We spent one week in the Mykonos Grand and I agree with the reveiws below there is nothing to complain about! Although the Hotel is a bit big for Mykonos it still feels very cosy there. I think you have to give the staff the credit! The hotel is located directly at the beach which is a bit rocky but the water is crystal clear! VERY VERY clean, both the beach and the water. We very there just last week means at the begining of August and the sea was very warm.. +26 degrees. Since it was always a bit windy we did not feel the heat.
The pool area is very big and clean. Nice thing about the swimming pool was that it had sea water.
It is true that it is a bit tricky to find your way to the room because the hotel is located on different levels but there were lifts all over!!! So it is very comfortable even for older people. You did not have to walk up and down at all. I am afraid there vere only some stairs to the beach which were not to avoid but it was completely feasible even for my 60 years old mother.
The breakfast was reach and tasty. You could order all kind of coffee from cappuccino to latte and they even had champagne for those who made it late last night! :)
There were mostly couples but also some gay couples and some families with children.
The Hotel provides a small bus, driving to Mykonos town every night once an hour in the evening which was very nice because it was almost impossble to find a taxi. We were told there are only 30 taxis on the whole island.
We had a wonderful deluxe room with a sea view that was quite big and had an amazing view of the sea. All in all it was a wonderful experience! Friendly staff, very clean, good location, luxurious, though a bit big.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mykonos Grand is a unique resort on Mykonos, on one of the island's most famous beaches Ayios Yiannis known for the glorious sunsets. The resort's Cycladic architecture of cube shaped whitewashed buildings linked by pathways and terraces is combined with classic interior ambience. The hotel offers 96 bedrooms and suites including Superior rooms and luxurious Suites with private pools. The resort's facilities include an outstanding spa, tennis and squash courts, an impressive stone-built amphitheatre for inspiring yoga sessions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mykonos Grand Hotel And Resort
- Mykonos Grand Hotel Agios Ioannis
- Mykonos Grand Resort
- Grand Hotel Mykonos
- Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort Agios Ioannis Diakoftis