1,216 results
All reviews forum metro station wine hour minute walk busy road nice hotel lounge area street side yogurt spacious room street noise single room airport copenhagen norrebro cheese bike meats
Reviewed 8 October 2018

In short, one pays through the nose and gets little in return. And definitely, I will not be a repeat stayer. And with the hotel, sadly, rightly or wrongly, my impression of Denmark goes down the drain.

Just for context, I stayed in a superior room for 4 nights and let me recount what I do and do not get:

Do get
2-3 mins' walk from the metro called Forum; direct line on M2 to the airport. The next station is called Noreport.
The breakfast area was well … bright and cheery and appears to be recently renovated. I wish they did the same to the rooms.

Do not get
Unevenly lit room. This bit is really weird. If my significant other comes along, she will really be freaked out. One corner of the room, where the closet is located, was really dark.
Still no water boiler. Only junior suite gets a water boiler. This means no tea bags or coffee in the room. This makes me wonder if other hotels in Copenhagen do the same. Clearly, this is my biggest grief. Of course, I ended up visiting the counter each evening to get my daily ration of hot boiling water.
Faces busy street. If you are coming in the summer months, please do NOT consider this hotel.
No tissue box
No moisturiser bottle. One gets body gel and shampoo cum conditioner.
No room sandals
No minibar. Although I don't use the minibar when I travel, having a room fridge can be useful to store milk or other stuff.
No sunny side eggs. Like some other hotels elsewhere, this hotel only provides 7 mins eggs. If one needs sunny sides, be prepared to pay per order.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Good clean hotel. Convenient location near bus and train stations and not far on foot from city centre. Friendly international staff. Nice smokers courtyard. Breakfast is enjoyable but more hot dishes need to be added to the money but please keep those wonderful iron teapots.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 30 September 2018

We loved our stay at the Avenue Hotel. We stayed in a top floor tower room and enjoyed the peace and quiet. The hotel was lovely, cosy and warm. We enjoyed wine hour in the comfortable, cosy lounge and drinks in the garden with a cosy fleece! The staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfasts were wonderful. Didn't want to leave and would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Pardis K, Chef  at Avenue Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear AlisonM3333,

Thank you so much for this kind review.
Happy 30th Anniversary.
How amazing to see people in love after 30 years..

We would love for you to come back and celebrate all your anniversaries with us.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

A bit out of the way but it’s nice to experience a part of the city not overrun by tourists. Very friendly staff. Great breakfast and they will make you free specialty coffee drinks. The hot chocolate is great. Happy hour in the adorable patio was a great place to rest after sightseeing. The room was fine but they really need better plugs for charging your devices. I was down on the floor trying to plug in by the bed.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Pardis K, Chef  at Avenue Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear mrh16,

thank you so much for this review and for staying with us.
I am happy to see that you enjoyed (almost) every part of your stay.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I was visiting Copenhagen for work and decided to stay for the weekend, so I was booked in this hotel. The hotel is a strange boutique and the staff was wearing strange uniform but they all were supper friendly. Very good breakfast , clean room and good location. However, the room was so noisy as it was facing a very busy road, could not sleep, could not open the window for fresh air. The walls are thin and one can hear people talking. The biggest issue was the water as it was hardly running. Not sure what was the problem but was very annoying. In general, this hotel was not my choice and it is not comfortable for staying. If one can sleep in such conditions perhaps is ok as the prices are not so high. Can not recommend.

Stayed: September 2018
Pardis K, Chef  at Avenue Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Jenny R,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
The reason we are different than other standard hotels, is because we wish to be anything else than ordinary.

We are located on the busiest street in Copenhagen, so unfortunately it is not possible to be clear from noise if one wishes to open the windows.
But I am happy you enjoyed the breakfast, cleanliness and the staff and location.

I hope you find a hotel that suits your needs better if you visit Copenhagen in the future.