Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
ValSullivan
Delaware, Ohio

Absolutely Amazing!!!!!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Aug 2016via mobile
Ok, I'll start off by warning this is a LONG review but I want to give plenty of details about our trip and the resort. I know long reviews helped plan our trip :) I'm starting with the small negatives to get those out of the way as there are soooo many more positives. First is the biggest negative for us; there is alot of solicitation. They have groups around every corner near the "main" areas trying to get you to sign up for their travel club. Yes they give you a gift but who wants to be pestered with spending the day in a sales pitch meeting? It was just a little annoying as some of the same people approached us a few days in a row. Onto the next things which are so minor. We left notes for the house keeper after learning they only give 2 towels and wash cloths. We asked for 4 towels and washcloths to shower in the morning and after swimming. They gave it to us each time we left a note so that is more a heads up. On the subject of towels we ran into one day where every distribution center had no towels but we luckily brought our own so I would highly suggest bringing your own. Lastly, we got the coupon booklet upon our check in but you basically can't use most of the coupons, it's only valid on certain items. Now let's talk about all the positives and more details :)
Upon our check in we were greeted by a rum punch that was very delicious. We then visited the sports bar. Food there was good just be prepared for a little slower service than other restaurants. They told us our room would be available at 3pm but was available an hour before so that was a nice surprise! The bell boy took us on a golf cart to our room and helped carry the heavy bags up the steps (they pick you up when you leave too-dial 8300 when ready to leave). During our stay we visited the spa, don't book at the spa or use a coupon they have people standing near the main area with better deals so we took advantage of them (50% off). The relaxation massage was so nice, the ladies did a wonderful job!! We also took advantage of the romantic dinner on the beach one evening (we booked ahead via email). Dinner was soooo good and definitely worth the money ($195 but you can use a $50 off coupon from the booklet). While we waited on our food they had a professional photographer taking our pictures. His name was Adrian and he was so nice and took the most beautiful photos!! I highly recommend him!!! We later purchased the photos (different packages are available to fit your finances). Anyway back to dinner, the appetizer of beef bruschetta and pumpkin soup was so tasty and the main course was lobster and salmon with a baked potato and grilled veggies. Our waiter (Lesbert) was wonderful. He along with his shadow gave us alot of information and details of the land. It was so neat the learn about their cultute.
The other restaurants we had were nice as well. We tried the buffets for breakfast and lunch and one time at dinner. Lots to choose from but the menu does stay the same...but with so many choices you definitely can try somthing different every day. As for the alacarte restaurants; we tried the xaymaica and their staff was very friendly and food was good! Be warned the jerk sauce is spicey!! They also a mild sauce but you have to ask for it. We also tried Chez Bubba steakhouse, the buffet is a little more limited but our entree was AMAZING! We tried the Lotus house (chinese) as well and it was some of the best Chinese food I have ever had! Our waiter there was the sweetest. I said no appetizer but he brought one just in case and I'm glad he did it was soooooo good!! Also poseidion we tried this for lunch one day, honestly it wasn't too good being open air the salad bar items that should be cold were warm and we got a hot dog and fries and it wasn't too great. Lastly we tried the jerk hut near sunset cove beach and it was very tasty just be careful it is not boneless chicken!
Next are the drinks, all drinks are really strong but if you ask they will make them weaker. Most of the week I stuck to pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris. My husband tried the bob Marley and several rum punches that he enjoyed. All of the bar tenders work so fast and are so friendly. Some reviews suggest bringing your own cup but I honestly didn't see the need for it yes the cups are small but most bars (especially the balcony above the pool) you can get another fairly quick.
Onto our room, our room was amazing!! Gorgeous bathroom with a big tub. We had a king size bed which now that I'm home I think it was a California King. Along with a couch 2 chairs and a nice balcony. Our room was near the coral beach (adults only) Villa 33 and over looked the adults only pool. It was very easy to get to in fact after a couple days the whole resort is super easy to navigate. While we were there housekeeping did a good job cleaning each day (we always left a few dollars as a courtesy).
The beaches- All very nice!! Las breas beach is the largest, it has alot of seaweed but still very nice and the best spot to find shells. One day a grounds keeper came up and gave us a fresh coconut to drink at this beach :) The coral beach is adults only and is the best beach to snorkel at which it being in a cove the current is very weak so easy to navigate and lots of beautiful fish. The sunset cove beach is where you find the water sports, we did paddle boating and loved it!! You can go out by the booies and see coral reefs, very gorgeous. The pools they have are nice as well, we liked the main pool as it is HUGE and there's plenty of room for every one. The adults pool is small though and always crowded.
Shopping- They have 3 souvenir shops there, one smaller closer to lady hamilton side, a liquor & coffee shop located in the middle stretch, and a larger shop on the Jamaican side which has medication too. Everything is marked in US dollars so keep note. Most souvenirs are mid range like you would find any where... $5 Keychain or magnet, $10 coffee cup, $15- $21 hats or shirts etc.
Lastly, a few notes...we tipped a couple dollars every few rides on the golf carts and trips to the bar. I think this keeps everyone happy. Be patient and friendly and everyone will be the same way back. Buy water shoes for getting into the beach areas to swim due to lots of coral in certain areas. Get to restaurants right when they open and there is hardly a wait.
As for entertainment I can't comment too much we were in bed early most nights. One night there was a live band on the deck above the pool and he was great!!! Another night we stayed out and near the pool on the beach they had the POP (people of palladium) group dancing and they did fire throwing and fire jump roping. Very cool to watch!!
All in all this resort is absolutely amazing. The service and friendliness of the staff is exceptional. The food is great! The resort is sooooo large and offers alot to do. The resort is gorgeous, lots of palm trees and flowers and the crew does an awesome job at keeping everything looking nice and uniform.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 29 Aug 2016
It is a pleasure reading your reviews about your recent vacation with us here at Grand Palladium Resort and Spa. We pride ourselves to go above and beyond in ensuring that our guests expectations are totally met.

In your review we noticed that you had a great time and there were some staff who adds to making sure that you had the vacation you dreamed of also the overall facility suits your personal taste.

Again we want to thank you for such great reviews and we really look forward to hosting you as our special repeat guest on your next vacation.

₹13,630
₹12,619
Fully refundable
  • Hotels.com
2.9 km from Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa
Free parking
🇯🇲Jamaican coffee for two.
  • Agoda.com
    Free parking
    Beachfront
    View more hotels in Lucea
    13,867 results
    All reviews grand palladium lady hamilton sports bar adult pool jerk hut travel club main pool kids club a la carte restaurants outdoor shower steak great vacation sunset beach indian restaurant jerk chicken seafood water aerobics montego bay
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 28 August 2016

It's beautiful but the horrible customer services overshadows everything. Last night it took 3 hours to get a sandwich from room service. Most of the time room service doesn't answer their phone! Today it was the same thing. And I called 3 hours ago to have the in-room bar restocked. Yep, still haven't seen anyone. I wish I could move to another resort - it is that bad! Oh and the tipping optional, someone didn't tell the workers - if you don't tip at least $ 5, they get a bad attitude.

The room is beautiful but the walls are thin. Our neighbors are so noisy and have the music up so loud, I cannot even hear my husband in the same room. Front desk has done nothing to help.

My recommendation - go to Secrets or another resort. Although this resort is gorgeous, it's not worth the frustration!

Room tip: 1 bedroom suites with ocean view are gorgeous but not worth the service issues
    5  Thank susiemartin1
    Grand Palladium R, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

We have acknowledged your feedback regarding your recent vacation. We have taken careful note of your comments and we are sincerely sorry that your vacation experience did not meet your expectations.

We will be taking the necessary action to ensure that the situation mentioned is treated as priority to prevent any such reoccurrence. We will share with our Heads of Department so they too can share with their team.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best.

Regards,
    e have acknowledged your feedback regarding your recent vacation with us.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Ok so i was the person reading reviews for 2 weeks lol....i stayed aug 22-26 2016. I decided to get a group shuttle from airport to resort because it was a little cheaper but we waited 30 minutes to fill up the bus with more people and it did a drop off to another hotel before ours so we didnt get to check in until it was dark so now i know to just get my own private cab. Now on to the review.....the resort is beautiful check in was 5 minutes the staff takes you and your luggage in like a golf cart to your room. Staff is so nice and happy they work so hard in the sun so i did tip $1 or $2. I had a honeymoon suite on the ground level so i had lizards and geico in my room but the room was amazing mini fridge comes stocked with soda, water, and beer. Wifi is a little bad in certain parts of room but it was good enough for me. Pools are nice and warm and swim up bar is cool wish it stayed open late. Beaches are very nice but they had caution signs up going towards the jerk hut, which is to die for BTW, they were still fixing things on the beach so its a little messy but once you do the free water activities its sooo amazing. Jerk hut serves chicken, pork and paella(rice with seafood) so i ended up getting jerk hut everyday for lunch and eating by the beach or taking it to my room while passing the bars and bringing drinks also lol. The drinks sneak up on you. The sports bar is what i ate everyday except my last night. Sports bar drinks are strong but its a nice vibe, 8 tvs, games, open 22 hours. Gift shops are pricey but what do you expect. The liquor store is nice and not expensive. They have things for you to do if you want to do the all white beach party or go to the theater room. Its so much fun. I laid on the cabana late night on the beach, pure darkness nothing but stars and waves and yes a few lights from resort. I did have to call to get my fridge restocked but they came fast. Room service was fast and delicious. As you walk outside their tiles lift up so i had to watch where i walked. You could trip over it. They need to fix the little things. It reminded me so much of the fresh prince of bel air like everywhere you turn is huge looks like mansions. Check out was 5 minutes and bus pick up was quick also. I had an amazing time and yes i would come back here not soon since they have alot to fix but future yes i would return. It depends on how you are some ppl need so much attention and forget its vacation not everything will be prefect just lay back and enjoy some delays lol. Drink up and enjoy. Its great truly is.

(dont be afraid to ask them for any jamaican goodies)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    4  Thank sstuar625
    Grand Palladium R, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

We have acknowledged your comments regarding your entire stay and we will share with our team all that you have mentioned in particular those staff who added in making your vacation a great memory.

We thank you for taking the time to share your reviews as this is one of the ways we grow and develop our product and services. We hope that you will be visiting with us on your next vacation in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I gave a much grave reveiw 2 years ago, not entirely accurate. It was my first resort visited and i was too harsh on my reveiw of GP and also realize i should write this one. It is a nice place and well kept. The epople were very friendly and great service, maye check in was a bit slow but not a big deal. Oct 2017 my wife and i are returning for a 10 day visit, after looking around this resort is very good for our needs and the price as well. After i get home i will make a reveiw of it again.

Room tip: Higher floors are nice.
    Date of stay: October 2015
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent vacation with us. We are happy to know that you had a great time while you were here.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I am Jamaican. My partner who is also Jamaican and I went here to celebrate our 6th anniversary. We stayed at Lady Hamilton.

The moment we arrived at the gate we were greeted with skeptical looks as the security wondered why we were there. We explained we would be staying on property and without question were directed to the Jamaica side of the property and not to Lady Hamilton.

As I waited in the lobby while my partner went to park, a bell boy came up to me to check if we were in the right lobby. It was then that we were told that we were on the wrong side of the hotel. We had to go back to the parking lot (P.S. Lucea is severely hot and humid..most humid parish if there is one, but beautiful nonetheless.)

The property is huge so it was with difficulty that we located the Lady Hamilton Lobby. Once there we went to the reception line. There were two receptionists on duty. One was checking in a few tourists and one seemed free. We went to her and were told to wait until the other receptionist was finished checking in the group.

We waited.

After a lengthy wait, a male clerk came, saw us waiting and motioned to us. We went to him and were given a packet with a map of the resort, towel cards and some other stuff. Unlike the other group who had their packet opened by the receptionist and every detail explained, we were just given the packet and told to go down stairs for lunch until our room was ready.

After lunch we went back to the lobby and were told our room was still not ready, this was at least 3:50pm. We sat in the lobby directly in front of the receptionist and waited.

After a while I was tired of waiting in the humid lobby and went to ask how much longer we would have to wait. I was then told that the room was ready a long time ago. Of course at that moment I was pissed because they knew we were waiting on our room and said nothing to us while we sat there waiting.

We were to receive discounts upon check in for spa treatments etc based on the number of nights we booked, but at no point was this given to us. So we had to ask. The look on the receptionist face as she turned to the other receptionist to give her one of the coupon books was distasteful to say the least. She handed the book to me without explaining how it could be used.

There was a desk in the lobby as well where some ladies were selling tours and I tell you, if looks could kill.

The profiling that happens at Grand Palladium needs to stop. I have never met anyone from Lucea and I must say, it is not a good look. I am from Ocho Rios and have been to hotels in Ocho Rios and have never experienced this kind of treatment.

The Property:

Our room was gorgeous and spacious. We loved it.
    The pool is rli nice as well as the themed restaurants. The wait for the restaurants however is a deterrent as it can take up to one hour! Room service is exceptionally slow. One night we waited over three hours before the food came.

Activities:
    We were very excited about the water-sport aspect. Upon arriving at the beach we were told that there was only one functional kayak and that it was in use. Mind you, there was a stack of at least 10 kayaks on the beach. We wanted to try other things but could not find anyone to assist us. Who was not on lunch, disappeared. There was one man, but we was busy assisting another group.

Archery was a complete let down. The first day we went there was a group using the equipment. The clerk in charge told us we could use the equipment once they were finished. Turned out there was only one bow on property and everyone had to use the same sweaty gear. The person who should have been there to give instructions on how to use the gear was absent that day. The next day we went, it was only us. We were told the instructor was not there so we cannot use the equipment. Of course I am baffled because we used the equipment the day before. I explained that we were there yesterday and there was no instructor yet we were allowed to use the equipment after the group who was there finished. We were turned away. Now I am wondering maybe if we weren't locals they would have given us a chance like they did the group yesterday. Note that we were the only persons at the sports complex at this time.

Entertainment:
    Entertainment is limited to one show per night and nothing during the day. This seems like a huge waste as the entertainment area is of good size.

I would love to go into more details but I think this give the general idea. If you are locals, get ready to experience this behaviour. If you are foreigners, the experience hopefully is much better.

Date of stay: June 2016
    5  Thank Islandgirl29ja

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We have taken careful note of your comments regarding your recent vacation here with us and we are sincerely sorry that your vacation experience did not meet your expectations.

We have noted your comments and we will be taking the necessary action to ensure that the situation mentioned is treated with utmost urgency to prevent any such reoccurrence. We will share with our Heads of Departments so they too can share with their team.

Once again, thank for your feedback and we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

The hotel is huge and beautiful, very much a wow factor when you get off that coach. to be welcomed to a rum punch. our check in was quick and painless, there are shuttle bus's which take you round the hotel if you don't like walking but for two 23 years old the small walk was absolutely fine not far at all to the main bit and restaurants. Had a lovey adults only pool and bar which over looked a beach. hotel about 40 mins from the airport.

when we stayed in sep 2015 lots of building works going on, the main beach being dug up, lady Hamilton villas being renovated, so you might want to check its complete which im sure it is by now.

entertainment was good but finished fairly early. then you had some choice of night club, casino or some musicians in the main bar on top floor.

cant comment on Indian restaurant as was closed for refurb but the breakfasts were always great as was the lunch's. steakhouse was amazing, so was the Italian and the buffet had lots of choice bound to be something for fussy eaters. sports bar was lovely and air conditioned where you get fast food and nachos, burgers, Panini's etc. whilst you watch sports. the wait for a table was fine, you get a buzzer and sit at the bar while you wait which was nice. waited no more than 30/40 minutes.

lady Hamilton rooms were lovely having been newly done. minor few issues with air con but it was made up by the maid leaving cake and fruit platters in our room everyday. the bed was huge and lots of different pillows. was beautiful. Jacuzzi bath was lovely too.

once we had a rep tour with tui we couldn't book our excursions for 3 days as every time we went to pay at reception it was packed! so either be prepared to queue or leave it a few days. the chukka tour was brill where you go zip lining and ride horses on the beach was very magical. we also did the dunns river falls where you have the choice to snorkel just before you get there which was also great. food and drinks throughout the day included in the price. I've never done anything like it was very good. pool service was great, spent time mainly around the adult pool, without pestering or bothering you the lovely waitresses come round very often to take drink orders even if its just a water, to save you getting up. always very happy to stop and chat, asking how you are etc. and its lovely once you get to know names. got this service without tipping at all its just in their nature to be kind.

make sure you try the paddling boats and paddle boards down at the jerk chicken hut beach, they are free for hotel guests! so take advantage. the hotel is kind of in a remote setting, so don't expect to just go out and go for a walk around the shops, you would need a taxi ride to go anywhere. but this makes it quite nice in a way because when you have beach views you feel so safe, secluded and a view of privacy as its not a built up city.

the building works did cause quite an issue for us as were told it would be minor when it certainly wasn't and wasn't able to relax as it was directly outside our room, but we did say when it is finished it will make the hotel that extra bit amazing, which It already was so if the building work is finished I wouldn't hesitate to say stay here! wanted to go back this year but price has increased considerably.

Room tip: choose lady Hamilton rooms
    Date of stay: September 2015