See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We just found this place by mere chance. And it turned out to be the best part of our 3 week trip to Europe. Gorgeous setting, great food & wine. The staff were very nice and hospitable. Highly recommond it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2013

If you go to Italy you have to go here ! It is like staying in a castle, and being treated like royalty !!!
When you arrive, the owner has a complimentary bottle of champagne ( on ice) waiting in your room. He carries your luggage, and will even pick you up at train station if needed. Restaurant is classy, menu in Italian, but ask upstairs before going to dining room, if you are not sure what the foods are. We had the ravioli( all fresh, homemade) a bottle of wine and tiramisu (also homemade) and it was only 22 Euros. Breakfast is a traditional Italian feast served on linen tablecloths by the sweetest girl you will meet in Italy. She even gave us a tour of the top floor of the villa and the grounds ( just ask, they love to show off their villa) if you need maps or directions, they are also very helpful. Every employee was absolutely fantastic ! Will go again, when I go back to Italy !!!
PS- if you are planning a wedding, they do those, too...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Everything already said is utterly accurate. Staying in this 500 year old villa is a privilege. A suite of rooms and an enjoyable, beautifully cooked and relaxed dinner (our best in Italy). All served by the charming Albania Armand who, gave us a tour of the upper floor. Breakfast was very good and the staff were extremely kind and generous, a jewel in the crown of Tuscany.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I have stayed in this hotel many times on business,so I knew that the staff were helpful and welcoming,the rooms a nice size and the breakfast good.This time I stayed with friends and my wife,it gave me time to investigate the hotel more fully,it is worth a visit in its self,very tasteful, creating a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere,as someone else said its like staying in a palace.
I couldn't recommend highly enough.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2011

My friend and I were visiting San Miniato for the annual truffle festival. Villa Sonnino lies in an elevated position in it's own grounds overlooking the small village of La Catena and is about 3 miles from San Miniato railway station so you do need to take a taxi. It is better if you have a car as it will save on taxi fares although there are busses at the bottom of the hotel drive.
The hotel is ideally placed for visiting Pisa, Florence, Lucca etc. Our room was a twin (room 101) which had 2 large single beds, a huge bathroom and lots of space. All spotlessly clean. There was a complimentary and welcome bottle of Asti brut in the room which we put in the minibar and scoffed later.
The breakfast was typical with cold meat and cheese but very good-do try the sweet cakes and pies-yum yum. The restaurant food was excellent and we ate in for 2 nights out of 3. Very good house wine.
It is family run and the owners couldn't do enough for us.If you want anything just ask. Their English is better than my Italian!! Will stay again.Buonissimo.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple