1,216 results
All reviews forum metro station wine hour minute walk busy road nice hotel lounge area street side yogurt spacious room single room street noise airport copenhagen norrebro cheese bike meats
Reviewed 23 April 2018

First - the good things: nice breakfast buffet, decent location, and a cozy lounge area.

The customer service was bizarre. I nicknamed the person who "helped me" during most of my stay as "Miss 80%". For example:

- Me: "Is this room located at the back?" Miss 80%: "Hmmm, I think it is located at the back. Wait. Well I don't know. Doesn't matter because we're fully booked anyways." Result - room was at the front, facing a 6-lane highway. The least she could have done was CHECK.

- Me: "I didn't order two beers, I just ordered one." Miss 80% just walks away, because having to chuck one beer would really hurt Avenue Hotel's income statement

- Me: "Can I have an orange juice?" Miss 80%: "No, you need to go to the breakfast room for it." Me: "But I don't want a full a breakfast." Miss 80%: "Fine, I will get it for you here."

Room was outdated, bathroom badly needed renovation, toilet bowl was not properly cleaned, no ventilation in the room (nope, cannot open a window because of the 6-lane highway), not enough outlets for devices, several lamps did not work, minimum toiletries provided (only shampoo and body wash, no lotion, no conditioner).

One of the worst hotel experiences I've had in a while! And expensive too!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Michael C
Pardis K, Chef  at Avenue Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Michael C,

I am very sorry to read about your experience with us.
This is absolutely not the way I wish for my staff members to offer service.

You are more than welcome to contact me directly on my email so that we can look into this together.
This situation requires a big improvement and I would appreciate your cooperation with this.

My direct email:
paka@avenuehotel.dk

Thank you.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is well appointed with an old but modern feel. The staff were welcoming and helpful. The room was large and comfortable and the breakfast was good. Didn't have drink making facilities in the room but wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear SymesB,

Thank you for this review.
I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

We only offer coffee and tea facilities in the junior suites.
In this room you also have a complimentary bar which includes wine, water and all types of coffee, tea and hot chocolate all day long.

Maybe you would stay in this room on your next stay? :)

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The room was very bizarre, a double bed tucked into a corner, no headboard and overall just very poor in comparison to what you are paying.

Staff are quite rude and seem to be reading from a set script. There was one chap from head office who was friendly and changed our room. His name was Hans (i think), but by then the experience had been ruined.

Would never come back here!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BOBBOTOFFO15
Pardis K, Chef  at Avenue Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear BOBBOTOFFO15,

thank you for your review.
I can see you have booked a small double room, and yes, due to the size of the room, the beds are in the corner of the room.
I am very sorry to hear about the staff, but we do not have any employees in our reception from the head office and we do not have anyone called Hans.

Wish you a wonderful day.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I had a lovely three day stay at the Avenue Hotel with my two children (10 and 16).

Positives:
*It's a great location. Forum metro station is close by, making it easy to connect to the train network for trips out of town; the airport and many tourist attractions. It is also very pleasant to take a stroll into the city centre. The area had some lovely restaurants. We enjoyed cheap and hearty meals at Kate's Joint on Blågårdsgade and La Fiorita at Charlotte Ammundsens Plads.
* The breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice- pastries, fruit, yoghurt, cheese, cereals, delicious bread. I have to follow a gluten-free diet and was happy to find plenty of choices. Cooked breakfasts come at an additional cost- we didn't try them.
* Staff were very helpful and upbeat.
*The lounge area is a cosy place to spend time in the evenings. My kids and I enjoyed relaxing on the comfy sofas, drinking hot chocolate and decorating eggs for the lobby Easter tree.

Not so positives:
* After a day of travelling/sight-seeing I really need a peaceful, quiet hotel room to retreat to. If you are the same, be sure to book a back room, facing away from the busy Aboulevard. My family spent a sleepless first night at the Avenue. The road below is very, very busy and we had the delight of 3-4 sirens/horn-honking episodes during the night. It only got bearably quiet between 3 and 6 a.m. Thankfully, in the morning, the helpful receptionist offered us an upgrade (back facing room) for the remainder of our stay. (An additional 1200 DKK fee allowed us a quiet room, free breakfast and drinks throughout our stay. We felt it was worth it.) Our new room was a delight. However, if we had not been able to switch rooms, the traffic noise would have surely ruined our entire trip.
All in all a wonderful place... but do book a back room if you prefer a bit of peace and quiet.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracey L

Dear Tracey L,

thank you so much for this kind and detailed review.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay, even though there were a noisy night on the first day.
Unfortunately it is not always possible to book a room facing the back, unless you book the junior suites which all face the back.
All the other rooms we have are offered on both sides of the hotel, and as we are placed on the busiest street in Copenhagen, noise cannot always be avoided.

I am so happy you painted an egg for our tree, something about Easter :)
Hope to see you back with us soon, and then you are more than welcome to contact me so that I can make you a wonderful deal for a junior suite.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

The rooms are small but clean.The bar area is very relaxing and comfortable and the staff are excellent and very welcoming. Location is good for the metro (about 5 minutes walk) and the metro line goes straight to the airport via the city centre. There are lifts to upper floors. Breakfast is typical Danish but you can have unlimited soft or hard boiled eggs and fruit is plentiful. We got a good price deal making our stay one of the cheapest per night in any Copenhagen hotel but the quality of the hotel was much better than you would expect for a well below average priced hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back may be quieter than those at the front
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CJL6
Pardis K, Chef  at Avenue Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Dear CJL6,

thank you so much for this kind and warm review.
I also want to thank you for staying with us in Avenue Hotel.

I truly hope you enjoyed Copenhagen, and we will see you back with us soon.