See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 March 2015

We went to Hotel Villa Aricia to escape from Rome for a week-end. It was what we were looking for. A quiet place, with few people and a garden that makes you feel like you are lost in the jungle. We could bring our dog with us. Walking down the garden, we've found a hidden bench with view on the plains until the sea.

Yes, it is true that the building needs a lot of work. We could hear our neighbour's flush. The bathroom is not very spacious, but consider that I am 1m80 tall and 5months pregnant and had no problem to use the shower. The wifi was not working, neither was the TV in the room; but we came to disconnect, so it was perfect for us. It was a cold night but the room was warm.

In the evening, we had a really tasty dinner at the restaurant of the hotel, where the waiter recommanded a delicious white wine from the area.

And also very important, the staff was lovely.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while visiting Rome. This is a quaint villa in a beautiful location. The rooms are spacious and fairly comfortable. The beds are very firm which is not my preference but not something that would keep me away either. The bathroom is clean and a decent size. The shower is very small. A person of any size would have difficulty in this shower but it was fine for my daughter and I. This is an older villa and is in need of some TLC. The carpets are worn and the walls show their age but again not something that would keep me away. The staff was courteous and helpful. This hotel might not be my first choice but I would stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This hotel is located in a beautiful setting. When you first approach the grounds and look up at the stately building, you are struck by its beauty. However, when you enter, that changes. Most of the areas I was in (including my room) were in desperate need of updating. In the rooms and hallways, the paint was dirty and/or peeling, as was the wallpaper. Despite the condition of the walls and carpet, our room was clean. (Believe me, I am super picky about this.) I was in my friends' room also, and theirs had been updated and was much nicer than ours. Additionally, there are water issues. The first night I had a cold shower. The next day I had a hot one, and my husband had a cool one. The third day, I showered first and had a cool one while he showered second and had a warm one. There was no rhyme or reason to it. Also, the showers are extremely small. We did have a beautiful window from which you could see the twinkling lights of Roma at night. The room also offered a charming, cozy feeling. The dining area is nice as is the lovely room off of the dining room. The breakfast served to us was decent. If all neglected areas were renovated, this would be the PERFECT hotel.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Here is a hotel that once basked in some 1920s or 30s glory but just doesn't quite make the cut in 2012.
The staff were very friendly, the grounds expansive and distance from Rome about 25 kilometres.
We stayed here as we thought it would be be a better bet than by driving into Rome and catching a train out.
However, we were caught in peak hour traffic and it was an extremely slow drive. A train from Rome where we would have had a wider choice of hotels would have been our best option.
A positive was the free WiFi but that I believe was covered in the cost of the room.
If you want to experience the grandeur of a bygone time this hotel suits.

Date of stay: October 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The Hotel Villa Aricia was a disappointment. On arrival, it was hot in the room, and the air conditioning would not turn on. When I called the desk, the clerk answered "no" when I asked if he spoke English. When I arrived at the desk, I determined he spoke Spanish, and was able to explain the problem. He answered, in English, with a smile, "Open the window". Opening the window, there was a loud party in the courtyard till late in the night. This was least accommodating staff on my trip to Italy.

Breakfast was adequate, at best, lowest quality on the trip. The decor was dated, the building in need of major maintenance and renovation. Somewhat of a musty odor. The grounds were beautiful.

Free Wi-Fi frequently logged you out, requiring re-entry of the password; I finally gave up trying to read emails.

The main positive was the Chigi Palace just up the road; it was spectacular. You need to arrange a tour in advance. The towns near-by were quant and interesting. Good restaurants in the area.

Pros
Walking distance to the Chigi Place
The only official "hotel" in town

Cons
Non-functional Air conditioning
Night staff did not speak English very well
Wi-Fi did not work well

I would not stay here again, and would pick one of the near-by B&B's.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank eallergy