See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

We wanted an accommodation that is secluded. This place is perfect for that purpose. Its view, room, & dip pool, are simply what we needed and more. The bed is of good quality that exceeded our expectation.
Hotel staff, including owners, are very helpful and friendly.
We like the fact that breakfast choices are offered the night before and served at the time we requested. You can also order dinner. Food is quite nice and portion is generous.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Ririn M, Manager at Borobudur Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Ibu Maggy,
sorry for my late reply and thank you so much for your positive feedback which my team and I much appreciated.
Borobudurhills in fact is a small place and we had decided since the very beginning to keep it secluded to make sure guests enjoy their privacy. We do hope you will come back to Borobudurhills in the near future. Again thank you and warmest regards.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel has nice view and good meal. But, access to the hotel was difficult. Then , the service is still not good. The information provided at the online travel agency was less clear. The bathroom inside the room do not use exhaust fan so smell.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Aleborobudur, Manager at Borobudur Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Guest Mrs Shafira,
thank you very much for taking the time to review us and for your important feedback. Our resort is set in a natural surrounding therefore in respect with the environment we have minimised the usage of electricity. Also Hot water in all rooms is being generated by solar panels and all rooms have in their bathrooms a small window to allow air circulation however could not be as fast as the special ceiling exhaust. The access indeed these days still difficult since the main road was recently under construction to be enlarged up to 7 meters and soon will be asphalted, hence challenging access is the price you need to pay to get a nice view. I apologise if our service Team was not yet as good as you may have expected. In respect with the environment we have hired KM 0 employees who are still under learning process. Again thank you for spending your time to review us and we look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards. Ririn / Resort Manager

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I stayed here three days and wish I had stayed longer instead of heading to Jogja. This place was the perfect compliment to Borobudur. At first, it seemed to far from the action but that also ended up adding to it being such a great choice. If you are the type to break away from the conventional tourist mind set then this will be all you need. It was a good 3km from Borobudur but they have motor bikes for transport (good price) and if you get a good bicycle it will be a wonderful ride through the beautiful village that this place is tucked in. The view from my balcony was the perfect way to end the second half of the day (Borobudur being the first part). It was tranquil and had a nice calming effect watching the greenery and the locals go about their daily life.The room I stayed in was large by any standard and everything worked and functioned well. Ririn and her staff were great and they arranged for me to get to my sunrise pass at 5am. As many people that were at Borobudur I am so thankful I didn't go with the "other" hotel which would seem like the most obvious choice do to being connected to the temple but I believe this gave me a more accurate sense of being in Magelang as oppose to just being another tourist in another vacation spot.

Thank you so much Borobudur hills!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Aleborobudur, Owner at Borobudur Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Dear Guest, on behalf of our small Team we really appreciate your comments about Borobudurhills, indeed this is a place to relax and we are happy to keep this concept as we are in the middle of the Nature but still not far from the daily activities of the Javanese people surrounding us. Rice-tobacco and chili fields are just a walking distance away.
Of corse the sumptuous Borobudur Temple is also not far away and can be reached within few minutes, however from our location is also very visible.
Again thank you for staying with us and hope to welcoming you again in the future.
with very kind regards

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Borobudurhills is a quite new hotel in the Borobudur vicinity. I was drawn to this hotel in Tripadvisor despite my usual booking at the more conservative/traditional hotels due to their good review, newness and attractive pricing.

By google map, this hotel about 3 km’s away past Borobudur (the temple), so if you don’t have your own transportation (i.e rental car or taxi), logistics would be hard. Finding the hotel was tricky – it’s tucked in from the main road with no visible sign. If you’re a typical guy like me who refuses to ask for directions, pay a lot of attention not to your wife, but to google map or waze.

Entering the hotel complex gave me a relief from looking at the neighborhood: local resident houses that are very traditional (read: old and not well maintained). In contrast, Borobodurhills still looks and smells new and well kept. It’s also clean, well lit, and all their equipments and room condition is still new – which is a big plus in the region given that most other hotels in this price range are aged. The receptionist is also very attentive, insisting to help me to carry a huge luggage up the stairs despite her tiny frame.

Breakfast’s taste was OK, They earned extra credits from custom-cooking breakfast for us, which was a very nice touch. The dining room is facing the paddy fields with Borobudur temple in the backdrop. In a sunny morning it’s a treat to have this view complemented by the fresh, clean air.

My only disappointment is with their strict policy on numbers of guests in the room. With my 7 and 9 year-old kids, they stick to the SOP and enforced their “extra bed” rule, which is to be frank the first ever during my numerous hotel stays since my kids will sleep with us in the main beds anyway. Unfortunately this costed me almost one full room at Rp.400K (vs. the room cost of Rp.500K), making the stay not cheap anymore. My kids are too young to stay in their own room, so I can’t go for the full additional room option. Despite the extra breakfasts for them, I personally think it’s not worth the money. Had I known this, I would have stayed at my usual stay of Manohara that gives me direct access to the temple.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel only if I (or you) have 2 people most in your party. Oh, and only if you have your own transportation.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Aleborobudur, Manager at Borobudur Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Guest,
first of all thank you for staying at our Property and for your review.
Since it is a new property we are still working on the direction's signages however the place is already well known in the surrounding. Hopefully within few months a signage will be installed as they are working on the main road which will be enlarged up to 5 meters and want make sure the installation is properly done.
The google map is however a good alternative until today.

Our rooms offer, at our small Resort, is to accommodate only 2 person per room, eventually a 3rd person with an extra charge.
Recently we had received bookings as yours for two pax however 7 people show up trying to occupy one room with all consequences You may understand.
We want keep the Resort as a private homy place as we are using eco friendly equipment such as solar energy which can release generously hot water if the room's average occupancy is not more than 3 person per room being the Complex full. Above this average guests needs could be affected.
Again thank you for your positive and less positive info which allow us to further clarify.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in Borobudur, I remain

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

This place is what you called a hidden gem that is perfect all the way.. from the hospitality of the owners Rio and Alessandro to the homy concept that they offer is just superb. The owner will cook for you if you're lucky, one of the best lasagna that I've ever taste ....the breakfast and dining room is more like a common room where you can see the influence of dutch colonial decoration while the villas are a mix of old and modern style. There is also an old Joglo ( an old Javanese style vernacular house) that is just great to bring your book and drink your chamomile tea.

it opens just a couple of months before, we stayed in the indoor pool villa, in which they only have 8 units for rent 4 villas and 4 studio type rooms.. the view to borobudur temple is simply the best imo especially at sunrise. If you like crowded atmosphere this is not the villa for you but if you're like me who just want to have some quiet, serene, a place to unwind with only the sounds of gecko and cricket at night..this is it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tcbhum
Aleborobudur, Owner at Borobudur Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Mr Trofi,

thank you very much for your review and we are happy to know you have enjoyed your stay at Borobudurhills. Yes as You correctly mention the place is a "homy concept" and so should remain in the future. We do also understand since we have recently started our soft opening period we still need to fine tune some details as we aim to have a special food service with a very good value for money. Beside the village local cuisine we are going to feature several European renown dishes and of course special home made pastas.
So, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Borobudurhills
With very warm regards