“Nice Place to Eat”

The Flying Boat Cafe
Ranked #14 of 20 Restaurants in Hamble
Cuisines: British
Description: A cafe situated in the heart of Hamble Business Park, serving homemade food using locally sourced ingredients. We have become famous for our homemade cakes
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Go here quite a lot. Food is really nice and the girls are always happy and friendly, but it's seems the portions are getting smaller and smaller. The chicken based specials used to be perfect but now they are half the size.

HambleCatering, Owner at The Flying Boat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hi Keith

Thank you for your review and comments

I will look into the portion issue and discuss with the team

I would agree I have a great team in the cafe

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Love this place, great breakfasts and lots of lunchtime options available during the week. The boss and the girls are always friendly even though they are very busy. Just wish they had a separate line for the coffee’s as it holds up the hungry punters in the mornings.

HambleCatering, Owner at The Flying Boat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to review our cafe.

I have a fantastic team both front of house and behind the scenes and it is always so pleasing that this is recognised by our customers.

I will pass your comments onto the team

Once again thank you

Reviewed 13 December 2017

The staff are very friendly and welcoming but I would suggest wearing gloves and even hair nets when preparing, handling and serving food as it is extremely unhygienic and puts people off.

Hi Kristine

Thank you for your review.

My experience has shown that wearing gloves to handle food is less hygiene than bear hands as the team are more likely to wash their hands frequently than change gloves.

We have recently had our food hygiene inspection in which we scored another 5 out of 5 rating which would indicate we have very high standards.

I will review the standards of dress to ensure hair is tied back and tidy

Many thanks

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I use this café every week. There is a great selection of fresh cooked food everyday, the burgers are great. Staff are friendly and helpful. Just enough tables to have a sit down and relax from the office at lunch. All food can be served to take away as well.

HambleCatering, Manager at The Flying Boat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to review our cafe.

Our team work really hard to deliver fantastic food and service so it is very pleasing when this is highlighted by our customers, I will congratulate and thank them on your behalf

Kind regards

Alex

Reviewed 28 November 2017

This cafe is my regular cafe for quick tasty breakfast and lunch, I love the selection of freshly made sandwiches and cakes
Very friendly staff!
5 stars

HambleCatering, Manager at The Flying Boat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Hi Thank you for your recent review of our Flying Boat Cafe

I am glad you like our cakes and sandwiches, next time you visit look out for our new varieties of both of these including our Christmas range available from Monday.

Thank you for your comments about the team, I will pass on your comments to them who will be delighted

Once again thank you