All reviews high ceilings sunrise tour minute walk beautiful hotel no lift junior suite walking distance lovely pool main gate separate toilet mini mart horse drawn cart colonial style hotel swimming pool perfect combination ticket office decent hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The photos do not do it justice, especially the rooms. Mine was unrecognisable, I couldn't believe I'd booked such a large room for just me (solo traveller in junior suite). There was so much room and lovely high ceilings, wished I was staying for longer just for that.

I stayed to see Borobudur which was really close and worth the trip.

Breakfast was ok but could maybe use more variety. Dinner was good.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank HappyFlo
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel close to Borobudur (2min walk down the street). Beautiful rooms, garden, swimming pool. Restaurant offers good food. Nice breakfast with fresh mango and guava juice. Shower was hot, bed was good.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Great location near the main entrance for Borodour temple - literally walking distance of 5 minutes. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice pool, appeared well kept. Very nice looking exterior and interior, especially compared to surrounding buildings. Parking, but looks like it could fill up quickly with a lot of guest cars.

At first we had to do an ala cart breakfast, pre-ordered, because there would not be enough guests for them to run a buffet. However, I guess enough guests did eventually show up, so they had the buffet. They charged for my 2 smaller children, even though they don't eat much. Although at least it was 50% of the full-price. Still, for the rate I was paying, I felt it was a little nickel-and-dime, but overall was not much of a difference for 1 night. Bathrooms showed some age, but at least an effort to keep relatively clean. Barely enough toilet paper for family of 6.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

for a moment, i was like, wow, we’re going back to 50’s? because the hotel was very unique, very quaint, and the details, ooooh. its so beautiful. perfect combination between luxurious and simplicity. i feel so relaxed here, and we had a good time. really good time.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This is a small hotel very close to the main gate of Borobudur. The manager was very helpful, telling us of all the options for getting into the temple and the prices. We chose to pay a little bit more for the sunset package that was worth every penny. The sunset was spectacular and the temple very quiet. There is a mini mart opposite the hotel, and the hotel manager pointed us to a bicycle rental place across the road which rents out new, well serviced bicycles, at a very low price that we used to explore the villages and countryside around the temple. The pool is big and clean, and the hotel is quiet. However breakfast is very basic, and we could have done with more than two small towels in the bathroom. It's not quite a five star hotel, but we noticed most of the points in earlier negative reviews had been addressed and put right.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple