All reviews main palace private beach nice hotel per person star hotel reach taormina breakfast room couple of days breakfast selection at home balcony umbrellas contra massage doors
Reviewed 23 November 2014

the hotel is located in a touristic area in front of a pebble beach but although in the end of June not much preparation was done by the locals to welcome tourists. Local transportation is scarce or should I say that if you do not have a car you feel isolated. Furthermore you end up in this isolated place but there are limited places to have or buy some food. The staff as well the locals had difficulty to communicate in English. They charge the WiFi that by the way is really slow which usually in other classy hotels nowadays is free. The toilet seat in our room was dirty. Also make sure to get your ID back!! My partner and I tried to charge us both for the price of single room instead of a double room we had requested in our reservation. No assistance for the guest that had to leave early in the morning to get to the airport, they supercharge everything you might ask even the taxi for the airport, you get the impression that the price is arranged among them so that even hotel get percentages from the taxi fee...the only word you heard was sorry for your trouble and this price is especially for you like they were doing you a favor, although later you realized that the actual price is even lower form the special one you got from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank mnikol80
Nicola Lorenzo M, Direttore vendite at Main Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank your for contacting and for choosing Main Palace Hotel & Spa.

We do read our guests' comments with attention as it is very important for us to
receive both positive and negative input which enables us to target problem
areas and take the necessary actions to ensure that our loyal returning guests
leave the Hotel with only pleasant memories. We appreciate your making us aware
that some aspects did not meet your expectations over the recent holidays.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Main Palace Hotel & Spa and regain your
confidence in our property , please feel free to contact me directly whenever your travel plans bring you again to the Taormina City. I would be more than happy to assist you with your accommodation requests.

Reviewed 19 November 2014

Stay was overshadowed by receptionist who INSISTED in keeping ID at check-in, but did not remember returning it at check-out (was not a single case, but happened to at least three people of our group independently!). In my case, I discovered the loss on the other side of the straight in Reggio di Calabria, had only 12 hours to go until my flight in the morning and no identification with which to embark on the plane. When calling the hotel and asking for help, the answer from Nicola was "I am sorry about your mistake, there is nothing we can do for you. Ask the people with which you are staying now to help you." About this answer two aspects were outrageous: (1) Blaming the guest for own mistakes. (2) NOT HELPING ME EVEN THOUGH I WAS STILL A GUEST OF THE HOTEL (I had to pay for the night in question in Reggio, because Nicola had insisted a refund was impossible for something already paid). For me both aspects are an inacceptable breach of hospitality, and I would not advise going there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Martin E

Dear Martin E,

Thank you for choosing Main Palace Hotel & Spa and for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
I have read your comments with attention and really regret that your impression of our Concierge and manager was disappointing. Likewise your comments have been gratefully appreciated.
We truly hope that you will allow us the opportunity of regaining your confidence whenever your travel plans again bring you to Taormina/Beach and we will be happy to assist you with your booking request or other arrangements.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had a wonderful time at the hotel and in Sicily! The hotel is new, modern, but a bit understaffed. The beach is just in front of the hotel (pebbles) and the water is crystal clear.The pool area is good, not enough sunbeds.
The staff is very nice, but sometimes overloaded with to much work and few of them speak anything but Italian. The manger Nicola was nice, at first a bit arrogant, but then very helpfull.
Breakfast lacks diversity, too few fruits and vegetables, and a lot of cakes! But the dinner buffet was amazing. Lots of fish and seafood, very well cooked! Congrats to the chef!
From the hotel you can easily reach Taormina and Messina. Many trip possibilities: Etna, Catania, Palermo, Eolian Islands etc.
We will come again for sure!

Room Tip: Choose rooms with sea side view at the upper floors.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

A very nice & modern hotel with a great location, exactly infront of the Roccalumera cystal clear beach. Clean rooms and friendly staff. A big thank you goes to Nicola Lorenzo as well as the Reception Staff for their continous help. Much appreciated. Well Done and Keep it up :)

Room Tip: Would be better to choose a room with the balcony facing the beach
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alexia V
Nicola Lorenzo M, Direttore vendite at Main Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Guest

What a pleasure to hear such nice comments about the Main Palace Hotel & Spa and our team members.

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your impressions about our hotel, which will be definitely shared with our staff.
At the Main Palace Hotel & Spa we are very proud of our service and it is always a pleasure to know we achieved our goal: providing a unique experience to our customers and meet every client's expectations.

It would be a pleasure to hear from you again, whenever you may be planning another stay in Sicily

Meanwhile, I truly hope that the time here in Roccalumera will be a most memorable experience and that you will enjoy the rest of your stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Internet on the room is not free!
Very noisy traffic in front.
Dirty, mess, unsecure garage.
Mess reception counter.
Unprofesdional service counter.
Dirty room (windows full of something)
The manager feels more important than the guests are. He is a male but the behavior was like a diva I must say.

I arrived with the car in the garage of the hotel and the garage is round full of construction things, garbage and mess. They charge a fee with 8 Euro per night for Security parking but there is no security, the Gate is open, almost no light and open for everybody. So! It is better to park on the street.

The first Impression with the mess in the garage was continue on the counter. The reception counter was a mess with full of papers and foulders. The lady does not speak english but more with the employees. She was in private clothes.

"The manager preferes to sit in the Restaurant of the hotel for dinner for more than 3 hours and with 2 other peoples instead of helping the women on the counter that was a replacement of others and was totally lost.

"The manager" came and told me that if I need something I only need to to call the reception. After arriving on the room - I called the reception because the mini bar was almost empty, the window could not be cloesed perfectly, that's why the Aircondition was not working. The reception answered "1 Moment please" and after 5 minutes waiting she hang up the phone. So I went down. After a stupid and Energy-consuming discussion with the Manager - he came to the room obviously annoyed and unwilling - to try to fix the window but he could not.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank MeComTraval
Nicola M, Direttore vendite at Main Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Main Palace Hotel & Spa during your recent visit to Taormina area and for submitting a review regarding your stay.

We regret reading of such short-comings and we'll make sure such minor incidents do not repeat themselves in the future.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you.