***
These guests confirmed my expectation. Kentaro brought a present for the "host" and he, his wife and friends were very polite, full of positive energy and very clean.

As a host it is a pleasure to have guests like you and as a person it is an honour to know people like you.

Thanks again and see you next time! Alex
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$ 311
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing