“Not what I expected!! Wouldn't go back there again!!”

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Toronto, Canada
“Not what I expected!! Wouldn't go back there again!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My family and I just came back from our trip to Grand Palladium and I have to say I wasn't impressed.
Rooms: Shower was crazy!!! Bath tub even worse! We had an amazing maid but on her day off our room wasn't even cleaned!!! At 6pm we returned to our room to get ready to go out for dinner and that's when 3, yes 3 maids came to clean our room!! I asked them to leave cause there was no point at that time!
Food: One word AWFUL! I know we shouldn't expect much, but with three buffet you would think they would be different NOPE!! And the one thing that pissed me off was no sleeveless shirts for men in the buffet area. Yes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, a man needed to wear a t-shirt....while woman had their breasts hanging out, a man needed to wear a sleeved shirt....pathetic!!!
Entertainment staff: THey were amazing, the shows not so much.
Our plane was delayed and because of that we had to spend another night. TO "ACCOMEDATE" us, as they would say. We were told to CHECK out then check in at 3 which meant 4. And we were sent to the back of the hotel like outsiders. What a way to accomdate! THen the sunwing representive, told us that the bus way going to pick us up at 1:30am but she was so wrong it arrived at 2:45am. Lack of communication, rude service and dumbs rules makes me not want to go back there ever. I wouln't tell people tp go but I would sure tell them of our horrible service. A little advice, instead of getting your empoyees to invite us to a breakfast to check out other locations, take a look at that one you have and fix it.
I've been to Jamaica 4 times and I have to say this was the worst experience!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,858)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

me and hubby just got back 5th june, must say this resort is really pretty with fab gardens and more lovely butterflies and flowering shrubs than i have ever seen. we have been to St Lucia, mexico, and the dominican and this resort is the nicest. Also very good resterants but would work better if you could reserve your table ,as not prebooking is a nightmare. we had to wait 1and a half hours for a table and quickly learned to go eat around 7pm when no crowds. A bit early for us , much prefer to book and only takes 10 to 15mins of your time. BUT the only thing to spoil this place is LOUD music everywhere, you cannot get away from it anywhere even at the "quite pool" and you can hear two and even three different lots of music at the same time, that really drives you mad. some days we would leave the pool before we wanted to because we could stand it no longer. What a shame. Management, please just walk round this site, this could be sorted easily and would then not drive people away. Paul and Mon England

Room Tip: 35 to 40 villas are quieter, get top floor
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank monica k
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2012

our ninth fantastic trip since the resort opened. we usually just do 2 trips a year there. but we decided when we were there this past may............we will take all 3 of our international vacations there this year.............no way to get better people and resort......they are our family abroad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great resort!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: always ask for top floor!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SUSIEANDJERSEY
Dillon
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Lady Hamilton was not an adult only resort. The 2 resorts are connected and children run wild. The rooms were awesome and the service was ok. The beaches were small so we used the pools most of the time. My wife was looking forward to tanning topless but with all the kids running about there were not many ladies topless and she stayed covered and wore full bottoms. The food was ok at best and the bellmen always wanted tips. For my first Jamacian vacation it was ok for the price and I really can not complane. I probably would not go back to this resort BC of the location but I would not tell someone not to go there. We took a privat cab to YS Falls and went through the interior of the island. The trip to YS was the highlight of our trip. The drinks were great and flowed with Appleton Rum. All and all we had a great time the service was average and the people were kind. There was security on site all the time and there were no venders to bug you. The occasional matinance man would hit you up for a cigarette or as if you needed anything special a polite NO was all it took to keep them at bay.

Room Tip: Skip the transfers and call a private cab. No waiting in front desk lines and it's only cost a f...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Erik I
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Greetings! Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your positive comments about our rooms and the service..

I am unsure about your beach comments. We have three of the best beaches at our resort and majority of our guests would differ with you on your opinion. Our Sunset Beach is first choice by most of our visitors. Similarly, our Coral Beach is a natural sanctuary with live coral areas for incredible scuba or snorkeling. Our Las Brisas beach is also wonderful and facilitates daily activities to keep our guests entertained.

We welcome you to visit in the future as we will be happy to host you once more in true Palladium Style! Thank you for having stayed with us.

Best Regards.

Laura López
Assistant Room Division Director
upper marlboro, md
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Just returned from a visit to the Grand Palladium Resort with a big group for my bff's hubby's birthday celebration. I can not express how disappointed I am in this resort. The pictures were absolutely beautiful so we were so excited to get there. Once we arrived that is when it started going down hill! I actually got married at the Beaches Resort in Negril so my expectations were very high already! The staff at Grand Palladium are very rude, they have multiple restaurants but the food is pratically all the options, the restaurants close early in the evening. The only spot that was open all night was considered a lounge where the food was terrible and offered a small selection of items. The biggest disappointment is that when you go to an all-inclusive, at least my experience is that you are able to order drinks and food at the pool, beach etc...NOT HERE, you are limited to eat only in the restaurants and when we did sneak some food out they yelled at us! The resort ran out of towels, and washcloths during our stary as well....HOW IN THE WORLD does a resort run out of towels???? The beds are hard and rooms are small. Even the showers are designed very wierd. Each morning we had a flood of water on the floor flowing into the hall because the shower head is shooting out right at the door so all the water goes through the opening in th door! I would definitely not recommend this resort to ANYONE. We made our own fun with the group we traveled with, but if it had been just myself and my hubby we would have been searching for somewhere else to stary the remainder of the trip. They really don't have a beach even thought the photos would make you think. It's very small. The most fun we had is when we traveled into Negril to Margarita Ville and laid our on the free beach and then went to Rick's Cafe. Spend your money somewhere else!!! I will be sticking to Sandals/Beaches resorts here on out!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank hawkbaby
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your negative impression of our staff and property. Your feedback is very helpful to us in evaluating our service and we will certainly be looking into the observations which you have made with a view to taking corrective action. We appreciated your comments regarding the quality of the food I ensure you that they have been addressed to the corresponding department.

We encourage guests with issues or complaints to make them known to our Public Relations department, in order for us to immediately address the situation, especially if it concerns the lack of towels. We are sorry for that experience with your room.

About your beach comments we do have three of the best beaches at our resort. The Sunset Cove is first choice by most of our visitors. Similarly, our Coral Beach is a natural sanctuary with live coral areas for incredible scuba or snorkeling. Las Brisas beach is also wonderful and facilitates daily activities to keep our guests entertained.

It would be our pleasure to host you again and offer you our usual warm hospitality.

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
21.8 km away
21.3 km away
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
31.9 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK