“Good food, short staffed”

J B's Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Kaslo
Reviewed 18 August 2018

I’ll start by saying the food was excellent. 8 orders and all of the seafood dishes were spot on. Price point was very good, and the location is clean. The only drawback was they were backed up out the door and new and seasoned staff were struggling. 5 stars for the effort though. Ticket times were 20 minutes at least with another 20 waiting to order and another 20 waiting for seating. Server was on her 5th shift and we could tell she was putting the effort in, but nerves were getting frayed. A couple orders got mixed up as well. Would I come back? Definitely. Would I recommend? For sure. Just mind your timing. We showed up at 6pm Sunday night and they were in the weeds. Looking forward to my next visit when in the area.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

While staying at Ainsworth Hotsprings, we had dinner here. Down-to-earth type of place with the best halibut fish and chips I ever had. So good that we went back there for a second night:)

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We had a fantastic afternoon at JBs eating some of the best fish and chips I have ever had (and I'm from the UK!). Some of the locals were in the pub visiting and telling some wonderful tales... we took those, and our chips, with a pinch of salt! Delicious food and warm welcome. We'll be back!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I had Fish and Chips. As the menu says: "SERVED WITH OUR OWN THICK CUT KENNEBEC FRIES. HALIBUT Fish Hand cut and deep fried in our secret batter."
It was absolutely the best I've ever had. The fish was melt in your mouth wonderful. Perfect batter, so light. The fries were fantastic. Cut in big slices and deep fried perfectly. I'd definitely go back and get the same dish. We got there late afternoon and were able to sit at a table looking out over the lawn to the lake. Very reasonable price. I believe it was @ $21.00 when we were there - late August, but the menu now says it' $19.95.
Wish I lived closer.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Super friendly staff, delicious food and nice location. The prices were good and the service very fast. Highly recommend