All reviews afternoon tea hotel management university campus sandwiches an apple brasserie restaurant new wing old house the main house macaroons modern extension coffee machine garden wing waiting staff beautiful room no air conditioning sunday lunch
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

I visited with my partner for a romantic weekend and were pleasantly surprised. Gorgeous room, attentive staff and the fish Friday evening meal was absolutely delicious. I would 100% recommend a visit to all my family and friends.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
OJQBrown, General Manager at Wivenhoe House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you for your review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your romantic weekend away. Fish Friday is a new thing we are doing in our brasserie, on the first Friday of each month. I am delighted you enjoyed that too. Thanks for recommending also!

Regards

Reviewed 6 May 2017

I stayed there two nights, the hotel and room are just amazing good equality between value and service. Staff really effecient , many thanks to the receptionist , who helped me with my food delivery. Perfect location for somebody who likes
the green nature and who wants have good relaxing.
Nice and testy breakfast
Definitly we will come back

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
OJQBrown, General Manager at Wivenhoe House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Mary Anna,

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your 2 nights with us. I am delighted our receptionist was so helpful.

We sit in the historic park end of the University Campus, which I am pleased you enjoyed.

We look forward to seeing you again some day.

Regards

Reviewed 4 May 2017

My friend and I had a lovely afternoon tea here today to celebrate our birthdays. It was just lovely. The sandwiches and cakes were all perfect and a good selection. The tea was plentiful and the service was excellent. Friendly and attentive staff. We will most definitely recommend to others and will be back ourselves. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Sarah

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable afternoon tea, and that you would have no hesitation in recommending us to others - thank you very much.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 May 2017

We stayed in Wyvern, a great room, over the bank holiday weekend. Bed was very comfy, room spacious. An excellent location for exploring this corner of Essex. Would recommend Beth Chattos Garden. Staff were excellent, many were students studying for a degree in Hotel Management. We ate in the restaurant on both nights; the food was delicious, one of our reasons for choosing the hotel was its good choice for vegetarians. We would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: We were in Wyvern, spacious, quiet. Shower over bath, slightly awkward to get into if you have mobility issues
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
OJQBrown, General Manager at Wivenhoe House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Kate,

Wonderful to read that you would recommend us, thank you very much.

Are beds are very comfy, and we do benefit from really good sized rooms too.

This untapped area of Essex has many things to offer including Beth Chatto, Colchester and of course Constable Country, hopefully you can return to explore more some day.

Our newest menu in the brasserie does have a lot more choice for vegetarians, and we are always looking to improve on the choice the menu offers.

Kind regards,

Oliver J, Q, Brown

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Absolutely love the wivenhoe... second time we have been and still it is amazing .... fabulous food, gorgeous rooms, luxury due to the attention to detail, lovely white company toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities, and slippers and dressing gowns too.
The brasserie has amazing food can't fault it one bit and the cocktails are to die for!
Will for sure be visiting again soon xx

1  Thank Elaine H

Dear Elaine,

You must have stayed on our popular 'Stay & Dine' package. It was great to welcome you back and we hope that we will see you again soon.

With kind regards,