Review Highlights
Zanzibar Paradise my place of birth!!

We currently staying at this great resort in Zanzibar for a week Great friendly staff and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
FSUMAN1
Tallahassee, Florida
via mobile
Holiday

Anand and Khamis were excellent managers in the restaurants. Brilliant customer service Very... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Patels186411
Leeds, United Kingdom
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Zanzibar City
from US$ 1,244.00
More Info
All reviews mango zanzibar island stone town entertainers angle
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

The trip to Zanzi was well worth it and beyond expectation:

Traveling:
OR Tambo to Zanzibar return was with Mango. Only draw back is carrying cash for the 4 hour flight for food and beverages. We forget to carry cash(R) on our return trip and was left starved!!!! No other method of payment beside SA rand!!Not cool Mango!! Expect delays at Zanzi airport, process not very user friendly.

Site seeing
Great heritage, culture and tradition. All trips were exciting and well worth it. Safari Blue, and Slave tour a must. However plan extra time as trips to and from hotel can take out over an hour.

Hotel
It was really awesome. Good five star experience except for two things.
1. It would be great to have a mosquito repellent in the room and at the bar area's to apply when/if you forgot to pack or at least sell it at reception or gift shops at the hotel.(Spraying does take place in the rooms)
2. Would be great to have a bath in the bathroom for a romantic end of day experience.
There is all the sporting amenities needed to make your stay more relaxing.
Sundowners at the jetty watching the sunset was magical.
The service was wonderful. Sandeep was absolutely remarkable! He made our stay. Always there to assist and great company. He even went out of his way to organize cigarettes for my wife from the local village at no cost!!! Our suggestion of selling cigarettes at the bar was taken seriously and we believe will be implemented soon!

Our stay at the Sea Cliff was nothing short of awesomeness.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

A special week shared at Sea Cliff Golf resort in Zanzibar Island. Very relaxing, comfortable, entertaining and excellent food everyday of the week!

Most friendly and caring staff of this hotel make your stay overwhelmingly positive and at home. They distincly attend to all your needs and requests on just one mention and never forget to give it that extra special care.

They go out of their way to make sure you are smiling and satisfied no matter what the time or type of request.

Special mention to the following outstanding members who made my stay the best:

1. Sikudhan- the mind reader and accurate adviser- always caring, goes the extra mile and ensures your needs are met! A real entertainer! Loves to experiment but makes sure he succeeds in giving you exactly what hits that very spot at the perfect moment!

2. Khamis- smart and a promise keeper- follows through with his word and makes up for any disappointments faced in his presence or without. Goes the extra mile, cares and ensures you feel special!

3. Aminu- this man is a real mind reader- goes out of his way and will look for you no matter where in this huge hotel you may be. He will make sure to miss nothing and get more than you expect. He is at your service and never forgets each guests speciality!

4. Hamisa- a smiling chef who always meets your expectation of excellent food. No fuss, no arguments- "you are always welcome" is her exact words!

5. Wasiri- makes his presence known in a special way- "The doctor is what we call him and he lives up to this name when you at the bar!"

6. Ismail: does a special check up on your experience overall, makes sure you receive the best tours to suit your expectations!

Ultimately: these members have been outstanding during the month of Ramadaan and not a single moment without a smile or hesitation in serving you or trying to refer you from one person or place to another!

They are not prefect but to me they definitely were in the time I was there- this is what makes Zanzibar pleasant!!

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited Zanzibar for 8 days and I must say if it wasn't for Sea cliff resorts staff hospitality the island itself wouldn't have been much to shout about.
So a special thanks to Aminu who every morning came to specially greet us and remembered exactly what we liked.
Thanks to Scalla for making sure that there was never a disappointment.
Thank you to Waziri and Sikhu you both are the best entertainers we had and great chats, also amazed with all the different cocktails you could make. We looked forward to 5pm at the jetty bar and later joining at the Zanzi bar. Thank you to Khamis he welcomed us with so much warmth and lives by hakuna ma tata. What ever we wished for he made it happen so thank you for the masala tea you arranged for us in the morning we absolutely loved it. On our last day he went the extra mile to ask if there was anything else we needed and guess what we had our favourite lamb kashmiri made for supper! Thanks to Hassan and Kevin - great food! So yes I would definitely recommend Sea Cliff resort! Amazing place but most importantly the treatment :)

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I have mixed views about this hotel . Let's talk about the good things first . If you want to relax or enjoy beautiful Indian Ocean sunsets and want to want be away from the hustle and bustle of the stone town then this place is perfect for you. The infinity pool was too good! Each night had a themed menu. We were lucky to get the seafood theme night. The dinner was super delicious. 10/10 . The staff was friendly and they had live music too.
Room: We got the ocean view room with a veranda overlooking the ocean . Amazing view from the room.
Now the bad things:
the bathroom was a complete opposite story , I could see rust stains especially the flush ( I felt gross) going to the bathroom 1/10 for bathroom. We were in room 402 . The hotel checkout time is 10 am but it is mentioned on their service book available in the rooms that in case you want to check out late ,you can do so by informing the receptionist.when I talked to the receptionist about check out at 1 instead of 10 (I called a night before not the same day) she frowned and started making weird facial expressions and spoke in a rude voice tone . It was odd and very unprofessional behavior.
Finally in their beach area and area near the jetty , there are some locals who force you to buy their products or some services, it was so annoying, my husband told them nicely that please leave us alone but they kept on following us and Eventually I slipped ,fell down badly because these guys didn't want to leave. The sea cliff resort management need to check on this. (3 stars because of the receptionist unprofessional behavior , dirty stained bathroom and these locals following the hotel guests at the beach and area below the jetty)

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Pictures from sea cliff....literally heaven on earth
The food options from Italian, oritental, BBQ, Indian all mouth watering-prepared. Khamis or hussein? Not sure but he is restaurant captain at dinner; ur my star

Breakfast was too lit!!! Everyday Thanks to sandeep n Kamcha for my african tea every morning even if it wasn't on the menu and the warm smiles. You guys are the best in the world!

sunset at the jetty; nothing can beat that. As you can see for yourself

Hotels own catamaran; went dhow sailing on the ocean. Hotel owns kayak:did that too with me Omar. Thank u for helping me overcome my fear for the ocean.
Oceanic views from all angles are breathtaking

My room on first day...amazing is understatement. See for yourself. Imagine how hard it was for me to leave that bed every morning.

Like I told mr kamcha on the last night I was there I was sad I had to go coz I didn't feel like going back heheheh.