“Fine dining at very reasonable prices”
Review of Frederiks Have

Frederiks Have
Ranked #3 of 226 Restaurants in Frederiksberg
Price range: US$ 17 - US$ 82
Cuisines: Danish, International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Frederiksberg
Description: Frederiks Have is a cozy restaurant situated on a side street to Smallegade at Frederiksberg, a few minutes walk from either Frederiksberg or Fasanvej metro, and bus 9A. We pride ourselves with a relaxed, personal and professional service. The kitchen is classic with a nordic twist, and we serve both a season based menu as well as a la carte. In every sense, handeled with respect.
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I visited this restaurant for the first time ever with a delegation of Chinese visitors and was delighted to show them what the Danish kitchen could offer, Although the presentation is highly inspired by French nouvelle cuisine (fortunately) the menu was loyally based on Danish raw materials, both meat/fish and vegetables, and it tasted WONDERFUL. The decor is tasteful, the lightning indirect and cozy and the service is impeccable and professional all through. And still, the small 3-course menu without wine was offered at 395 DKK which is real value for money for what you get. Next time I'll bring my wife and maybe have a go at the wine menu.

1  Thank Coldings
frederikshave, Ejer at Frederiks Have, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear guest,
First of all, thank you very much for your visit.
It was a pleasure having you as guests.
And we are so pleased, that you enjoyed the evening here.
We would like to thank you for writing about us, and we look forward to seeing you another time.
With kind regards from all of us at Frederiks Have

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Nice setting, good for business lunch and family dinners. Had a large baby-christening party there many years ago. High quality food, good at inventing/serving dishes without allergens. If I am in doubt about where to dine this place is always a good choice.

frederikshave, Ejer at Frederiks Have, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Dear guest,
On behalf of all the staff here at Frederiks Have I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about us.
One thing that I really love here is also the variaty of occasions that guests come.
We will look forward to seeing you again.
With kind regards

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We were 3 persons eating lunch together. We all had their 3 course lunch menu with 2 bottles of wine. Service was excellent, the vine was good and the food very delicious.

frederikshave, Owner at Frederiks Have, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for the lunch visit.
It seems that you had a delightful time at Restaurant Frederiks Have.
Maybe we'll see you another time, and maybe in the evening as well.

All the best.
Ole Sellberg

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Went here for business dinner in a group of 14 people and experienced good food wine and service. Recommended.

frederikshave, Ejer at Frederiks Have, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write.
It was a pleasure having you as guest.
And I hope we can help another time.
With kind regards

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

This is one of the restaurants I like to visit not too casual, cosy and not too small setting. And the food is not over the TOP fancy presentation or ingredients. Straightforward Danish service is get what you want and what you need. Away from too many tourists and great place to hangout with a group of friends or as a couple especially during summer. 3 course lunch menu (appetiser- soup, main - duck and dessert - cheese)costs about 290 Dkk plus 2 glasses of wine and 1 bottle of sparkling water will set you about 800 plus Dkk. Love the fish soup with crumbs of apple in it and the duck is so tender and well cooked. As for the dessert, all Danish made cheese. The odd part was all the dishes were served in royal Copenhagen plates but when the dessert arrived, it was plated in IKEA plates. I was like what had happened, the restaurant did not have enough plates? It just brought a slight notch down when I was almost finished with my almost lovely lunch.

frederikshave, Ejer at Frederiks Have, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank very much for your visit, and I'm happy you enjoyed the lunch.

However - to be honest -, I'm a little surprised about the calculation of the bill you mention in your review, and have to disagree with you.
A set 3 courses lunch menu is set to 295 Dkk. as you write, 2 glasses of wine will be charged around 80 -100 dkk pr. glass. and 1 l of sparkling San Pellegrino is 75,- dkk.

These numbers will finalize an estimated total of around 600,- Dkkk. pr guest.

I hope I haven't misunderstood your review, otherwise you're very welcome to contact me at the restaurant or by E-mail.

Best regards Ole Sellberg