“Great food”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Went for an evening meal in a party of five. I was impressed throughout my visit. Unlike some of the other local hotels, the Belvedere had more of a choice on the menu as well as a specials board. When the food arrived, it was good sized portions and very tasty. None of our party could find any fault in the food. Staff were pleasant and would go there again.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We had not been there for some time but we had heard good reports. The staff were very pleasant, the menu was extensive and the gluten free items were no problem. The hotel was quite busy, always a good sign and we had a really nice time.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

After spending a bit of time in Stonehaven, initially wandering about and wanting fish and chips in a restaurant. Sadly, this didn't happen!

We wandered up the road and came across the Belvedere.

I was sceptical when I walked in as the restaurant was completely empty at around 6:00 - 6:30 PM, although some people had just left as we entered.

I must say, the menu was fairly varied although could probably do with a few more favourites, but overall as a family we dined well.

My wife and I had steak which was both cooked to our liking, the children cleared their plates too.

Staff were friendly, can't fault them at all.

I would eat there again, for sure.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Went for first time tonight. Food was excellent and Staff very attentive and polite.
It was our Daughters 9th birthday and a large table who were also enjoying there Meals sang Happy Birthday.
Will certainly be returning very soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I used to really like it here but I believe they have changed management and it's not as good as it used to be and haven't been back since.

The food is alright.

Sheila H, Owner at Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hi,

I'm sorry that you didn't have the best experience when you visited us. Unfortunately staff move on and we are going through a period of change. My husband and I still own the hotel & work in it at some point every day, but obviously we can't be there 24/7. Hopefully things will settle down once the new staff have bedded in. One of our senior staff members has just rejoined us which should help to settle things down again. Perhaps you could message me privately to let me know when you were in and I can identify the staff and address any training issues. Regards Sheila