All reviews main palace private beach nice hotel per person star hotel reach taormina breakfast room couple of days breakfast selection at home balcony umbrellas contra massage doors
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I stay in this hotel. The reception Staff are all extremely friendly and obliging. Beach front with pool and aircon in rooms.
We where welcomed like family and felt that way for our whole stay. Excellent and well equipped Spa. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here as second part of Great railway journeys Magic of Sicily. Hotel itself is ok but not the star rating given,had concerns about this hotel because of the reviews which unfortunately were true. Set meals were poor,many were made with food from the previous night.The hotels private beach resembled a building sight and the resort was a dead and alive hole there was nothing there no bars or restaurants.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Plus :
The Hotel is in front of the beach in a nice place
The Design is modern and with good Style
The breakfast has a good variety of food, coffee expecially American coffee is very good
Room was large and confortable
Minus :
Despite the 4 stars the services in not high level, the breakfast room was dark and dirty
The people of the service is not adequate for a 4 star hotel
In the room the lights are not placed in the right site
There is a pool(very nice) I would expect they sell swimsuit

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank mysuite21
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Location and view from sea view room great. Room cleaners good. But a lot of poor experiences! No instructions in room especially about the air conditioning and how it doesn't work in every possible condition. I see lots of reviews below now why haven't you done something? I went to reception to report after dinner and found no one who spoke English on duty. I had a man sent up with me who did not understand who put me on the phone who did not understand, who then came to my room with a baby and did not understand but said they would sort out downstairs. At 2220 a man not in any uniform with no identity knocked on door and when I answered just started walking in! I being single female went to stop him but he pointed up at air conditioning and walked in. He didn't speak English either so we got no where.... This followed a group meal that night where in the starters a large black wirey hair was found in food... I asked our leader to bring to their attention and nobody came to speak to me until I requested a response and I was told by a young waiter he apologises but they have no control as they get the food in. The meal that night was also a racecourse, they did not listen to our requests to slow down. Plates being taken away before finished and next courses served immediately. Most of the group on different courses as they did not wait for everyone to finish. I had 2 mouthfuls of second course when they brought my next course of fish out and couldn't understand why I wasn't ready. I asked to be taken away but a lid was put on and put on nearby table. At breakfast the coffee machines were not working on more than one morning. The last night we had a farewell dinner and they would not serve coffee and drinks at end as setting up breakfast (was not late). The food quality, choice and service for dinner was very poor. Did find an excellent bar 1km down the seafront to left though called a18 which was excellent food and service! So location for travel good with good view of sea but hotel needs to sort itself out a bit for 4 star rating.....

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan J
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

This hotel looks lovely from the website and we were not disappointed with the room. It was well furnished and had a lovely balcony overlooking the sea. The town where it is situated is not great, very run down. The hotel caters for local parties and this could be a problem for some guests. These parties start late at night and go on till 2 in the morning ending with very loud fireworks. The hotel has no information pack in the room which is a shame and has been suggested in other reviews, but not actioned. For instance we did not realise that the air conditioning didn't work whilst the balcony doors were open. First night was bitten by mosquitos could have been avoided had we known about the door! An information book could give you this information. Breakfasts were good, there was a good choice of items. Dinner was not so great. Only two choices on each course but other people dinning there (friends or family of manager/owner) were given different, more interesting food. Bread often stale as well as breadsticks. Not many of the other guests ate in the restaurant but there is very little else around unless you want to drive. Maids great and room was always clean with fresh towels. Waiters not always consistent, some were great and others were moody.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple