Warning - if you must be connected to the outside world and on the go - steer clear! This amazing place is a rarity in today's world - isolated and insulated, you almost believe time has stood still. No televisions (wifi is very slow so unplug for a true immersion in peace). Staff is attentive and fabulous. They anticipate your needs, make you feel so welcome. With only 36 suites, there won't be chaos like many big resorts nowadays. The pool is great and I had it all to myself. The bed and sheets are the most comfortable I've slept on, and I've been to a lot of 5 star hotels. It's a bit off the beaten path, but that's the point, if you end up here, which I highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanjiwo (peaceful soul) overlooks Borobudur, the world's largest Buddhist sanctuary, in the rural heartland of Central Java. Located in one of the most scenic parts of the country, the Menoreh Hills rise up behind and no less than four volcanoes grace the horizon. Amanjiwo provides the opportunity for immersion in Javanese culture, offering trips to ceremonies, temples and antique shops. Private dawn and sunset visits to Borobudur and other archeological monuments in the vicinity are the highlight of a stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Amanjiwo Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanjiwo Hotel Yogyakarta
- Amanjiwo Resort Yogyakarta